You should add when RB said that Gold would be produced in particle accelerators. :lol:

I wonder if this guy ever got his project off the ground

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/2002/02...21700831200.htm

Dr. Agarwala is under ``enormous pressure and inducements'' from certain agencies and countries to ``sell'' the technology, he says. ``But, I am clear that India should hold the patent from this technology.''

I bet he was !

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

GF what is your target for London h prices? 1980 peak was just above 100 ounces . I think we could make that.

Yes, if the UK average went to 50, we could see 80-90 in London. In the 1980s bottom there was not that much of a difference between London and the rest of the country.

HP_UK_in_gold_1973.PNG

Sh*t - he was my 'contrarian' indicator... :lol:

This interview is important - also flashes Gold at over $1000!!! (Also on my "normal" distribution thread)

Likewise :lol:

I guess we may hit an intermediate top for while now then.

Things really seem to be out of control now (Volcker & Soros). I wonder how long it will take them to work out that throwing money at the problem isn't helping.

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....amp;#entry97722

I have for some time now been starting to think all stocks everywhere, all financial assets will suffer in this economic implosion [previously, I had been considering buying into mining/energy stocks]. Reading the above thread helps to confirm it for me that the only place money may survive is in monetary metal.

Whereas the past was characterized by growth the future looks likely to be characterized by wealth destruction. Also, the primary way to destroy this illusory wealth will be depreciation of currencies which may of course reflect in nominal gains but will represent nothing real.

Sh*t - he was my 'contrarian' indicator... :lol:

This interview is important - also flashes Gold at over $1000!!! (Also on my "normal" distribution thread)

"My heart sank"

LOL. One good thing to come from this catastrophe will be that the best minds will aim to become engineers instead of "financial engineers". That will make us far better off in the long run.

My source informed me that a co-ordinated intervention is being organized in the gold market.

Don't sell. Buy later.

I will

ps Sorry if I get fustrated with you - it seems to me you know more than you tell.

In one generation, people have been fooled out of their gold. For thousands of years gold is universally known as money. For King and country people are encouraged to leave their gold with the BofE and use paper vouchers instead to help the war effort and now most think gold is a commodity, something plated onto hifi plugs and quite useless otherwise, except jewelry.

You got it

feels good!

No no no high gold price is the sign of trouble - owning gold will protect a bit -- we all would be much better off if gold were not a good investment.

Whatever they do can't hide the fact they are now printing more money than people can count.

Most people don't even know how many zeros a trillion has. We are all freeking doomed- some more doomed than others.

Another smackdown is another buying opp.

Agreed

I remember my first coin. £490 (including commission) --- I wish I borrowed money to buy more gold back then... seems really cheap now that its £697 ( excluding commission) - but still, i am afraid to borrow to buy at this level, which may seem cheap next year.

I have to say a big thank you to being educated in the ways of gold, as I already have made a very nice return - on such a small stash.

+1

I found GF on HPC and have all my physical at less than £400, if I had found cg on MSE I would have had it at sub £200.

There are people expecting a pull back, forced sales are coming into the market due to latest leg down on the markets (look at GSK for a stock that exhibits these deleveraging phases) and the $ chart would form a nice double top, this is the perfect time to strike and I think they will be successful in their attempt, as you say they will ultimately fail. I will be going substantially stronger into Silver and Gold if they do beat it down again.

I think wee could see lower lows in both Silver and Gold. As someone pointed out on anther thread I read this could be a deflationary tactic to force people into bonds and keep rates down to help manage the debt burden. I think a lot of the quantitative easy talk is a bluff to draw in "smart (read easy come easy go)" money from the sidelines into stock and houses so it can be properly destroyed in the bubble deflation and the remainder of the gap left after this will possible come from quantitative easing.

Central banks do not have control of things atm and they are likely very weary of causing runaway inflation, once they gain control of the situation to the downside they are likely to try and re inflate then but I do think we are in for a period of deflation (I have been firmly in the inflation camp for 2 years) but have recently re-evaluated things.

Why?

I am prepaired to be wrong but everything is managed (to the best of their abilities) these days and if you try and think from the point of view of those in charge it seems to be pretty much what happens.

See my post on the other dark side yesterday Link

By thinking as if I were someone who wanted to protect the markets/system it is remarkably easy to call the intervention. This is not based on chartism/support levels, just my view of the charts at the time and when they seem to be getting out of control.

Saw it. Great call. I'm a fan.

Thanks for your post, for fear of derailing an important thread I will respond to it on my PPT thread started a while ago.

Where is that thread?

Why?

Saw it. Great call. I'm a fan.

Where is that thread?

Hi hotairmail,

Why?

Well a number of reasons including current gut feel. Instinct told me this would be a deflationary bust before I understood (as best I can :rolleyes: ) our financial system. Then with education from the likes of CGNAO etc I could see the main way the governments would try and tackle this mess was through increasing money supply, which was the view I stuck with until recently.

Now having seen data coming out of the East the collapse is breathtaking and although I did not ever buy into the East carrying the West through this crisis I did think there would be enough activity to keep the inflationary pressure on. Also observation about watching what the governments do not what they say. In the UK for example no one has yet received a mortgage bailout, NR is still repossessing and reducing it's loan book. In the US the bailouts disappointed the equity markets for the lack of free inflationary money and the timescale the money being rolled out.

So I am currently getting the feeling they want to destroy the boom money that causes the imbalances in our economy before they can confidently try to stimulate when they can get some sort of stability again without the hyper inflation feared. After all hyper inflation is not the solution it will still end in a depression and crash the bond markets. As stated earlier I think they may try to and give gold a hammering this time round to reinforce the deflationary side to the true smart money in the bonds (this is not to say I think gold story is over and people in it are wrong it is just I am being cautious purely because of the manipulation). The manipulation of gold on this recent uptrend has been ominously absent, almost as if they wanted it to rise to double top territory while holding their powder dry. This approach would Keep rates low reducing the debt burden while encouraging the "savvy investors" with boom proceeds into deflating assets to assist with a more gradual fall in them through the threat of quantitative easing and low saving rates.

These are my current views/ramblings based on my approach of trying to think how the leaders might think when trying to solve these problems. I am primed for inflation if I am wrong but being in cash I can move quickly to respond to this.

The response to FWIW is now up, just took a while to find the time. :rolleyes:

Now having seen data coming out of the East the collapse is breathtaking and although I did not ever buy into the East carrying the West through this crisis I did think there would be enough activity to keep the inflationary pressure on. Also observation about watching what the governments do not what they say. In the UK for example no one has yet received a mortgage bailout, NR is still repossessing and reducing it's loan book. In the US the bailouts disappointed the equity markets for the lack of free inflationary money and the timescale the money being rolled out.

It was a collapse in economic activity that undermined the mark that led to the hyperinflation in Weimar Republic. The government had to print money to pay for social welfare. The Bank of England is likely to buy government bonds to fund social welfare in the QE about to take place.

So I am currently getting the feeling they want to destroy the boom money that causes the imbalances in our economy before they can confidently try to stimulate when they can get some sort of stability again without the hyper inflation feared. After all hyper inflation is not the solution it will still end in a depression and crash the bond markets. As stated earlier I think they may try to and give gold a hammering this time round to reinforce the deflationary side to the true smart money in the bonds (this is not to say I think gold story is over and people in it are wrong it is just I am being cautious purely because of the manipulation). The manipulation of gold on this recent uptrend has been ominously absent, almost as if they wanted it to rise to double top territory while holding their powder dry. This approach would Keep rates low reducing the debt burden while encouraging the "savvy investors" with boom proceeds into deflating assets to assist with a more gradual fall in them through the threat of quantitative easing and low saving rates.

In the 1970 to 1980 period, gold made big moves. Is this because they allowed it or had no control over it? I suspect that they allow gold to go up. How do you explain the rise in Sept to March 2007? Im sure they could have defended the price to keep it below $700. If theres going to be a gold rush they dont want to give it away too cheap to foreigners. What other PMs do they defend the price of?

These are my current views/ramblings based on my approach of trying to think how the leaders might think when trying to solve these problems. I am primed for inflation if I am wrong but being in cash I can move quickly to respond to this.

The response to FWIW is now up, just took a while to find the time. :rolleyes:

Whilst I share your worries to some extent, I dont feel safe with GBP or government debt. They wont trick me out of my gold. If gold is going to $2000 or $10,000 how many times do I jump in and out on the way up there.

DOUBLE POST

The SVP said gold stored by the Swiss National Bank in the United States should be repatriated and Switzerland should ban the sale of U.S. funds in the country to protect Swiss investors after the failure of U.S. regulators.

This is a serious threat for the US since who knows what they have done to this gold (leased to the Cartel who in turn sold it to Indians?). The second US gold default after 1971 may be much closer than we think. If Germany and Italy start having similar ideas, the price of gold could be over $10,000 in the blink of an eye.

DOUBLE POST

This is a serious threat for the US since who knows what they have done to this gold (leased to the Cartel who in turn sold it to Indians?). The second US gold default after 1971 may be much closer than we think. If Germany and Italy start having similar ideas, the price of gold could be over $10,000 in the blink of an eye.

Stop teasing yourself.

Insight: Gold primed to be ‘mania asset’

gold is currently one of the few remaining major asset classes where a case could be made for it to rise in a parabolic fashion. Once the psychologically significant $1,000 an ounce is breached convincingly, the speed of the move beyond that level could accelerate sharply.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/eff64394-fdd7-11...0077b07658.html

Can someone paste whole article if they can as I have used my 10 free article limit. You have to register to gain free access to 10 articles per month. I thought this item was encouraging for both gold and silver.