Cash4Gold reaches Reuters.......Found this and was gobsmacked. It's basically an ad.

Cash4Gold Values Anglo-Saxon Gold Treasure Hailed as Major UK Discovery

24 Sep 2009 - 20:08

'Priceless' Gold and Silver Would Have Melt Values of $165,000

POMPANO BEACH, Fla., Sept. 24 /PRNewswire/ -- The archaeological world has

been rocked by discovery (beneath a field in Staffordshire) of the UK's

largest haul of Anglo-Saxon treasure. Metal detector Terry Herbert reportedly

discovered 1,500 precious metal pieces, weighing a total of 16.5 lbs, which

have been declared treasure.

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20090727/LA52238LOGO-a)

The collection is being valued by the British Museum in London in a process

which may take more than a year. However, if Terry can't wait that long, he

could send his newfound treasure to Cash4Gold (www.cash4gold.com) and receive

its melt value within a matter of days. Certified appraisers at Cash4Gold

place the melt value of the gold and silver items discovered at approximately

$163,041 for the gold and $1,365 for the silver. Those evaluations assume the

gold is 24 carat (nearly 100 percent pure) and the silver is sterling, which

is 92.5 percent pure.

The melt value refers only to the amount of actual precious metal contained in

an item that Cash4Gold can extract and recycle, and does not account for

decorative, artistic or historic value.

"A find like this is priceless from a historic point of view. The

craftsmanship is apparently remarkable, and obviously we will not be getting a

call from Terry any time soon," said Cash4Gold CEO Jeff Aronson. "However,

for all those people out there without large quantities of intricately

designed Anglo-Saxon treasure, Cash4Gold is a fast and convenient option for

monetizing unwanted or broken gold, silver or platinum items."

Cash4Gold accepts gold, silver and platinum pieces from residents in the U.S.,

UK and Canada. For more information on how to sell jewelry, consumers are

invited to visit www.Cash4Gold.com.

About Cash4Gold

Cash4Gold is the world's #1 buyer of precious metals including gold, silver

and platinum from the general public, and one of the largest refiners of

precious metals in the United States. Through an efficient and proprietary

process, the company has revolutionized the mail-in refining industry, and is

a fully-integrated company with front-end customer service and marketing

operations and a back-end refinery. Hundreds of thousands of satisfied

customers have received millions of dollars from Cash4Gold since its

inception. Cash4Gold has warned customers that unauthorized businesses are

running cash for gold scams fraudulently using Cash4Gold's name and logo in

their marketing and storefronts/kiosks. Cash4Gold reminds customers that the

company does not operate any stores, and that the only way to do business with

the real Cash4Gold is through the website www.Cash4Gold.com or the toll-free

hotlines featured in the company's official advertisements. To sell gold,

visit http://www.cash4gold.com/ or call 1-877-GOLD-590 for more information,

and don't forget to visit the Cash4Gold blog.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Dan Norcini today:

Dear CIGAs,

There appears to be a deadly contest occurring in the Dollar market over the 76 level on the USDX. As I have mentioned in my prior commentary, a closing downside breach of 76 and the USDX will promptly drop to 74. That will be enough to allow gold to shoot to $1,030 and take out that level. Once that level gives way on a close, momentum funds will flood into the gold market overwhelming the ability of Goldman and Morgan to suck down all the gold bids into their magic price capping box and we should see an acceleration higher. I am not sure who is supplying the bid to the Dollar to attempt to prevent this but their footprint is evident on the hourly charts. There was nothing in yesterday’s FOMC statement that was the least bit Dollar friendly.

Based on their silence one can only come to the conclusion that the Dollar/Yen level is losing its fascination with the monetary authorities in Japan who now appear to be looking across the water at China and further over to India as their future financial interest centers. Could it be that the 51rst state of the Union is “seceding” from Uncle Sam’s fiefdom as it witnesses the implosion of US economic might? I think so. After all, outside of the US everyone and their mother can see the handwriting on the wall detailing the demise of US economic might. Self interest still rules supreme not only in the individual but among nations. Japan is wisely doing what is in its long term financial interest.

A point of interest – the British Pound stinks to high heaven right now which is why gold priced in those terms continues to stay firmly above the 600 pound level. Britain’s currency is suffering from the same fate as the US Dollar – its masters are deliberately attempting to pull the rug out from beneath it so as to cheapen their exports on the global market.

Dan Norcini today:

More from Dan today;

Gold had recently been acting as a safe haven play with more and more investors growing nervous over the continued proliferation of paper debt to provide them a store of wealth. For the earlier part of this year, gold was trading in tandem with the “we love risk” or “we hate risk” psyche of traders/investors. When risk was in, gold was in. When risk was out, gold was considered risky and was sold. That changed a few weeks ago. We will watch how gold handles this situation should the equity markets move lower during October, a time in which they have a tendency to do just that. If its safe haven status is intact, it will find eager buyers on any price retracements.

Again, just to repeat, gold’ s seasonal tendencies favor upside action into the 4th quarter.

can I ask a question about this one. If you have queen vic facing you & upright, when I spin the coin around exactly, should the coat of arms be upside down,with the crown at the bottom & upside down ? :unsure:

edit - some of the other sovs are like this also, with upside down st george .....some are the same .....h'mmm

Where did you finally order your coins from GOM, it is just that shield Victorias are more collectable than those with a St. Goerge, some years or some die numbers are even more collectable?

Where did you finally order your coins from GOM, it is just that shield Victorias are more collectable than those with a St. Goerge, some years or some die numbers are even more collectable?

hey id5,

actually I cocked up with my limit(s) from CID. I posted on here that I hit my 20k gold limit (using mine & Mrs GOM accounts 10k each), but forgot that I changed one of my last orders to include another 5k euros silver last minute. So I still had just over 5k euros on gold to use.

I got 29 sovs from CID (my first order of sovs).

I still haven't checked them all out yet. I intend to do so over the weekend. That reminds me was it you that recommended a book (I forgot to save the name) for sovs ?

I'll go back now & have a look at the post again.....

First time I bought a sovereign I was a little suspicious of them, but after spending a bit of time on Chards Gold Sovereigns website I found more than enough info to put my mind at rest. There is quite a bit of variety in the Obverse(heads) and the Reverses(shields/george&dragon) also the mint marks are worth exploring with a very good magnifying glass.

It may be worth investing £20 in a 2009 copy of Spinks coin catalogue, its got much more detail for identifying Sovereign mintage as well as covering all the other coins produced in the UK. No need to get the 2009 edition, most of the interesting coinage was made during the empire. You can pick up a 2005-6 copy for £5-6.

A good basic knowledge of sovereign designs, dates, mint marks, mintage will give an advantage if your ever offered some cheap sovereigns, you should be able to spot fakes from the real thing.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coins-England-Unit...5756&sr=8-3

ah ha, it was enrieb that recommended the book. Many thanks. :)

I will definetly order that. I'm sure I can spin for a new copy, I have enough left....just ;).

I do have an eye glass, although it's just a cheap one.

I wish I would have known about all this years ago, I find it very enjoyable.

Ah! Don't forget the anorak that comes as an accessory to the book :lol:

PS: Welcome to the club :lol:

I have always had an amateur interest in silver/gold jewellery, diamonds & semi precious gem stones, which is unusual for a bloke I find.

It's not a talking point that has ever come up in conversation at work or in the pub/barbies etc.

Midas0924B.png

I have calculated performance since 1999 and it matches this graph almost exactly $1000 would have become $3703

I would like to calculate the return if I had stayed with the dow however I am finding it difficult to find historic dividend return figures infact all I have found after a good half hour of googling is a quote "Dividends on the Dow fell from 3.94% to 1.47% in the period 1990 to the peak at 1999" A 1.47% return does seem to be very poor it suggests that at that time for many if not most stock market pension funds charges would consume all the income generated by the share portfolio; I am not surprised it is a figure that is not well publisized.

Does anyone know where I can get historic yearly dividend return figures for the dow?, historic dividend return figures for ftse indexes as well would be brilliant.

I have done the calculation with assumed dividend return figures but it would be nice to have actual figures.

$1000 becomes

1.5% - $849

2% - $897

3% - $997

4% - $1106

5% - $1223

Is there anything which looks negative about this chart, why all the gold bears holding out for a deflationary discount.

It looks to me that we have just broken through the resistance and are now moving into the next stage. Resistance becomes the new floor, which is on an angle not flat. I doubt very much we will see $900 again.

Gentlemen start your engines, $1350 here we come.

Gold_USD.jpg

Is there anything which looks negative about this chart, why all the gold bears holding out for a deflationary discount.

It looks to me that we have just broken through the resistance and are now moving into the next stage. Resistance becomes the new floor, which is on an angle not flat. I doubt very much we will see $900 again.

Gentlemen start your engines, $1350 here we come.

Gold_USD.jpg

Agreed. Rejoined the club this morning after the pound's recent slide, to protect my wealth.

Iran thing can only be good for gold and silver.

Is it me, or has Palladium doubled in twelve months too...?

Nick

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00mw...es_9_Episode_9/

Wales's best consumer stories with Lucy and Rhodri Owen. As Rhodri gets out and about, Lucy shares top tips for money saving, while roving reporter Rachel Treadaway-Williams investigates viewers' consumer problems.

Shops and stalls offering to buy gold for cash are springing up on high streets and in shopping centres across Wales, but how do you know whether you're getting the right price for old jewellery, and what should be sold for scrap and what valued as an antique? Rhodri presents the definitive guide to selling gold, and highlights the huge variation in prices offered in different towns.

Nice to see the consumer programs telling everyone to sell their gold, lots of questions about are you getting the right price but nothing about whether you should actually sell your precious commodity :unsure:

It remminds of the same consumer programs encouraging people to buy stock before the dot com bubble burst or the wonders of BTL investment in 2006 / 2007.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00mw...es_9_Episode_9/

Wales's best consumer stories with Lucy and Rhodri Owen. As Rhodri gets out and about, Lucy shares top tips for money saving, while roving reporter Rachel Treadaway-Williams investigates viewers' consumer problems.

Shops and stalls offering to buy gold for cash are springing up on high streets and in shopping centres across Wales, but how do you know whether you're getting the right price for old jewellery, and what should be sold for scrap and what valued as an antique? Rhodri presents the definitive guide to selling gold, and highlights the huge variation in prices offered in different towns.

Nice to see the consumer programs telling everyone to sell their gold, lots of questions about are you getting the right price but nothing about whether you should actually sell your precious commodity :unsure:

It remminds of the same consumer programs encouraging people to buy stock before the dot com bubble burst or the wonders of BTL investment in 2006 / 2007.

But these programs are telling people to sell something, not buy something.

I have always had an amateur interest in silver/gold jewellery, diamonds & semi precious gem stones, which is unusual for a bloke I find.

It's not a talking point that has ever come up in conversation at work or in the pub/barbies etc.

I know what you mean GOM. When I talk about jewellery, PM's, etc I get the same befuddled look of “Err, what he saying, he didn’t mention ‘goal’ or ‘0-60’ or the weather”.

If you go to other countries the conversation is different, they are far more interested for their beauty or as store of wealth. Immigrants are also more interested in the subjects, I think that it is because they have had the levels of instability that the UK has not seen for a 1,000 years or so.

Does anyone know where I can get historic yearly dividend return figures for the dow?, historic dividend return figures for ftse indexes as well would be brilliant.

What springs to mind is the Shiller income chart.

Irrational Exuberance - loads of data from Robert Shiller book

http://www.irrationalexuberance.com/

Including PE of S&P500, which is also available here: http://www.multpl.com/

Is that what you mean?