Go'on Steve... it's Friday night... you *know* you want to stay up late and watch the action!! Just like the British Grand Prix or FA Cup (or whatever sport floats your boat). :D

OK I made it to 3:05am :blink:

They better not knock it down now.

Peaked so far at 967 :D

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Bash, bash, bash go the PPT.

$957.20 and falling...

Bish bash tosh!! They're loosing the war!...

Taking out 950 so soon and so effortlessly after running up from sub-880 at the start if July is amazing. Sure, we may now fight with 1000 over the summer, or even range between 930-1000, but a September blast into the stratosphere is looking extremely likely now - regardless of how much the PPT bishes and bashes in the meantime :)

Taking out 950 so soon and so effortlessly after running up from sub-880 at the start if July is amazing. Sure, we may now fight with 1000 over the summer, or even range between 930-1000, but a September blast into the stratosphere is looking extremely likely now - regardless of how much the PPT bishes and bashes in the meantime :)

I'm amazed how quickly Gold passed 950 after breaking above 912. Awesome!

If it does not go over $1,000 before September, I'll be stocking up more, especially some silver while the ratio is above 50:1, or close.

If it does not go over $1,000 before September, I'll be stocking up more, especially some silver while the ratio is above 50:1, or close.

GF, can't remember whether you are a fan of Silver Wheaton as a physical substitute? I seemed to settle on SW as a low cost way to gain ownership of ounces (via equity) a little while ago (given the large premiums on Goldmoney), but with the eq market turmoil as it is thought I'd give it the once over on here again..

Three consecutive days of significant up movement in London afternoon and New York morning trading are clear on the kitco.com chart with no serious smackdowns:

http://www.kitco.com/charts/livegold.html

Bandits at one o'clock?

Can they manage a Friday smackdown?

956.70. No sign yet.

Are you a bit of a rocker? Aces high....??

Its just that if you are I'd have thought you would be called "Raven of hades" or "eagle of death" or something.

Instead you are "Wren" :P

The great thing about gold is that its an antidote for all the bad in the world. When every thing goes tits up and could get you down, gold is good news in such dire times. When I see the price of food and fuel I think, yer bring it on!

Nice beer pic BTW Gatesy, cheers ;)

EDIT Dow at 10997 hahahha

will the Dow fall below 11000 today?

11022 now

I predict DOW at 10500 in a week or so. Could even believe 10000, as I'm expecting a major collapse sometime soon.

Cash all lined up and awaiting that event :)

[actually, I've been predicting and waiting for it since last July when I cashed out of the SM, and now quite excited that its getting so close. After it happens, I think the recovery will be brief and profitable, after which I'll be back into cash again as gawd only knows what will happen after that!!!]

Hi GF: I'm 95% gold and 5% silver, and kick myself for not buying S more when at 16.50 recently. But I'm actually still not as sure as you that the GS ratio will change all that much. For your sake (you've got lots of silver, right?), I hope I'm wrong

Hi GF: I'm 95% gold and 5% silver, and kick myself for not buying S more when at 16.50 recently. But I'm actually still not as sure as you that the GS ratio will change all that much. For your sake (you've got lots of silver, right?), I hope I'm wrong

I don't think GS is worried about that and neither should he be either.

They key to silver IMO is the exit, the exit must happen prior to the quick and violent descent but not too early otherwise one will miss the quick and violent ascent.

Gold stocks (GDX) are finding a bid, as Gold (GLD) drifts off its highs

GDX Last [Tick] 49.0700[ + ]

Change 2.4000

% Change 5.14%

Day High 49.0899

Day Low 47.96

GLD Last [Tick] 94.9100[ + ]

Change 1.3800

% Change 1.48%

Day High 95.50

Day Low 94.2552

Are you a bit of a rocker? Aces high....??

Its just that if you are I'd have thought you would be called "Raven of hades" or "eagle of death" or something.

I saw Iron Maiden Live last week and they opened with Aces High! I also have a less than apocalyptic name though. :rolleyes:

I think this is getting to me :unsure:

I partly remember a dream last night.

I woke up, and gold was at......................................$8000

My concern ? Well what do I do now ? Do I really want to sell it to buy fiat ?

I won't tell you what silver was, but it was VERY high !

Oh OK, it was $1000 :blink:

It's rather odd "living through that". A mixture of "wow, wow, wow" and "but now what?".

So, what would you do if you woke up and found gold was at $8000 ?

Oh, and "like a knife through butter" :D :D

Meanwhile in other news......Shark found in Sydney swimming pool

OT but the amazing part of that story was that regular swimmers at the pool at 6am (whilst it's still dark...) turned up as normal and swam without knowing.... :o:o:o I was wondering just how hungry that shark may have been having not had his breakfast !

I think this is getting to me :unsure:

I partly remember a dream last night.

I woke up, and gold was at......................................$8000

My concern ? Well what do I do now ? Do I really want to sell it to buy fiat ?

I won't tell you what silver was, but it was VERY high !

Oh OK, it was $1000 :blink:

It's rather odd "living through that". A mixture of "wow, wow, wow" and "but now what?".

So, what would you do if you woke up and found gold was at $8000 ?

Oh, and "like a knife through butter" :D :D

I intend to ride the price of gold as it goes up and assets deflate. At some point, I hope to jump [like Mario the plumber] and swap gold for stuff I really want, like land, a house and a boat [perhaps the DOW when it can be bought for 1/2 an ounce :P ]. I hope I will never need to swap any for fiat.

Gold really looks to be riding up on wave 3 now. :lol: Doubt the sharks can do much.

The commentators on CNBC seem to be getting more jittery, almost panicky, with each passing week. The latest news on the giant US mortgage providers Fannie and Freddie are playing havoc with the markets. The video mentions they are practically insolvent with less than 2 cents in the dollar to cover their commitments, with the further point that if the Fed rids to the rescue, it could destroy any credibility they may have left.

I can see a lot of investors piling into gold soon.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=791559797&play=1

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=791551896&play=1

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=791558399&play=1

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=791513375&play=1

The last one; Freddie and Fannie are 80% of the market. :o

After a bank run, where customers withdrew 1.3 billion dollars in the past 11 days, Californian mortgage bank Indymac has collapsed. The second largest institution to fail in US history.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7503109.stm

"Today our primary focus is supporting Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in their current form as they carry out their important mission

Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson

Q&A: Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae

It is the fifth US financial institution this year to succumb amid a credit crunch, falling house prices and rising foreclosures.

The move came after rollercoaster trading on Friday for Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae - which are behind half of all US mortgages.

They play an important role in the financial markets in providing funding for home loans by buying up mortgages and packaging them as investments.

As mortgage backers, the companies have had to pay out when homeowners have defaulted on their loans.

Both firms defended their finances, saying they had enough capital to weather the housing slump. "

Of deflationary significance, Indymac was unable to borrow further funds itself.

I intend to ride the price of gold as it goes up and assets deflate. At some point, I hope to jump [like Mario the plumber] and swap gold for stuff I really want, like land, a house and a boat [perhaps the DOW when it can be bought for 1/2 an ounce :P ]. I hope I will never need to swap any for fiat.

Gold really looks to be riding up on wave 3 now. :lol: Doubt the sharks can do much.

Yes, I don't claim my dream involved any reliable or sensible financial calculations :lol:

Quite an odd experience though. Just to feel how you'd feel in such a situation.

And yes, thinking about it while awake :lol: things like land, a house (or 20x :lol: ) etc would seem to make sense.

Anyway, first things first, lets break above $1000 first :D

GF, can't remember whether you are a fan of Silver Wheaton as a physical substitute? I seemed to settle on SW as a low cost way to gain ownership of ounces (via equity) a little while ago (given the large premiums on Goldmoney), but with the eq market turmoil as it is thought I'd give it the once over on here again..

I don't own share for two reasons: (1) lazyness (no account yet), (2) lack of money. But I think shares should not be a substitute of a physical core holding.

I think the worst case in silver will be that it performs as well as gold. :)

OT but the amazing part of that story was that regular swimmers at the pool at 6am (whilst it's still dark...) turned up as normal and swam without knowing.... :o:o:o I was wondering just how hungry that shark may have been having not had his breakfast !

Sharks are greatly mis-understood creatures. Like bears, they only require food intake once or twice a week.

Bump into one after it has just eaten, and it will pay you no attention. However, encounter one after a fortnight of famine, and it will show you aggression in nature's purest form.

As many property and market investors are about to see, the 2008 bear is very, very hungry.