• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

915 it is, even more bullish than 910 , complete calm, buy time

...hate to be a killjoy, but I'm starting to change my short-term view:

If oil keeps pulling back, we could get a sympathy fall in gold (I think that's whats started in the last 18 hrs), back down to 890.

But I still only give this scenario a 25% chance of occuring, rising to a much greater chance if we fall below 910 today.

...hate to be a killjoy, but I'm starting to change my short-term view:

If oil keeps pulling back, we could get a sympathy fall in gold (I think that's whats started in the last 18 hrs), back down to 890.

But I still only give this scenario a 25% chance of occuring, rising to a much greater chance if we fall below 910 today.

no no, oil is not falling, there is no volume in oil sales. oil is likely to osciliate a lot before going down, at least it has to try 145 once more, and by that time, we are going to be in gold close to 950 again. I am in silver and gold again.

I went to post on DrBubb's nonsense thread, but it wouldn't let me. So I'll post some nonsense here instead.

Bubb a dub dub

Three shorts in a tub,

The banker, the doctor, the day market trader,

If their day-trades were faster

The banker would not miss his wunch.

© WrenIdiocyTM:)

Gold at 928.20 now, above where is started.

Did these new margin requirements cause the strange ups and downs today?

This volatility must be playing havoc with the day traders and their stop limits, especially the M and W patterns!

I agree to a point... but... anyone using trailing stops will do quite well out of these rebounds. Price rises, stop moves up... price reverses, trips out...

Buy back in after the drop, ride the wave again...... rinse and repeat.

Some people will have been lucky and tripped out around $18 in Silver today... then been able to get back in at $17.60 (I'm not one of those people, BTW!)

For myself, I'm just wondering at what price I ought to be tempted to top up my core position! :rolleyes:

From my thread on analysing gold & silver in US$, GBP & JPY, with different MAs, IMO you can be pretty confident about when to buy when it is at a bottom.

I think that bottom was pretty obvious. It's less easy to say where subsequent higher bottoms will be.

Here's the thread with all my charts:

Gold & Silver in US$, EUR & JPY with MAs

The results may surpise you

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=3293

I think this is where we are now:

GoldUS_080708.gif

And putting that into context, the JPY low, with the 55week red MA being the best fit.

So if you want to wait and hope for the best price, IMO wait until this chart shows the gold price getting close to the blue line, or if you are VERY lucky, the red line. :D

GoldJPY_080708.gif

From: http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$GOL...id=p06579893092

And what that says about where the the US$ low would be (ie the start of May):

GoldUS_080708_low.gif

So my vote is you'll be lucky to get $910. I also agree with the view that trying to pick the exact best price will seem rather irrelevant when gold is above $1200 :D But I understand the desire :D

GoldUS_080708.gif

I've seen this 'bath' shaped chart a lot recently, including from JS. Do we really think the price is following this line going forwards. If we do the price is going exponential RIGHT NOW !?

GoldUS_080708.gif

Nice curve(s) Steve. :)

Any chance you could share one with a log scale? I'd be *very* interested to see how that looks right now.

Personally I'm still cautious/nervous but if we manage to stay above $915 all this week then I might join the "we're going exponential" camp.

Silver's strange M/W formation yesterday has me scratching my head, I must say.

Here is the updated chart from my comparison of the gold price peaks in 2006 and 2008 (and their subsequent corrections).

To recap, I have normalised both peak values (dated 12 May 2006 and 17 Mar 2008) as 100% price at the time point of day 50.

The 2008 peak/correction is clearly less volatile, but its price at days 100-120 remains very similar to 2006. We want to see gold getting into the $950 price range soon to avoid this being a case of history repeating itself.

2006_2008_comparison.PNG

Nice chart diet cola... I was thinking this pattern would repeat a month ago, but now think things are developing too fast in the stock markets/dollar... or should I say unravelling. I reckon gold will stay solid here and move up steadily before taking off with the coming "earthquake".

"The same sort of thing happens in markets. It is the source of the saying that “markets spend 90% of the time making up their minds and 10% of the time doing what they have to do”. Countervailing pressures build up causing minor tremors. Then pressures continue to build until there is a major change in the market place, the equivalent of an earthquake.

The US dollar index was 120 seven years ago. It is now 72, a decline of 40%. This magnitude of decline over a seven year period gives the impression of several minor declines (tremors) stitched together. The world situation is now fast developing to the point where the downward pressures on the US dollar will become overwhelming and there will be a sudden, earthquake-like, decline to a level where there is the prospect of the US trade deficit being eliminated.

Once the US Dollar index drops to a new low below 70, events will probably happen quickly. That will be the signal that the dollar’s doomsday will not be far away."

http://news.goldseek.com/AlfField/1215529200.php

Here is the updated chart from my comparison of the gold price peaks in 2006 and 2008 (and their subsequent corrections).

To recap, I have normalised both peak values (dated 12 May 2006 and 17 Mar 2008) as 100% price at the time point of day 50.

The 2008 peak/correction is clearly less volatile, but its price at days 100-120 remains very similar to 2006. We want to see gold getting into the $950 price range soon to avoid this being a case of history repeating itself.

Nice chart :D

I can't believe 2008 will be a repeat of 2006 !

Just compare the real rates in 2006 with now !!!!!

Zeal_RealRatesandUSIndex2.gif

Am I sounding bullish enough ? :lol:

Segment 4 - Al discusses the possible serious banking crisis with 321 Gold's Bob Moriarty.

Saturday, 07.05.08

http://www.kereport.com/audio/0705-04.mp3

"We've seen the bottom in gold & silver"

The banking crisis:

"Fortress bank expects a complete collapse of the US financial markets shortly" :blink:

"Shortly = within a few days/weeks"

"That's exactly what I've been predicting. We're not entering a banking crisis. We are IN a banking crisis".

"The result of the banking crisis will be a total freeze-up of the system"

"I've been predicting it for a year, and I used to be a way from the mainstream, but the mainstream is moving towards me"

"4x major banks came out last week saying a collapse is imminent"

"He is dead wrong, this bears no comparison to the depression, this is going to be 10x worse"

"And it's going to be global"

"It's only just started. We haven't cured anything"

"This is not a time to be speculating, this is not a time.........this is a time to hunker down, because we're going to have a force 10 hurricane"

bad weather, oil broke 139 support, looks like we are going close to 900 line, 905, 902 should be the bottom now, expert commodity traders are in "watch and wait" mode, so will be I.

p.s.

btw, a real huricane, Bertha is comming, hope it will not touch golf of Mexico because this is going to be a lot of troubles.