• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I think the recent news are very concerning. Gold's slump is a real joke given the news today. I might take the opportunity to buy some Sovereigns soon. Not yet decided how long I will wait. If Citi goes under, all bets will be off. There won't be much bullion around shortly afterwards, IMO. But then, too big to fail, right? :o

Citi bank going under will start bank runs worldwide in my opinion.

This could happen. I mean, Citi doing a Northern Rock on public TV, with the commentary that this was once the world's biggest bank - wouldn't go over well with the average person on the street.

Billy, you had this link to the Sinclair audio, right? Could you please post it again. Cheers, GF.

Hi GF, this is the 'top secret' one, from Jim's Tanzanian Royalty site...

http://event.on24.com/clients/default/pres...amp;mode=launch

Very long URL, it worked for me yesterday :o

I also have a bootleg here from Igor at goldismoney:

ttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=8LMWGGQ0

You will be prompted to enter an alphanumeric code located at the top on the right hand side of the screen, then wait for 45 seconds until the "Free" button becomes available. Click on it and save the file to your computer (don't use download managers like GetRight, FlashGet etc.), the download should be fairly fast, my test took just a couple of minutes.

Again, please excuse the quality and harddrive spinning noises, I hope you don't find them too distracting.

Regards,

Igor

PS

Would be interesting to compare them - I assume they are the same but I dunno if the bootleg might contain more info?

Wish I was at the Conference, it would have been a blast :)

It's extrenmely serious - you can bet enormous resources are being thrwon at Citi and many many other banks both in the USA and UK/Europe to keep them afloat. The BOE is quietly bailing out banks with handouts every week, same in the USA with the FED ... :o

Even the BBC's Peston has been talking about gold today on his blog...

Gold and Gordon Brown

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

So why did Gordon Brown as chancellor dispose of all that gold? Well, my recollection of conversations with him and his advisers at the time is that they hated what they perceived as the intrinsic laziness of gold. It simply sat in the vaults gleaming but earning no interest.

They wanted assets that appeared to earn their keep, by generating interest payments.

They also hoped and believed that rampant global inflation was a thing of the past, and that the days of gold’s soaraway success would never recur.

CONTINUE >>>

The comments are well worth a read aswell... :o

Or it could just be that Brown is hopeless with money.

How else can we be in a position where we have no reserves despite 10 good years?

Hi GF, this is the 'top secret' one, from Jim's Tanzanian Royalty site...

Cheers! I will check this out later. Goes all on my iPod for the car. :)

BTW, today's plunge usually would have sparked a serious number of posts by goldbugs on HPC. Looks rather dead now in terms of gold over there. I guess they will miss the boom. :o:);)

Citibank is under water already. I still don't think they will be allowed to publicly fail.

Yes they are already dead - it's now all a matter of keeping all the plates spinning and keeping the illusion going - as most of you know the FDIC folks in the USA have recently rehired 30 retired old bankruptcy codgers (from the savings and loan debacle) as they expect bank failures imminently, as confirmed by helicopter Ben last week. I think they'll let small fry fail and do all in their power to prevent Citigroup from public bankruptcy. Having said that it may already be too late.

Even the BBC's Peston has been talking about gold today on his blog...

The comments are well worth a read aswell... :o

He is a disaster zone with mathematics/economics - his lazy degree was a thesis on labour during the 1920s, or something like that. I'm reading the biography of him at the moment by Tom Bowyer - quite an eye opener for Mr Rocking Horse. He has thoroughly bankrupted UK PLC, and hasn't finshed yet!

Yes they are already dead - it's now all a matter of keeping all the plates spinning and keeping the illusion going - as most of you know the FDIC folks in the USA have recently rehired 30 retired old bankruptcy codgers (from the savings and loan debacle) as they expect bank failures imminently, as confirmed by helicopter Ben last week. I think they'll let small fry fail and do all in their power to prevent Citigroup from public bankruptcy. Having said that it may already be too late.

Suspect you've very much nailed it on the head there Billy.

The big players will no doubt get the bailouts and the minnows will either be left to sink or gobbled up by the bailed out pike so to speak or both even. How they prevent their liabilities from exacerbating the situation still further remains to be seen nevertheless. Surely they can't continue printing until every corporation that is too big to fall has been saved, or can they?

Of course, gold will inform us of the overall cost in due course...

Suspect you've very much nailed it on the head there Billy.

The big players will no doubt get the bailouts and the minnows will either be left to sink or gobbled up by the bailed out pike so to speak or both even. How they prevent their liabilities from exacerbating the situation still further remains to be seen nevertheless. Surely they can't continue printing until every corporation that is too big to fall has been saved, or can they?

Of course, gold will inform us of the overall cost in due course...

Yep. Jonah Gordon stepped in with Northern Wreck because a situation had developed where more than one major entity could go under spectacularly - the overriding concern then was to stem multiple bank runs and sod the consequences. Tricky for the FED and BOE - one mistake and the house of cards will collapse. So far they've been lucky, but luck can turn in an instant - a Black Swan - ~~~ especially when Murphy's fundamentals all hit at the same time.

They are simply protecting their investment in the community which generates millions of pounds per year for them through advertising revenue. I think it was a very sudden reaction without much justification hence there is a chance that Financial Planner (the owner of HPC) was bribed by an outside source to hush up the gold thread.

I know it seems far fetched but if you believe the gold price is being suppressed then it's not a big jump to realise the possibility of this happening, the HPC forums get a huge number of visitors and thats set to increase substantially in future as the crash unfolds. See my previous post for details about how we can make as much as HPC is making from house prices, by making a forum for gold on it's way up, I'm an expert at marketing.

I had never thought of HPC as being big business. It has a membership of about 10,000, max users ever 1,100, which is quite small for an internet forum. The white supremacist site Stormfront.org has 126,000, max users ever 5,000, whilst the bestiality forum Beastforum.com has 464,000 members, most users ever 2,300 (most users too busy off chasing the fauna one assumes). Not that I share the passions of either, you understand, I just love to explore the Internet for its myriad planes of human perversity.

What are the financials of a site like HPC? What does it really cost to run? How do you "own" a site? What advertising revenue do they bring in? You suggest "millions" but I would be surprised if they got more than a few grand in practice. Like I said, it's a pretty small site in the run of things (Maybe they should introduce some sheepshagging to get the numbers up!).

Dr Bubb has so far kept the advertising quite low-key on this site. In fact until you goldbug rabble turned up it was quite peaceful! Welcome in.

This thread is a day old, and it is already clear that HPC's loss is our/GEI's gain.

Still, I'm sure CTT and Der Oldher are giving each other high 5's now that they have 'washed their hands' of that blummen thread which did not meet their world view. :lol:

I thought Bernanke spoke this morning at 0930 EST to community bankers, from what I can tell he didn't say much of note. Can't find anything to say he's speaking this afternoon, if he is, who is he speaking to?

Oh, I read somewhere that he was due to speak again at 7:30pm or something. Perhaps I've misinterpreted something along the way.

Oh well, thanks for the heads up in that case...

This thread is a day old, and it is already clear that HPC's loss is our/GEI's gain.

Still, I'm sure CTT and Der Oldher are giving each other high 5's now that they have 'washed their hands' of that blummen thread which did not meet their world view. :lol:

And it's mostly been a down day price wise...

Wow this drop is relentless, large volume and no relief rally. Can't help but feel we're close to the bottom now though, maybe 950 will do it. Horrible day for miners as well.

Can't complain, I've been waiting for this. Dollar cost averaging is all very well, but there is just no point paying more than you needed to.