GEAB N°32 - Contents

- Published February 16, 2009 -

4th quarter 2009 – Beginning of Phase 5 of the global systemic crisis: phase of global geopolitical dislocation

Back in February 2006, LEAP/E2020 estimated that the global systemic crisis would unfold in 4 main structural phases.....

with pretty charts:

http://www.leap2020.eu/GEAB-N-32-is-availa...ical_a2805.html

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Where are the people who predicted $300 and $200? :unsure:

Are they checking back with their bosses on what to post next? :rolleyes::lol:

Here's what Ker (Mr $200 gold) posted today. Is hiding away in another forum;

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....ost&p=97290

just want to point out that professionals took profits yesterday (they didn't drove it higher), so i am on the side that we are close to a final top, but to be sure, we have to see if professionals selloff on tuesday, that would be our confirmation

This is not 1980. Anyone claiming that should have a look at these charts.

Yes, its definatly 2009. :P

Seriously, why do you say that? I looked at the charts and I dont see your point. The 1980s are all there is to compare with but this crisis is much more serious and unsolvable without inflating the debts away.

I think gold will continue upwards until about May and will get to $1224. I hope so anyway.

I take it this is in relation to GLD buying more gold in January than was mined. Why is there an assumption that they didn't get it from some other source? Have they announced that it was all newly mined stock?

Maybe the ETFs should publish the source of the gold so it can be verified.

The real issue here is ALL THE MINED gold in the world is not enough to keep up with demand from one EFT. That is huge demand and if it keeps up will drain all the gold ever mined into ETFs.

Here's an overview for you. Rather than a double top, I think it's more a confirmation of the next leg up :D :D

GoldUS_090221.gif

Marvellously and bullishly painted Steve. :)

I see the shift from the late plunge below the blue line to the latest break out above it as marking a shift in the markets perception of gold; from a commodity to a currency [store of value].

Maybe the ETFs should publish the source of the gold so it can be verified.

The real issue here is ALL THE MINED gold in the world is not enough to keep up with demand from one EFT. That is huge demand and if it keeps up will drain all the gold ever mined into ETFs.

GLD do ----> Barlist. Theres about 88 bars in a tonne.

They go to great lengths to try and dispel the myth that they dont hold the gold they say they do.

Goldcorp alone produced about 20T of gold in 4thQ 2008 ( Thats just under the amount in the closest stack in the second picture)

dsc_0005_800.jpg

dsc_0018_800.jpg

I can't get this stupid song out of my head ;):D

http://rathergood.com/bullion

bullion_thumb.jpg

Bullion! That's the stuff for me! We've done a song about how great it is! Hooray for Bullion!

That's another warning indicator of a coming top - too mainstream now, the general public are well informed of golds rise and are buying this peak.

The 10:1 level is now major long-term resistance for the DJIA-gold ratio.

http://gold.approximity.com/since1968/DJIA...-Ratio_LOG.html

DJIA-Gold-Ratio_LOG.png

Great chart - now I'm a little confused. Perhaps we are a not at the same point as in late 1974 yet but maybe at a similar point to 1973 - second thoughts, I think that it should spike down fairly quickly over the next few weeks as gold goes even higher and the Dow goes even lower. Worth checking that graph if it's updated regularly as it would be a great indicator for the mid-cycle gold correction and that stocks were going to rise again in a 12/18 month cyclical bull run.

That's another warning indicator of a coming top - too mainstream now, the general public are well informed of golds rise and are buying this peak.

With the greatest respect, I would say that you just don't get it...

I refer you to Nixon 1971: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixon_Shock

It has taken 38 years to get this far. Charts are great at telling you where you have been, not where you are going.

The thing about money is that it has infinite demand from people - who doesn't want to be rich? The FED and the BoE thought that they could control the supply side. Not too much printing to give the illusion of the fiat holding some value. With the trillions in bank bailouts this illusion has been shattered. Now we are on our way to Harare...

By buying and holding gold, you can hedge against two possible outcomes.

1) Gold becomes money (due to hyperinflation e.g. Zimbabwe) via restatment of Bretton Woods or Bancor system - gold holders win.

2) Fiat lives and does not fully die - this will lead to either inflation or deflation - either way gold holders win.

So there you have it - trading gold is like Goldfinger already said "for people that like steamrollers" or "catching falling knives".