• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

World stability hangs by a thread as economies continue to unravel

The political bubble is bursting. Spreads on geo-strategic risk are now widening as dramatically as the spreads on financial risk at the onset of the credit crunch.

Whether it is the Indian rupee, the Shanghai bourse, or Kremlin debt, the stars of the credit boom have fallen to earth. Investors are retreating into 3-month US Treasury bills – the ultimate safe-haven. The yield has fallen to 0.02pc, less than zero after costs. You pay Washington to guard your money.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment...to-unravel.html

Nooooooo !!!!!

Gold !

I can't believe he said that !

expend-thumb.png

They are getting stock in return,

so this compares apples and oranges

Whether we see 650 again would surely depend on whether we see another bout of deleveraging by the hedgies and another panic sell off in the DOW.

Agreed although I don't know if the hedgies etc have very much left to offload . . .

http://www.goldprice.org/gold-price.html

You can see the PoG in several different currencies at the same time on GoldPrice.

Gold is dropping in every currency

Excellent Link. It gives a very clear picture. Thanks :)

It does bring up the question as to why is it dropping ??? Following oil down, but I thought it had decoupled ??? ..... Deleveraging, but once that finishes it will shoot up like a ball under water ????? New Treasury Sec anouncements last week ?????? Have I missed something, time to trawl news feeds / forums ???? Terror attacks, but doesnt that make the price go up ????? Expected good Black Friday figures, but I thought consumers where skint ?????? Better than expected non farm payroll expected this friday, but factories are closing ?????

Ouch Ouch, all this thinking hurts my head :blink::blink::lol::lol: The only thing I can compute is Dollar cost average :unsure:

Excellent Link. It gives a very clear picture. Thanks :)

It does bring up the question as to why is it dropping ??? Following oil down, but I thought it had decoupled ??? ..... Deleveraging, but once that finishes it will shoot up like a ball under water ????? New Treasury Sec anouncements last week ?????? Have I missed something, time to trawl news feeds / forums ???? Terror attacks, but doesnt that make the price go up ????? Expected good Black Friday figures, but I thought consumers where skint ?????? Better than expected non farm payroll expected this friday, but factories are closing ?????

Ouch Ouch, all this thinking hurts my head :blink::blink::lol::lol: The only thing I can compute is Dollar cost average :unsure:

Simple. People are selling gold because

1. they are forced sellers icon8.gif

2. they are stupid :wacko:

http://www.goldprice.org/gold-price.html

You can see the PoG in several different currencies at the same time on GoldPrice.

Gold is dropping in every currency

That is a very hand page, BUT IMO it is VERY dangerous. Because of the way they do the vertical scale, you cannot tell how quickly each is moving.

I haven't checked, but I'd bet the GoldJPY dropped a LOT more than GoldGBP !

That is a very hand page, BUT IMO it is VERY dangerous. Because of the way they do the vertical scale, you cannot tell how quickly each is moving.

I haven't checked, but I'd bet the GoldJPY dropped a LOT more than GoldGBP !

Yes, it’s really only useful for up and down (when looking at all currencies together).

It would help if they did the numbers in Percent instead of currency value.