• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

All,

Hope you don't mind me posting on the gold thread but there has been a bit of discussion on gold miners on here. I attended a Medusa Mining presentation in London yesterday, which was pretty interesting. I've posted comments on the Medusa thread - link below:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=7013&st=0&gopid=232015entry232015

Jim

Monthly chart on gold could indicate $1220 buy area before fresh upmove?

I personally wouldn't sell any physical held to trade down to this price as world markets are to volatile not to be holding gold.

However should you have any powder left to buy and price hits 1220 buy around April next year then I would get in?

Regards

ML.

Maybe Paulson read the above! :P:D:lol: :lol: :lol:

Or maybe not B)

Perhaps this is for the Fringe section, but it's crossed my mind that the Fed/Treasury may have said to Paulsen "you can keep your ill-gotten gains from the mortgage crisis if you help us out with a little problem, otherwise it's Guantanamo for you my friend".

His performance this year has been beyond shocking for an elite hedge fund manager and the timing of these sales is Gordon Brown-esque, just as Europe is falling to pieces.

I dont think so.

Even if they said something like that, do you think JP would listen?

I dont think so.

Even if they said something like that, do you think JP would listen?

I would've thought the US agences could be very persuasive!

He has leant a lot of underserved credibility to GLD over the years and his gold funds have underperformed. You would've thought his sheer prominence after the 2008 crisis would've made him conservative. Instead he seems to have a abandoned strict risk controls and turned into one of the worst performing funds in the world.

On the other hand, maybe he's become delusionally rich, or he's human and just kept screwing up. Anyway, this is just a 'fringe' speculation on my part.

I have a feeling like next week we'll go through $1,800 and never ever look back again. :)

There are still some Bears around

Gold Price to Fall $150-$200 by Year-End, Hall Says

Nov. 14 (Bloomberg) -- Tony Hall, chief investment officer of Duet Commodities Fund Ltd., discusses the outlook for gold and oil prices. He speaks with Bloomberg's Deirdre Bolton on Bloomberg Television's "Money Moves." (Source: Bloomberg)

/video: http://www.bloomberg.com/video/80290084/

"MOney is going... back to cash." (says a friend of fiat)

Paulson is a victim of the weakhands and numbnuts under his customers. That's always the problem if you manage other people's money. I am sure he has a nice private stash of the shiny yellow kind that he won't sell for a long time.

Paulson Schmaulson. Kyle Bass has guns, physical gold and a million dollars in nickels in a vault. Now that's commitment.

Xmas pressie? Hmm, we'll see.

The bearish sentiment is incredible given how it's all lined up perfectly for gold. Even on this board here (in parts).

People are hoping the train is going to back up to the station they were left behind at? :blink:

Regards

ML

Maybe Paulson is making noises intended on moving the market to get a better price to get back in ?

If you look at a long term chart there has to be a pull back at some point?

http://www.jsmineset.com/2011/11/14/keynote-speech-at-sydney-gold-symposium-14-15-november-2011-by-alf-field/

Keynote Speech At Sydney Gold Symposium 14-15 November 2011 By Alf Field

Once this correction has been completed, Intermediate Wave III of Major THREE will be underway. This should be the largest and strongest wave in the entire gold bull market. The target for this wave should be around $4,500 with only two 13% corrections on the way.

Paulson's closet?

http://cdn.spiegel.de/images/image-279259-galleryV9-spos.jpg

image-279259-galleryV9-spos.jpg

Im sure Paulson's stash will be larger than that. The pyramid is only worth about £4,000,000. A runner up lottery winners stash.

I really recommend everyone to read this. There are some amazing (private) stories in it too.

THE BRUTAL TRUTHS

(1) The slate needs to be wiped clean and a new sound monetary system introduced.

(2) That will require the elimination of all debt, deficits, unfunded social entitlements, the US Dollar as Reserve currency, and the big one, the $600 trillion of derivatives.

(3) To eliminate these problems by default and deflation will cause a banking collapse and untold economic pain, leading to riots and political change.

(4) Politicians are appointed for relatively short terms and opt for the easy solutions.

(5) While politicians continue to have the ability to create new money at will, they will do so in order to prevent a melt down on their watch.

(6) Consequently the odds point to governments wiping the slate clean by generating enough new money to eventually destroy their currencies.

(7) The new international monetary system is likely to involve precious metals. It will have to be money that people trust and that governments cannot create at will.

I really recommend everyone to read this. There are some amazing (private) stories in it too.

Thanks for posting the very good article GF. The author gives great detail as to why and where he sees gold going and very little on Silver.

You in the past have been very open in your view that silver has more upside potential and your holdings were heavy into silver (Silver finger)

How have things progressed are you still more pecentage based invested in silver raher than gold, do you still see more upside to silver than gold?

Or as he shh**t is starting to hit the fan do you see gold outperfoming everything?

Do central banks hold silver reserves?

Regards

ML

Yes, I am still very heavily into silver. In terms of value, my gold and silver bullion positions are never too far from each other (but look at the G:S-ratio to see how much this changes over time). For me silver is a means of diversification. Because of the industrial consumption of the past, I do expect it to outperform gold, and there won't be screaming gold prices without screaming silver prices. If gold gets re-introduced as THE anchor of the monetary system, silver might trade more freely and will certainly not be in the focus of central bankster greed. I don't think Western central banks hold any relevant amounts of silver. Silver is the better day-to-day money. This is the role it has always had (until 40-something years ago). I think silver will always be lagging gold in its moves, but I am very patient.

Thanks for posting the very good article GF. The author gives great detail as to why and where he sees gold going and very little on Silver.

You in the past have been very open in your view that silver has more upside potential and your holdings were heavy into silver (Silver finger)

How have things progressed are you still more pecentage based invested in silver raher than gold, do you still see more upside to silver than gold?

Or as he shh**t is starting to hit the fan do you see gold outperfoming everything?

Do central banks hold silver reserves?

Regards

ML

Marvellous to read Alf Fields again after so long!

One wonders how Elliot Waves could be so different...Prechter/Fields...chalk and cheese?

Anyway a great read there. :)

Marvellous to read Alf Fields again after so long!

One wonders how Elliot Waves could be so different...Prechter/Fields...chalk and cheese?

Anyway a great read there. :)

Hi Jake,

Hope you and family are well.

Regards d2thdr.

(I need to post this here too.)

IS GOLD TOO EXPENSIVE ?

Maybe. Look at this comparison with Silver/ SLV ... update

gldnov11.gif

Silver often leads Gold, and has left behind a big gap after the last drop.

(Took some profits on a part of my GLD position today after seeing this.)

Paulson is a victim of the weakhands and numbnuts under his customers. That's always the problem if you manage other people's money. I am sure he has a nice private stash of the shiny yellow kind that he won't sell for a long time.

Paulsen lost tons of money (was down almost 50% at one stage), proving that he is

"just human, no Superman", and so many performance-chasing sheeple decided to move

on to whomever had a "hot hand" last month, and gander lots of fawning press.

He can go forward managing his own money, which allows one to sleep better.

Perhaps he will even learn how to trade gold and silver one day