• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Friend of mine runs PM option trading for one of the bigger bullion banks in the city. I asked him his opinion on gold..

"as for gold...it's had a good run up for sure, longs got excited and addded to positions thru 931 and 950, so there is where the puke will happen. personally i gonna get myself lined up with some gamma puts with 4-6wks maturity...that where the risk lies at the moment..too many retail people gettign excited and buying it now at 975-980....all traders i know are saying that we need to consolidate so very hard to see it rage too much higher too soon, but i not gonna go short as there is just fresh air between here and the mar08 high at 1032!!!!"

Only thing I'm sure about is that whichever way it goes, its gonna be volatile......

I am banned from posting there.

Judging by the recent amount of gold thread suppression on HPC, they'll have banned half their users by the end of this month. I thought the site was meant to help and educate people. Apparently that only counts if you want to be 'helped' and 'educated' into holding fiat.

Back below $1000 (just) for now, so where next? It would seem guaranteed that the march 2008 high will be retested, but after that? Judging by Trader Dan's latest post and chart on jsmineset, the weekly move up is one of the, if not the, biggest since 2006, so I'd naively expect a bit of a pullback or some sideways movement before any move higher - but feel free to shoot that guess down :lol:

All I meant was, these are far from normal times and it's not going to take a particularly heavy straw to break the camel's back. The IMF is nearly out of money, albeit Germany has said it will financially assist the IMF, how long can this go on for given the compound nature of the problem.

Personally I think it's time to place your bet.

Pressure? Up or down?

I think it's very good what gold did today. It didn't go to $1,100 in a blow. It said 'hello' at the $1,000 level, and showed its tongue to all the idiots who sold it down to $681.65 after having reached $1,032.20 before. Gold is back, and if the idiots sell it again down to $600, it will be back again, and again, and again, because there is not much gold in the idiots' hand anymore anyway. :lol:

I think it's very good what gold did today. It didn't go to $1,100 in a blow. It said 'hello' at the $1,000 level, and showed its tongue to all the idiots who sold it down to $681.65 after having reached $1,032.20 before. Gold is back, and if the idiots sell it again down to $600, it will be back again, and again, and again, because there is not much gold in the idiots' hand anymore anyway. :lol:

true but quite a few idiots own etf's - that problem needs to be solved also