• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

But I do not see a clear parabolic upmove in that chart.

He did one before, but you have to squint and look sideways at it to see it :lol:

silver1year120308.gif

Silver Bull Market Moving In Parabolic Arc

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article4005.html

I thought he did one on gold too.

I really need to get more sleep :blink:

I've mixed up "john mauldin" and "clive maund" :o

Apologies to Clive :D

Maybe not so difficult given the names.

Oh it was an old online gaming nickname from years ago. No idea where it came from. :lol:

:blink: :blink: :blink:

I thought you were being very clever. Not saying you aren't !

This is what I came across.

Narco-Dollars for Dummies

"How the Money Works" in the Illicit Drug Trade

Catherine Austin Fitts

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/narco.html

Life on the street ain't sweet any more. I watched the slide of the Solari Index as a child. A lot of it had to do with narcotics trafficking and the people that narco dollars put in power on our streets - and in city hall, in the banks, in Congress and the corporations and investors down town and that ring the city.

Here is what I have learned that has been useful to me---- and may help you have a better map of how narco dollars impact you, your business, your family and the Solari Index in your neighborhood.

And this is your news website :lol:

http://www.narconews.com/

The way you write, makes me think you are not very old and probably don't have very much to store. I feel very safe with the system GoldMoney has put in operation. Would much rather have security, insurance and instant sale at spot ability.

i'm 49 and have been around the block

you are a complete idiot

i have 200k +++ in my own hands, perhaps go to the start of this thread and read what i have said

you simply have an extreme case of cognitive dissonance

you will look at something and come to the wrong conclusion

for the 3rd time you said goldmoney was = to having gold au bullion in one's sticky mitts

for the 3rd time i have said you are F###ING wrong, geddit? ((edit in this sentence, Bubb))

it ain't

see my last two replies to you, above, and reread both of them

and no i wouldn't have the convenviences of 'security, insurance and instant sale at spot ability' as the folks that would take over gm in a force majeure situation would equally have security, insurance and instant sale at spot ability to work against you

idiot

for the 3rd time i have said you are FUCKING wrong, geddit?

it ain't

see my last two replies to you, above, and reread both of them

and no i wouldn't have the convenviences of 'security, insurance and instant sale at spot ability' as the folks that would take over gm in a force majeure situation would equally have security, insurance and instant sale at spot ability to work against you

idiot

I think its reasonable to say that you have to judge what the risk is. If you knew the "authorities" were coming for your stash, I bet you would re-evaluate your hiding place and maybe improve it. Those who use BV or GM would do the same, ie sell their BV/GM gold and buy physical. And hopefully neither you or them would leave it too late before taking action. I completely agree with your view about holding physical but I would not have been so unkind and rude to a fellow member.

I think its reasonable to say that you have to judge what the risk is. If you knew the "authorities" were coming for your stash, I bet you would re-evaluate your hiding place and maybe improve it. Those who use BV or GM would do the same, ie sell their BV/GM gold and buy physical. And hopefully neither you or them would leave it too late before taking action. I completely agree with your view about holding physical but I would not have been so unkind and rude to a fellow member.

ok fine

that fellow member questioned me 3 times

i called him an idiot on the 3rd iteration, though i knew he was same immediately, on iteration 1

who owes who an apology?

people are risking eneormous sums here, time for some plain talk imo

the whole point of gold is wealth PRESERVATION

stick it in someone else's hand s and u lose the whole point, lmao, ever watch bogart???

especially now leaving your assets in other hands, in the crucible we are now whirling in, is madness

so pixelhattr, am i wrong that you are an idiot?

Please get your ripe tomatoes ready.

Gold Fundamentals Are Being Ignored

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article4159.html

Almost every article on gold seems to be stating that the yellow metal is being bought up due to these troubled economic times. If I hear the words “safe haven” again, I'm going to be sick. In other words, it is proposed that investors will lose confidence in the value of the dollar and revert back to the olden days of bartering in physical goods. Analysts are throwing around ridiculous forecasts for gold of $2,000, $5,000, even $100,000 per troy ounce.

This is balderdash. Gold is a commodity that is priced based on supply and demand factors like any other commodity. You could just as easily put your life savings into pork bellies. The buying power of the almighty dollar has been recently very stable, losing about 2 to 3 percent per year, which can be made up simply by investing in treasuries without having to store gold in your basement. Bernanke may be helicoptering billions of dollars to bail out investment firms, but the Federal Reserve is still keeping their eye on inflation. No, investors are not buying gold as a safe haven, they're buying gold to profit. Be careful. He who lives by the sword can easily die by the sword.

Supply

The gold supply side is not like oil. There is enough gold to last thousands of years. There is no cartel that metes gold to the markets to maintain prices. Gold generally doesn't get used up, it sits around waiting to be resold. As prices increase, more and more gold mines become economically viable. There is more motivation to take your unused jewelry to the pawn shop. Ten-carat gold starts to look as shiny as eighteen-carat gold. The IMF is eyeing their gold stores as a potential source of revenue to finance their operations. All these factors will add to the gold supply.

Demand

India , the world's largest gold consumer has curtailed their gold imports by over 60% in the last two quarters. Flat-screen televisions are replacing gold at weddings. Jewelry is being recycled at record rates. The world has not found any new radical industrial uses for gold, so this demand is stable. By far the greatest change in gold demand has been from hoarding. Street Tracks gold ETF has increased its inventories by a whopping 600 tonnes in three years. This has dramatically tightened the gold fundamentals and is the main cause for the current run-up in gold prices. The most amazing thing is that gold prices have only increased by 50% over this time, thereby showing the underlying weakness in this commodity. Try removing one quarter of the world's production of live cattle – beef prices would triple.

Gold demand is also inversely affected by price volatility. Volatility is the enemy of investors. Volatility means risk. As volatility increases, the less I have to buy to realize my profit objective. The volatility of gold prices has increased three-fold in the last year. This means I can buy one third the amount of gold to realize my profit objective or meet my stop-loss.

If gold prices start to fall, hoarding can very quickly reverse course. In this case the hoarders will be forced to plough back their holdings into a grumpy market when traders aren't exactly in the buying mood.

Gold bugs will start to get hurt this year or next. They'll stand resolutely by as the price drops to $900, $800, $700. However, eventually they'll come to the realization that they won't make their fortune this time and will be forced to sell, either by their broker's margin calls, or by their wife. Then the bottom will drop out on gold prices. There will be no safety net. Unlike with the stock market or house prices, the federal treasury will cheer mercilessly when gold prices start to plummet.

Comex Gold December 2009 puts are trading cheap at $620. There is a fortune to be made.

By John Handbury

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Is that guy in a drug and drink induced haze ?

I assume he is buying the stable US$ :D

Indians buying up gold?

Commentary: Gold bugs think Fed, other central banks making it available

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/pete...p;dist=hplatest

The second encouraging gold bugs: The lease rate for gold. This is the cost of borrowing gold. Thirty years ago, this was a detail, but with the huge expansion of lending to gold mining companies in the 1980s it became a big deal. In particular it was an important part of the argument of outfits like Gold Anti-Trust Association GATA which argued that secretive activity in the gold market by central banks was crucial to understanding what was happening with gold.

In the past few days a strange thing has happened. Australia's Privateer says, "the shorter term (one and two-month) rates have actually gone into negative territory this week."

In other words, gold is being supplied to the market by the central banks. Privateer goes on: "We do not recall a previous instance of this, and there certainly has not been one since the cold bull market began in 2001-02 ...

"We have not -- until now -- seen a situation in which the central banks are actually paying the bullion banks, hedge funds, gold miners et al to borrow the stuff. And please don't forget that, in this context, leasing gold is actually "shorting" gold. Gold is not "leased" to be hoarded, it is "leased" to be sold for something that pays a far higher rate of interest ... the practice of 'leasing gold -- and silver' by the central banks has been one of their best means of suppressing the prices of these precious metals for a long time."

Interestingly The Privateer's wonderful $US 5x3 Point and figure chart withstood this week's slump. See chart

Goldbug conclusion: Central banks, led surreptitiously by the Fed, are supplying physical gold to the market. And wise heads like the Indians are buying it.

Sorry to interrupt the thread but does anyone know where I could download the historical price of Gold in pounds sterling? I would like for as far back as is possible and monthly data would be fine. I'm looking to plot average UK house prices when priced in Gold to see if there is a historical average/trend. Perhaps this has already been done on HPC or here, but otherwise I think it would be very interesting

Thanks!

Goldfinger did post some figures for average UK house price in ounces of gold since the '50s on HPC.co.uk a few months ago, and, interesting coincidence, I did myself a similar chart a week or two ago from original house price/gold price source data[1].

Here's the result:

post-1176-1206923261_thumb.jpg

The average price over that fifty-odd year period is about 255 ounces of gold.

As has been mentioned, Goldfinger has previously stated the view that he's expecting 100oz houses before the end. Others are taking similar (and sometimes more extreme) views, e.g.:

When Do I Sell My Silver?

In this article, Robert 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' Kiyosaki is saying that he's expecting 40oz-gold houses and 500oz-silver houses (albeit in the US rather than the UK).

[1] Not that I don't trust Goldfinger, of course... :)

ok fine

that fellow member questioned me 3 times

i called him an idiot on the 3rd iteration, though i knew he was same immediately, on iteration 1

who owes who an apology?

people are risking eneormous sums here, time for some plain talk imo

the whole point of gold is wealth PRESERVATION

stick it in someone else's hand s and u lose the whole point, lmao, ever watch bogart???

especially now leaving your assets in other hands, in the crucible we are now whirling in, is madness

so pixelhattr, am i wrong that you are an idiot?

I don't know who is right or wrong (as I haven't been following the details of your altercation), but, regardless of who is the 'winner', I feel that in your last couple of replies, this thread took a small retrograde step towards one aspect of its HPC roots that it seemed to have managed up till now to leave behind.

gold putting in a good start to the week. It would be nice to see the end of this correction. (for me!) :rolleyes:

I was thinking that myself[1] -- when gold heads down straight away after the weekend, it immediately gives me the impression that some financial folks couldn't wait to get back to work on Monday and sell, sell, sell! ;)

[1] The first bit, not the second bit -- I'm more ambivalent about the short-term direction of gold as I wouldn't mind spending a bit more on it yet!

I don't know who is right or wrong (as I haven't been following the details of your altercation), but, regardless of who is the 'winner', I feel that in your last couple of replies, this thread took a small retrograde step towards one aspect of its HPC roots that it seemed to have managed up till now to leave behind.

Well said.

Take the handbags outside gentlemen.

i'm 49 and have been around the block

you are a complete idiot

Glad to be having such a pleasant informative discussion with you. I have emailed Goldmoney about this and will get back to you with their comments. There is no reason to become offensive in your comments. I am not an idiot, I have been running a well established business for twenty years. It is just that I don't believe that things will get as bad as you think.