Technical analysis in gold is the best way to the poorhouse.

I can't help but think that the folks at MarketClub know that gold is going higher, and see it as a great opportunity to push their product. "Oooh, look how clever it is. It detected that upside-down head-and-shoulders and could've made you a fortune!" ... rather than "The market is running scared and heading quickly into gold - you don't need a £500/yr subscription to a TA trading platform to tell you this".

Still, nice to see someone predicting a move to $1020 and beyond, whatever their motives.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Technical analysis in gold is the best way to the poorhouse.

I'd agree over the short-term (hours/days), but there are clear trends that emerge over months/years.

That's why I invest in gold, and trade in other assets - using gold TA only to guide me towards the better buying opportunities

I'd agree over the short-term (hours/days), but there are clear trends that emerge over months/years.

That's why I invest in gold, and trade in other assets - using gold TA only to guide me towards the better buying opportunities

The only TA you need to use here is buying the pullbacks. Gold is trending and has a very high probability of erasing your mistakes. Just don't buy strength and wait for a pullback to support.

I agree that these are unusual times, but most of the market still either hasn't spotted or accepted the danger, so gold and silver are still open to counter-intuative moves. These moves will provide some 'golden' entry opportunities. ;)

They are having a go now.

They're either playing with us... or have run out of ammo.

I suspect it's the former and wouldn't bet against a massive whack at some point this week (massive being below $950 but still above $920).

Are the days of sub-$900 gold behind us? I think so.

I suspect it's the former and wouldn't bet against a massive whack at some point this week (massive being below $950 but still above $920).

Are the days of sub-$900 gold behind us? I think so.

This ain't no game.

Gqnao, i agree with your thoughts ref the $, however as for the £ they don't seem to be pouring money into the market, might the UK not have the hyperinflation?

Mike

They don't need to pour any more. The money is already out there. Unless interest rates climb well above the M4 money supply growth rate, there is no way to stop prices.

I think the PPT has their mind elsewhere just now (Freddie and Fanny), and since their ammo is definitely running low (one analyst said "they have just one bailout left in them") they're only able to worry about F+F. As many of us have said for some time, the PPT will soon be swamped and unable to hold gold down, at which point the upside move will be truly amazing. I think we may be just at the start of that event.

Nope, but wow, what a mess!

I like the fact that the photographer hasn't told them off - they're still smiling. Great parent!!!!

I wonder if the CBs are equally happy at the mess their little (w)bankers have caused? ...after all, it was they who left all the money (paint) laying around for their toddlers to splash it around everywhere!!

I like the fact that the photographer hasn't told them off - they're still smiling. Great parent!!!!

I wonder if the CBs are equally happy at the mess their little (w)bankers have caused? ...after all, it was they who left all the money (paint) laying around for their toddlers to splash it around everywhere!!

ach!! Nothing a good bath of thinners wont fix

They don't need to pour any more. The money is already out there. ...

Yes. And that's what some people don't get.

I think the PPT has their mind elsewhere just now (Freddie and Fanny), and since their ammo is definitely running low (one analyst said "they have just one bailout left in them") they're only able to worry about F+F. As many of us have said for some time, the PPT will soon be swamped and unable to hold gold down, at which point the upside move will be truly amazing. I think we may be just at the start of that event.

Yes. And also, you better have people betting on gold than e.g. on oil or food. No one needs to eat gold or put it in their gas tanks. So, yes, they will let gold run into the stratosphere. :lol:

just booked - 150% profit on the latest Gold call trade - see thread