• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

The idiots are back in town. This dance around the round number is so ridiculous. :lol:

If the price goes down substantially, I'll possibly add to my position some more gold rather than silver or palladium. You have to love the blackboxes, sheeple sellers, and the Cartel. :)

EDIT: Anyone who tries to trade this should read up on nickels and steamrollers.

The idiots are back in town. This dance around the round number is so ridiculous. :lol:

If the price goes down substantially, I'll possibly add to my position some more gold rather than silver or palladium. You have to love the blackboxes, sheeple sellers, and the Cartel. :)

EDIT: Anyone who tries to trade this should read up on nickels and steamrollers.

I'm looking at getting back in at 950-955. I do have in mind the PPT might start the sales at 930 though.

The way I look at it is, that every month I change some fiat into gold and forget the volatility.

I don't see any problem with trading personally. As long as you keep yourself covered with a hefty core position. We are pretty much on this forum all in agreement that gold is going much much higher in the long term. So whats the harm some of the more aggressive of us in keeping say 10 - 20% of your PM holdings as 'tradeable', with the aim of selling when gold becomes overbought in the short term, in order to gain more ounces when gold becomes short-term oversold? Just like GF and many on here, I've been watching this market for around 4 years now, as been steadily accumulating over that time, and have learnt a lot (through a lot of mistakes mostly) and got a much better instinct for calling big swings in the market. Since we are all more or less in agreement that gold is still in a secular bull market, can we not discuss such things without been shunned by the over-zealous? Isn't that why we all defected from HPC in the first place? Surely we are not going to make the same mistake and let 'consensus think' stifle any debate here? That would be a great shame..

That's good. I want to get some of those 2009 brits, but at £765 each, I will have to wait until payday :rolleyes:

Anyway speaking of tunes, here's a happy one to fit this whole silly charade.

edit: how do you embed youtube vids?

Edit: cool, thanks steve

That's good. I want to get some of those 2009 brits, but at £765 each, I will have to wait until payday :rolleyes:

Anyway speaking of tunes, here's a happy one to fit this whole silly charade.

edit: how do you embed youtube vids?

[ youtube ] NdCBT_VHnUk [ /youtube ]

without the spaces

I don't see any problem with trading personally. As long as you keep yourself covered with a hefty core position. We are pretty much on this forum all in agreement that gold is going much much higher in the long term. So whats the harm some of the more aggressive of us in keeping say 10 - 20% of your PM holdings as 'tradeable', with the aim of selling when gold becomes overbought in the short term, in order to gain more ounces when gold becomes short-term oversold? Just like GF and many on here, I've been watching this market for around 4 years now, as been steadily accumulating over that time, and have learnt a lot (through a lot of mistakes mostly) and got a much better instinct for calling big swings in the market. Since we are all more or less in agreement that gold is still in a secular bull market, can we not discuss such things without been shunned by the over-zealous? Isn't that why we all defected from HPC in the first place? Surely we are not going to make the same mistake and let 'consensus think' stifle any debate here? That would be a great shame..

Well said.

http://jsmineset.com/index.php/2009/02/24/...-trader-dan-72/

DJ Gold, Silver Dealers Report Strongest-Ever Coin, Bar Demand

Tue Feb 24 12:10:27 2009 EST

By Allen Sykora

Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

"We’re having some of our strongest months ever," said Scott Thomas, president and chief executive of American Precious Metals Exchange in Edmond, Okla. "The bottom line is our numbers are probably double what they were last year, and last year was very busy. The demand is incredible. And even the strong prices for metals are not slowing it down."

Officials at New Orleans-based Blanchard & Co. said the dollar value of their sales during the first 1 1/2 months of 2009 was more than all 12 months of 2007.

Indian demand won't matter at all when the West will finally wake up.

Re the 'Trade' or 'Buy and Hold' debate, I have a great desire to see a plurality of views on here.

I think one thing that affects 'where you stand' is 'where you sit'.

If you have PMs that represent say, 10% of your annual income or less, then perhaps 'buy and hold' is the best strategy since dealing costs are likely to wipe any gains. The risk that you miss out on a ride up is significant (especially if you aren't fortunate enough to be well placed financially to begin with - and that, largely, is due to luck).

On the other hand, if you are a STR and have PMs that represent perhaps even multiple times your annual income (from your day job) then you are lucky enough to be well place financially and can afford the risk of trading: since a 20% move in the cost of gold might be your annual salary.

I'm not knocking anyone here, I'm simply trying to understand people's propensity to trade and thus to better weigh their advice.

Wanderer

"I don't see any problem with trading personally. As long as you keep yourself covered with a hefty core position.

We are pretty much on this forum all in agreement that gold is going much much higher in the long term"

UNQUOTE

Let me disagree here with anyone who thinks GOLD MUST KEEP GOING UP.

If you failed to lighten up in that rally to the $1,000 Double Top, you may soon regret it.

I dont read this thread everyday, but there's seem to be too much agreement here.

You are all in danger of getting caught by GROUP THINK.

Try to keep an open mind, and check out other parts of this website, like DrB's Diary from time-to-time

Let me disagree here with anyone who thinks GOLD MUST KEEP GOING UP.

If you failed to lighten up in that rally to the $1,000 Double Top, you may soon regret it.

This is co-ordinated intervention in all markets and is a desperate, futile attempt to delay the inevitable.

The onrushing monetary holocaust is global, can't be halted and will result in the annihilation of the purchasing power of ALL national currencies, unprecedented contraction of economic activity, dramatic reduction of standards of living worldwide, mass revolts, breakdown of law and order, possibly war and certainly a return to the gold standard by popular demand.

This is all you need to know and is 100% correct, guaranteed, relentless and unavoidable.