Robert Kiyosaki crook or not, he will really kick the precious metals into touch.

He has a huge audience with his books, internet sites and TV appearances over in the US. He was probably one of the main people hyping up the housing market.... in phase 3 of that bull run.

I d watch this space, he has a new book coming out with Mike Maloney about investing in Gold and Silver - I believe this will be the start of phase 3 very soon.

Fair enough, he might really push PMs that way. In the end he might end up as someone people will blame when they possibly lose lots of money in precious metals when the bull will be over.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Listening to the "today" programme on Radio 4 this morning....

Section on the price of gold and the disparity between the gold spot price in the markets for good delivery bars and the price for smaller investmewnt bars and coins.

The analysis basically stated that the spot price on the markets was falling due to people shorting the market in the expectation of a recession.

However, the people buying physical bullion ( in particular, coins) were doing so with a much longer term view of a global monetary crisis in mind. Hence the price was holding up in this market sector. It also went on to suggest that such longer term investors saw this as a buying opportunity

Very interesting interview

Robert Kiyosaki ......... has a huge audience with his books, internet sites and TV appearances over in the US. He was probably one of the main people hyping up the housing market.... in phase 3 of that bull run.

His RichDad book was one of the first I read and it helped me appreciate some of the basics

1. The house you live in is not and investment it is a liability (Big House = big bills ) - it's not good if it is your biggest asset.

2. He was banging on about the government's unsustainable liabilities years ago and IMO is quite right to assert that relying on the government to look after you is unwise.

I do think he was far too rental property bullish - I think he mentored Casey Sarin!!!

Listening to the "today" programme on Radio 4 this morning....

Section on the price of gold and the disparity between the gold spot price in the markets for good delivery bars and the price for smaller investmewnt bars and coins.

The analysis basically stated that the spot price on the markets was falling due to people shorting the market in the expectation of a recession.

However, the people buying physical bullion ( in particular, coins) were doing so with a much longer term view of a global monetary crisis in mind. Hence the price was holding up in this market sector. It also went on to suggest that such longer term investors saw this as a buying opportunity

Very interesting interview

Thanks for posting this I missed it and as you say it's interesting.

Some people seem to think Kiyosaki is a crook. Not sure what the status of the public debate on this is. He claims in the show to have sold gold at $700 and that he has been in the oil business since 1966 (that's when he was 19). :unsure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kiyosaki

What I am most curious to know is were they REALLY making toothpaste tubes out of lead when he was a kid as he claims in his book? :blink:

What I am most curious to know is were they REALLY making toothpaste tubes out of lead when he was a kid as he claims in his book? :blink:

They sure looked like lead to me and many old homes had lead water pipes. Parents told me to run the water for for a while before drinking.

we are right at the intermediate top in the $USD

Great chart Ker - do you have a source or is it your own work?

I've been buying commodities recently since the bottom so this should really help to determine another top. I might have to consider setting up a dollar account when I sell rather than leave it in sterling cash.

Any further analysis on Elliot waves for the US dollar index from anyone would be great - still learning this one, so simple explanation needed ;)

Here's a good read as well (showing how US Dollar is a mirror image of commodities):

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article5911.html

<MC Hammer>

STOP! Shopping time!</MC Hammer>

BTW, are we going to have a new September thread (Steve / Dr B)?

Thanks for the reminder. I guess it's me.

New thread here:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=4139

Please use the new thread, thanks :D

I've had a few people I know question if I still think gold is a good investment given the recent falls, but they are often quite surprised when I tell them that in terms of the falling pound the sterling price of gold is holding up quite well, unlike their other sterling denominated investments.

$805 gold spot price is £450

You can look at the sterling price of gold on goldline.com and see Krugerrands at £482, Britannia, Panda and Eagles at £496

Gold only has to go back into the low $900s for the sterling spot price of gold to go over £500, then it would be difficult to by bullion coins for much less than £550.

http://www.goldline.co.uk/bullionCoinsPage.page

I've had a few people I know question if I still think gold is a good investment given the recent falls, but they are often quite surprised when I tell them that in terms of the falling pound the sterling price of gold is holding up quite well, unlike their other sterling denominated investments.

$805 gold spot price is £450

You can look at the sterling price of gold on goldline.com and see Krugerrands at £482, Britannia, Panda and Eagles at £496

Gold only has to go back into the low $900s for the sterling spot price of gold to go over £500, then it would be difficult to by bullion coins for much less than £550.

http://www.goldline.co.uk/bullionCoinsPage.page

Agreed. Despite most all of my purchases being above $850 in relation to sterling I'm still in the black. ^_^

Good point. I bought gold with New Zealand dollars and Korean won a good few months back. These two currencies must nearly qualify as the two worst performers as they have both slumped in the past few weeks. Do not know whether I am still in the "black" but to be frank do not really care. I just view both gold and silver as alternative [natural] currencies, and they may fluctuate against the rest, especially as the dollar goes up short term as the asset bubble continues to unwind. I expect them to come into their own in the medium/long term.

I have to post these.

First the US$ version:

GoldUS_080902.gif

Then the GBP version, which as said above, doesn't look as knocked down:

GoldGBP_080902.gif

But just look at the NZ$ version:

GoldNZ_080902.gif

Edited to add JPY one. I remember when the Gold or JPY thread started. JPY hasn't done badly, but gold is winning.

GoldJPY_080902.gif

Good point. I bought gold with New Zealand dollars and Korean won a good few months back. These two currencies must nearly qualify as the two worst performers as they have both slumped in the past few weeks.

Yep, you did well to out of the NZ$.

It's good not to be in it, seeing NZ$ denominated assets falling.

Arrghhh!! Gold down another $20

My first 2 investments in Gold (though small) have been a couple of days before big drops in the price <_<

Me too, I got my second 1 oz Kruger yesterday morning.

Bloke before me just picked up a couple of large gold bars!!! I felt a little inadequate when the lady behind the counter asked how much gold I wanted.

Great chart Ker - do you have a source or is it your own work?

no, not my own, (from kitco's kingofgolds thread) but expressed my own beliefs

however, after todays action, i think we are going higher, probably 80 in the USD, because oil at 105 level is weak and all the currencies are yet not found supports/resistance, these are supports for currencies so far:

EUR/USD: 1.4300

GBP/USD: 1.7500

AUD/USD: 0.7800

USD/CAD: 1.1000

either these currencies hit support/resistances or oil confirms strong support at 100, one of these two has te be completed before strong upside in gold