INTERVIEWS by Dominic Frisby

Positive Money's Ben Dyson on Monetary Reform

Episode 83: GoldMoney’s Dominic Frisby interviews

MP3 :

Ben Dyson

bendyson.jpg

who is the founder and director of the Positive Money campaign...

Positive Money believes that the root cause of many of our current social, economic and environmental problems lies in the way that we allow money to be created. "We work to make the confusing world of money and banking much easier to understand," it says. "When money drives most of the activity on the planet, it's essential that we understand it."

== ==

/ I will comment after I listen /

== MORE interviews ==

The Sword Of Marathon

December 19th, 2012 — commoditywatch

7838e60af7330a22d17bc0.L._V388162383_.jpg

Jack England, aka Andy Duncan, talks about his libertarian, action adventure, swashbuckler, neck-gripper, killer,

thriller debut novel, The Sword Of Marathon.

• 2 weeks later...

Tom Winnifrith: WE’VE ACHIEVED IN 41 YEARS WHAT TOOK THE ROMANS 200

January 7th, 2013 — commoditywatch

Tom-Winnifrith-cropped-628x390.pngTom Winnifrith shows great insight into what really goes on at junior mining companies as he talks gold, equities and West Ham.

Tom Winnifrith is a man of many talents. Foremost a writer, his blog is tomwinnifrith.com and he owns the “Real Man Pizza Company”.

His book, Letters From The Chestnut Café, is available here.

Listen Now:

MP3 : http://commoditywatch.podbean.com/mf/web/4kzc7/2012-12-18-GMY-DF-E-83.mp3

audio_mp3_button.png Standard Podcasts: Hide Player | Play in Popup | Download

• 5 weeks later...

Andrew Craig: Own The World

January 22nd, 2013 — commoditywatch

44026391.png

Dominic Frisby talks to Andrew Craig ofPlain English Finance about his new book,Own The World.

Andrew graduated in Economics and International Politics in 1997. His first job took him to Washington DC where he worked for a US Congressman on Capitol Hill. Andrew’s time in DC was hugely helpful in his gaining an understanding of how important politics and politicians are when thinking about finance and investment.

Since then Andrew has spent over a decade working in financial markets for various finance firms in London and latterly New York. These included UBS, Credit Agricole (France’s biggest bank) and two smaller boutique firms.

MP3 : http://commoditywatch.podbean.com/mf/web/c99rek/2013-01-17-GMY-DF-E-90.mp3

(Apologies for the nasal quality of my voice - and it was very late - but I think it makes sense.)

THIS Chart goes with the interview

Sidewinding Gold - is still winding sideways (after all these months) ... update

gld.gif

The past 12 months ... update

gld12mo.gif

Bernanke's Racetrack: Gold (GLD) vs Stocks (SPY) ... update :RACE2 : GLD-hourly : SPY-hourly : GLD/SPY-Ratio

benrace.gif

The Fed's money-printing has maintained confidence in markets - but the money has gone not only into stocks, but also into other areas. Obviously, money has also flowed into commodities like Gold, pushing prices higher even faster than stocks, as the chart above shows.

There's a risk, of course, that the uptrend may been broken... Then Look out Below !

Currency Wars

Gold-in-Yen has climbed to new Highs, as the yen fell towards 100

goldinyen.png

Which currency will get hit next?

Ian Gordon says Dow to 1,000

http://media48.podbean.com/pb/ed7d5505c87b60e48fb4f4f84fa53ae6/5117a189/data2/blogs1/2516/uploads/2013-02-06-GMY-DF-E-97.mp3

Download here

ian-gordon-long-wave-cycle-gold-and-why-the-djia-is-going-to-1000.jpg

Ian Gordon, President of Longwave Analytics is sticking by his call that the Dow is headed to 1,000.

We are still in a “Kondratieff winter”, he says, but central bank money printing is delaying the clearance of the enormous debt accumulated over the three former Kondratieff seasons. Natural market forces, however, will overpower central bank interference, there is significant downside risk for stocks, and we will return to“natural” (i.e., gold and silver) money.

This podcast was recorded on 6 February 2013. It can also be heard at Goldmoney -GoldMoney - the best way to buy gold and silver.

Long Wave Group website

Thanks for the interview with Ian Gordon. Would be nice to catch up with Prechter's thoughts and also Nick Laird of Sharelynx again, too.

Dominic, could you post a chart of the Hui from 1999 together with the Homestake. It was interesting you said that 'we have already had the move up in goldstocks' and to hear IG's response; unrepentant bearish thoughts that this is the death of paper we are seeing.

I would have liked to hear a response to the idea that we are now in the beginning stages of K Spring or at least the end of K winter- and a response on how that is or is not possible. I guess Gordon would advise not to be disorientated by signs of a false spring brought about by copious money printing GLOBALLY. Yet this winter is 13 years old not 3 years (like 1929-33) and stocks are moving to the old highs in some markets. To hear Nick Laird on this might be very interesting. He suggested last interview that you dont want the gold shares till the bottom, what you need now is the physical alone.

It might be good to see Gordons circular chart of the 4 seasons too.

Good interview as always though.

Andrew Craig: Own The World

January 22nd, 2013 — commoditywatch

44026391.png

Dominic Frisby talks to Andrew Craig ofPlain English Finance about his new book,Own The World.

Andrew graduated in Economics and International Politics in 1997. His first job took him to Washington DC where he worked for a US Congressman on Capitol Hill. Andrew’s time in DC was hugely helpful in his gaining an understanding of how important politics and politicians are when thinking about finance and investment.

Since then Andrew has spent over a decade working in financial markets for various finance firms in London and latterly New York. These included UBS, Credit Agricole (France’s biggest bank) and two smaller boutique firms.

MP3 :

Quite liked that interview

Yes, but the money printing... In 1933 they only devalued by 40%. That's nothing compared to what we're witnessing. And then you have the global dimension of it, too.

Ah, the luxury of being able to devalue by fiat. But then, to the chagrin of the rest of the world, they had an arbitary 'gold standard' for that.

Another one for you:

http://media48.podbean.com/pb/fbda466faa11abb30dadb8458aece4cb/511a89f4/data1/blogs1/2516/uploads/2013-02-11-GMY-DF-E-99.mp3

Download

Gold Stocks Bottoming?

February 12th, 2013 — commoditywatch

Jordan-Roy-Byrne.jpg

Jordan Roy-Byrne, publisher and editor of TheDailyGoldPremium, thinks gold stocks may be bottoming soon.

Jordan - aka Trendsman - is a Chartered Market Technician. From 2010-2012 The Daily Gold Premium Model Portfolio was up 131% compared to GDX (+5%) and GDXJ (-11%). In 2012, the Model Portfolio was up 32%, making it arguably one of the top-performing gold/silver stock newsletters.

• 2 weeks later...

Tom-Winnifrith-cropped-628x390.pngTom Winnifrith shows great insight into what really goes on at junior mining companies as he talks gold, equities and West Ham.

Tom Winnifrith is a man of many talents.

Hmm someone at SER doesn't seem to agree

Legal Action

25 Feb 2013

Sefton Resources (AIM: SER), the independent oil and gas exploitation and production company with interests in California and Kansas announces that legal action has been initiated against Tom Winnifrith and Daniel Levi.

Highlights

• Legal proceedings have been issued against Tom Winnifrith and Daniel Levi (Broker Man Daniel) for libel in the Queen’s Bench Division of the High Court of Justice.
  • Complaints have been made against Tom Winnifrith and Daniel Levi to the Financial Services Authority (FSA) regarding apparent breaches of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000
  • US counsel has been engaged to review comparable actions with US courts and regulatory authorities.

Jim Ellerton, Chairman of the Board said:

"Sefton is accelerating the development of its oil and gas operations both in California and Kansas to create shareholder value. Sefton is not against free speech and people expressing their opinions in the press or on the internet; however, when boundaries of common decency are breached the Company will vigorously pursue anyone and the vehicles they utilize, that seek to illegally damage Sefton.”

• 2 weeks later...

Dom,

Thanks for the charts above. Now it is time to get Nick Laird out of his cave again to see what he is seeing out of his window of the train from journey point A to B. Dow / Gold and US real estate/ Gold and Tobins cube views would be "timely". Guess he was right about the mining stocks. Has he rolled forward the end of the Longwave to '13-14-15-16 or did it just sneak by us all aswewere blinking?

Haha

I saw this pop up on ImageShack, labelled under "Bears" whilst I was about to post something

dfrisbypn8.jpg

I have been listening over to all the podcasts (whilst driving around in my car, boo... hiss), or many of the ones I have downloaded, and very good they are too. I like Dom's questioning/thinking on his feet approach and constant searching out where the hell we are heading and how the best way to head there.

I have a question for Dom. In the interview with Ned Naylor Leyland right at the end, you say''did you know that in 1980, when silver went to 50 USD per oz, you could buy the average UK house for less than 10,000oz of silver...I think it was even closer to 5000oz at one stage''.

Is that right? I thought it was nearer 1000 oz or under 2000oz . Can you please give us the data? Did you mean av London property? Or am I missing something with pounds and dollars and exchange rates?

I have been listening over to all the podcasts (whilst driving around in my car, boo... hiss), or many of the ones I have downloaded, and very good they are too. I like Dom's questioning/thinking on his feet approach and constant searching out where the hell we are heading and how the best way to head there.

I have a question for Dom. In the interview with Ned Naylor Leyland right at the end, you say''did you know that in 1980, when silver went to 50 USD per oz, you could buy the average UK house for less than 10,000oz of silver...I think it was even closer to 5000oz at one stage''.

Is that right? I thought it was nearer 1000 oz or under 2000oz . Can you please give us the data? Did you mean av London property? Or am I missing something with pounds and dollars and exchange rates?

GBP 200,000 / GBP35 = 5,700 oz approx.

UK house prices will plummet: look at this scary chart

By Dominic Frisby Mar 11, 2009

When silver spiked to $50 in 1980, you could buy the average UK house for one thousand ounces of silver. A thousand ounces of silver now costs about £10,000, while the average UK house is now about £150,000.

Looking at the above charts, a reversion to the long-term average of 5,000 ounces for the average home looks likely. But if precious metals mania sweeps the globe as the financial crisis continues, who knows? Once again we may see 1,000 ounces for the average UK home.

http://www.moneyweek...ary-chart-14664

Archived