• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Agreed. Rejoined the club this morning after the pound's recent slide, to protect my wealth.

Glad to here it, thats what PM's are all about, protecting your wealth during this fiat currency crisis. I like to think of it as insurance rather than an investment speculation.

What springs to mind is the Shiller income chart.

Irrational Exuberance - loads of data from Robert Shiller book

http://www.irrationalexuberance.com/

Including PE of S&P500, which is also available here: http://www.multpl.com/

Is that what you mean?

Thanks, this stuff is not easy to find.

I am a newbie to this but my interpretation of these data:-

1. earnings have collapsed by about 90% but dividends have not been reduced by anything like that amount.

2. The quoted P/E average does not show this collapse because it is averaged over 10 years

3. Dividend yield has more than doubled since 2000 but is still lower than at the 1929 minimum

Irrational Exuberance seems and understatement.

Gold commercial shorts - according to Bob Chapman, on GoldSeekRadio.com

284,000 contract net short - "the greatest of all time"

50.9% held by four big banks "who are acting for the government"

+ JP Morgan Chase

+ Goldman Sachs

+ Citigroup

+ Deutsche Bank

Chapman thinks " the gold short signal will fail this time", and Gold will

go roaring upwards. He said. he expect a drop in the Giold price last week,

since the big banks would force it later, so the gold calls they had sold

would expire worthless, and he expects it to rise next week.

(I disagree, and think the signal is working well once again)

Here's GLD/Gold versus the "Swing Indicator

goldwg.jpg

How much more capital can the Hedgies throw at the Gold market?

They have lifted it a long way, but some point soon, they are going to want

to lock in their profits.

goldwm.jpg

There's no reason for them to stay so massively long, if Gold is really making

a triple top.

There's no reason for them to stay so massively long, if Gold is really making a triple top.

This week is shaping up to be a crucial one.

Another ignored fact was the options expiry this past week for gold. The most blatant and disturbing occurrence that would outrage the public if they knew about it was how gold was moved below the $1,000 level just before the options expired, pocketing that much more cash for their efforts to push gold down lower. I don’t think this correction will last since their tricks are well known among traders. Now that the options expiry has closed it free’s the road for gold to move into all-time high territory in the very near future even though gold does look slightly weak right now. Dip buying has been taking place and should continue and it will move gold higher likely early Monday morning.

From - Robbed Blind By Warren Bevan

A $980/t oz re-test can't be right... :rolleyes:

It is OFFICIAL now:

GOLD ENTERS LONG TERM BEAR MARKET

TARGETS: 500 (minimum) , 450 (likely) , 350 (extreme)

Duration: 1.5-2 years

GOLD:

Gold has entered long wave of bear market. I will explain the fundamentals (quick & easy):

- We are in deflation. During deflation, dollar rises, other currencies fall.

- Gold is not money, it is an asset. Assets during deflation lose value.

- Gold is priced in dollars, if dollar rises gold lowers. (simple math)

Gold, It's All Falling Into Place - Marketclub

Retest of the breakout and then we are off.

A $980/t oz re-test can't be right... :rolleyes:

I think ker is GEI's own contra indicator, bit like silver sammy on goldismoney, someone should start charting his calls.

I think ker is GEI's own contra indicator, bit like silver sammy on goldismoney, someone should start charting his calls.

Like this one?

http://gold.approximity.com/gold-silver_watch.html

Silver_USD_LOG_GUESS.png

EDITed to add: Ker says that gold is not money. :lol: 6,000 years (or rather more) of history against him.

I think ker might be taking his cue from EW here. Prechter has long doubted this gold bull and has called a low in 2012 for silver and gold, which would be his buying opportunity (he is not anti gold at all) but he is a fundamentalist EW chart adherant, 'it's what the charts call for'. Starts to remind me of the bible calling for the 'second coming'. We are all entitled to believe in what we will. Being wrong for the last 8 years on gold doesnt help convince me of Prechters 2012 call. But he could be correct.

Despite not wanting this fall to happen it would be what the bankers want, to shake out the gold bugs, then buy it all themselves. I remain cautious on buying gold at the moment but wont be selling at any price before 2016 anyway.

I also think that Prechter might have this call wrong this time as money may very well rush into gold next time we see another deleveraging. We also have to contend with a potential global currency crises which the EW charts may not have articulated for. Then there's the shorts and then there's China and the unwanted mountain of US dollar securities the world no longer wants to hold.

I personally dont believe in this stock market rally and would like the bear to awake from his nap as soon as that Dow 10/11 is met. I'm impatient to see what effect this will have on gold/silver this time, but have decided to be resolute and overcome impatience building a nice silver bullion/numismatic collection and the odd sovereign here and there or 1/4 ounce bullion. Silver still seems stupidly cheap to me for what it is and what it could be.

Good luck, everyone!

ps Credit to anyone who got back into stocks in March, and Prechter had that call spot on BTW...he also had the previous top called right on cue. So far it is only precious metals he has had badly wrong since 2001. Food for thought. Or indigestion rather.

I think ker might be taking his cue from EW here. Prechter has long doubted this gold bull and has called a low in 2012 for silver and gold, which would be his buying opportunity (he is not anti gold at all) but he is a fundamentalist EW chart adherant, 'it's what the charts call for'. Starts to remind me of the bible calling for the 'second coming'. We are all entitled to believe in what we will. Being wrong for the last 8 years on gold doesnt help convince me of Prechters 2012 call. But he could be correct.

Despite not wanting this fall to happen it would be what the bankers want, to shake out the gold bugs, then buy it all themselves. I remain cautious on buying gold at the moment but wont be selling at any price before 2016 anyway.

I also think that Prechter might have this call wrong this time as money may very well rush into gold next time we see another deleveraging. We also have to contend with a potential global currency crises which the EW charts may not have articulated for. Then there's the shorts and then there's China and the unwanted mountain of US dollar securities the world no longer wants to hold.

I personally dont believe in this stock market rally and would like the bear to awake from his nap as soon as that Dow 10/11 is met. I'm impatient to see what effect this will have on gold/silver this time, but have decided to be resolute and overcome impatience building a nice silver bullion/numismatic collection and the odd sovereign here and there or 1/4 ounce bullion. Silver still seems stupidly cheap to me for what it is and what it could be.

Good luck, everyone!

ps Credit to anyone who got back into stocks in March, and Prechter had that call spot on BTW...he also had the previous top called right on cue. So far it is only precious metals he has had badly wrong since 2001. Food for thought. Or indigestion rather.

Great post. I cannot pretent to understand the PPT/bullion leasing/Comex shenanegins but my instincts tell me that if significant delivery of physical is taking place by China/Saudi/Russia then we are entering new territory. It may have been easy in the past to shake out the bugs but now they are riding the dragon's tail. If the appetite is big enough and the pockets deep enough to buy sub 1000 USD then it might become interesting very quickly.

Interesting interview with Jim Rickards, touches on lots of issues.

CNBC

Didn't think CNBC would have given him air time again after August......

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1216952516&play=1

SDR definition:

http://www.imf.org/external/np/exr/facts/sdr.htm

'The SDR is an international reserve asset, created by the IMF in 1969 to supplement its member countries’ official reserves. Its value is based on a basket of four key international currencies, and SDRs can be exchanged for freely usable currencies. With a general SDR allocation taking effect on August 28 and a special allocation on September 9, 2009, the amount of SDRs will increase from SDR 21.4 billion to SDR 204.1 billion (currently equivalent to about $317 billion).'

MunsterK

Worth a watch.

GOLD: WHAT'S NEXT? - http://www.zerohedge.com/article/gold-whats-next-0

Worth a read.

Very interesting ; I really don't see gold going below $900 anymore (I was dreaming there for a while..... :rolleyes: ), so I'll keep an eye on this level [$950-966].

Just got this through my letterbox...... this is a first for me, and really confirms Golds future is mainstream... One decent correction in the gold price may be enough to shake this off.

Gold001.jpg

MunsterK