• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I fear I am right.

Touché - but what's coming is coming, nothing we can do about it :(

Amazing 2 days... gold up nearly 5% and DOW down more than 5% (and still falling). Did the PPT not notice this, or perhaps thev've just thrown the towell in

please tell me if so!!!!!)]

PS: Just heard on radio one that people should buy gold in these inflationary times: here we go!!!!!!!

On Radio 2 Steve Wright in the afternoon, in factoids I think, they were saying dont buy shares and stocks, BUY GOLD! I might listen again as I kind of missed the first bit. What qualifications does the BBC have to advise people or is this propaganda from the Lords. Are they planning another finger burning lesson for the sheep?

My friends are a little sceptical... but not as sceptical as they've been (up until recently) about my views on what the UK housing market might do! :lol:

If I'm seen to get PMs right, they'll just be copying what I do from now on and all scepticism will be gone! ;)

My friends and family have at times almost shown resentment and jealousy as they disagreed with my views on house prices falling, high inflation which will go cgnao-inflation (new buzz word for hyperinflation) war in the middle east escalating into ww3, 911 inside job, gold prices to the moon, and the final showdown which will be the most amazing event ever witnessed by any humans, ever. Some of these things are proving correct already and some are yet to come.

Some nice action in G&S today again.

I played that game last night after silvers move up and I am regretting it at the moment, but must be patient as the point is to look for falls next week and buy back in...

I must be a real gold bug. I never sold a single gramme.* I gave some away as a gift, though. :)

*Actually, not entirely true. On two occasions I sold gold, but only to buy instantaneously back in another country/on another account. It was merely a technical transaction that had to be carried out.

I must be a real gold bug. I never sold a single gramme.* I gave some away as a gift, though. :)

*Actually, not entirely true. On two occasions I sold gold, but only to buy instantaneously back in another country/on another account. It was merely a technical transaction that had to be carried out.

What price was gold when you first got seriously interested in it? Let me know please when you are thinking of selling! I'm sure the right time to get out will be debated here when the time comes.

What price was gold when you first got seriously interested in it? Let me know please when you are thinking of selling! I'm sure the right time to get out will be debated here when the time comes.

I have this thread here with some thoughts on the 'fair' price or when it's time to get out. Haven't updated it for a while.

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread.php?t=195370

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtm.../27/cmbuy27.xml

"There is no such thing as a free deposit," says Mr Sandeman. "The lucky ones are those who got repossessed last year. Those who are being repossessed now, at current auction prices, will still owe vast sums to their lender."

I voice of reason in the property $h1tstorm.

I've been sitting and watching Gold for years now. With time I no longer have any emotions with the ups or downs. I used to mind. Sometimes I buy a bit more though.

Yes, I agree, cool heads are required. Easier said than done though :lol:

Watch emotion run riot in the mass mind as people pile into gold in the near future pushing it up.

This is a great website (I've not seen it before obviously):

DollarDaze

http://dollardaze.org/blog

Checkout this great article. Look at the lovely "Purchasing Power" charts for different currencies.

Sinking Currencies by Mike Hewitt

http://dollardaze.org/blog/?post_id=00402

PurchasingPower_British_Pound.jpg

And checkout the gold and silver charts:

http://dollardaze.org/blog/?page_id=00063

http://dollardaze.org/blog/?page_id=00066

Quality stuff :D

One more kiss it goodbye to the $800s and then off to the races imo. I would love to see gold bounce of the 200dma in a month or two so I can load up one final time.

After gold hits $1000 I can relax then. My family thinks I'm too obsessed with gold right now. Thats only because I haven't got enough! :D

Just wondering what peoples opinions of last weeks rally are.

I've recently had some funds free'd up and am expecting some more in early August.

I curently have a very small holding in coins but want to invvest a further £15-£25k, probably in coins again.

Things have been pretty choppy over the last few months and although I'm convinced of the general upwrd trend I'm reluctant to buy in an upward swing.

Do people feel we'll touch the $800's again? I'm prepared to wait a while but do feel the end of the summer could well see firm consolodation above $1000.

All opinions greatly appreciated.

(Us beginners need the support) :mellow:

Just think -- there'll come a time when selling gold (maybe just about all of it you have) is the right thing to do!

However will you cope? :D

He will then have to be "bricks and mortar finger" or "cash finger". Not quite as cool eh?

Thanks for the Dollardaze link Steve Netwriter, bookmarked it.

I've recently had some funds free'd up and am expecting some more in early August.

I curently have a very small holding in coins but want to invvest a further £15-£25k, probably in coins again.

Things have been pretty choppy over the last few months and although I'm convinced of the general upwrd trend I'm reluctant to buy in an upward swing.

Do people feel we'll touch the $800's again? I'm prepared to wait a while but do feel the end of the summer could well see firm consolodation above $1000.

I think that since the last upleg to $1030, we have been in a trading range of $850 to $950. The fundamentals for gold have improved as inflation is clearly an issue and things haven't got any better for the banks. The world has not got any closer to peace but rather war looks more likely with Iran which could spread and oil will go ballistic.

Last weeks rally are either the high end of the current trading range (most likely IMO) or the start of the new upleg but I was expecting that to start in late summer.

I'm just a novice but that is how I view where we are. I just added another £3000 in coins.

Now that the Federal Reserve's effectively shown its hand, there are more rumblings about intervention int he currency markets to save the buck. However, I just read this from Peter Schiff.

He says

However, the U.S. government should think twice about bringing a knife to a gunfight. The Treasury only has about $75 billion in foreign currency reserves with which to intervene. The war chest is just a spit in the ocean.

The extent to which the Fed has hobbled itself is startling. I'd imagine the recent talk of relaxing rules governing private equity investment in banks must be in response to a rather less gullible sovereign wealth fund community who fell for Wall Street's and Paulson's assurances that there'd be no "Credit Crunch 2" just before they forked out for stakes in Citi, Merrill and Morgan among others.

Well, my view. Long-term it doesn't really matter. But yes, I know how you feel. You want to try and pick the best time, and not have to go through dips after when you think "if only I'd waited".

Obviously no one really knows, else life would be real easy.

My gut feel is that "this might really be it".

The general mood of the articles being written recently seems to have changed. Remember when there were a lot of "it's going to drop" articles. And then there was quite a lot of gloom about how low gold had gone. And only a few days ago, it was "how much higher is the US$ going to go".

I guess the Fed have shown their had, and now most people can see it's empty !

My mood has changed from "trying to pick the bottoms" to "worry about not having enough insurance".

You've got maybe a 50/50 chance of picking the right answer, but in the end, it won't matter.

The extent to which the Fed has hobbled itself is startling. ...

Schiff is right. The only other thing besides those funny green little pieces of paper the Fed has is ... GOLD! Now, let's see how (or WHETHER) they will start dumping it to prop up the Dollar.

You doubt it? Me too! They will in fact start buying at some stage. Gold $5,000? NO problem at all. Maybe we will need to add a zero towards the end.

Tim Wood on FSNH this week again totally clueless. That's what happens when you only look at TA, and not at the fundamentals. Puplava sort of disclassifies him.

Glad I picked the other one then :D

Yeah, I find some of the blind TA talk rather funny.

This one is very good:

3rd Hour with Jim & John

http://www.netcastdaily.com/broadcast/fsn2008-0628-3a.mp3

* When Money Dies

* Trading Places

From the Schiff article above:

In fact, the United States holds just about 1% of the world's $7.6 trillion of foreign currency reserves, and our total position amounts to just 2.5% of the total daily volume of foreign exchange trading. Talk about Bambi vs. Godzilla! In other words, if the dollar is going to fall, the Treasury is completely powerless to do anything to stop it.

In the end, it will be a matter of who has the GOLD. Keep in mind that the US still stores (not owns) the biggest amount of physical gold amongst the world's nations.

(I am turning into Goldzilla here. :lol: )

EDIT:

Glad I picked the other one then :D

Yeah, I find some of the blind TA talk rather funny.

First hour is still worth listening, I would say.