I just can't believe gold isn't responding. For those who don't believe in manipulation of the market there is evidence right here and now. Oil blasting to new highs while gold and silver mysteriously start to drop.

You know, I think oil is just setting the scene for gold. Oil over $120 showing strength like this just CANT keep gold behind for long!

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

You know, I think oil is just setting the scene for gold. Oil over $120 showing strength like this just CANT keep gold behind for long!

RGLD up 87 cents today as well. Looks like folks *know* Gold is going higher... we just have to wait for the manipulators to tire.

Does anyone have any info on how the cost of oil impacts the cost of gold mining/production? I know it has a reasonable impact on silver.

RGLD up 87 cents today as well. Looks like folks *know* Gold is going higher... we just have to wait for the manipulators to tire.

Does anyone have any info on how the cost of oil impacts the cost of gold mining/production? I know it has a reasonable impact on silver.

I think Barrick recently said that they would need $700 per ounce to be cost effective in mining gold. Of course the beauty of royalgold is that rising costs aren't it's problem, it doesn't do the physical mining, it just takes profits from those who do. The royalties remain the same regardless of mining costs.

Oil has now officially gone insane, well over $138 as I write. Gold could be finally about to move, you're right about the manipulators, they are all that's holding it back right now. They're going to lose in the end.

Never mind though, they enabled me to buy lots of cut price gold and silver. The fools.

$900? Y/N

Y - maybe briefly, but I don't think it matters to be honest. The charade has ended and we'll be well over $900 this time next week. They lose. :lol:

Edit: Maybe N now. We definately need to get some of those oil buyers over into gold. They never know when to quit! Talk about a short squeeze!

f it

ive bought some more

strong dollar policy my a***

ok this guy puts it better than me

Strong Dollar Policy

Over the past two generations, the American government has launched many failed campaigns. To name just a few, there has been the war on drugs, the war on poverty, and the continued attempts to improve education. But the strong dollar policy must be seen as the poster child for all failed Federal policies. However, many in the market took cheer that the policy is now being greatly expanded. In an unprecedented move, the Fed Chairman is now adding his voice to the chorus and using the same rhetoric previously used by Treasury alone. That’s two people saying the words…not just one. A double barrel strong dollar policy!

As the administration is so fond of saying, a nation’s currency reflects the underlying strength of its economy, and in that sense can be seen as a nation’s economic report card. In truth, a strong currency is in the interest of every nation, just as good grades are in the interest of every student. Using this basic analogy, a flunking student cannot improve his grades by simply telling his parents, teachers, and fellow students that he has adopted a “straight A policy.” If his words are not accompanied by a change in actual behavior, whereby he stops cutting class, and starts studying more, his new policy is unlikely to achieve results. So long as his bad habits persist, the policy will not be any more effective simply because one of his friends chimes in.

In his speech this past Tuesday, Ben Bernanke finally admitted that the weakness in the dollar was contributing to both higher inflation and elevated inflation expectations. This stands in stark contrast to his recent testimony in front of the House Banking Committee, where in response to a question asked by Congressman Ron Paul, he confidently declared that the weakness of the dollar only effected Americans who travel abroad. It is amazing how little attention this complete reversal received.

You guys won't believe the things the missus and I have witnessed in the UK property market lately, should start a thread about it really as some of the anecdotes we have would send shivers down the backs of all but the most doom mongerish amongst you. Perhaps after we've moved next week and broadband has been re-established over at the new place which should be in mid June just before the real fireworks start hopefully...

I am looking forward to what you have to tell us.

900 before the day is out, IS again on the cards (898.65 just achieved). In either case, we're looking at almost a 3% jump in PoG today, despite whatever manipulations may have been going on to suppress the rise.

If this sanity remains next week, the run up to 1500+ could just have started!

With today's various market moves (big falls in employment and house prices, main indices and dollar tanking, oil up, PM up), one 'almost' starts to believe there is some common sense in the market for once: gawd knows its taken enough evidence and long enough for them to 'get it'. But where the hell, other than PM, can one put ones funds these days to retain value??

Can't wait to hear what Bush say's about all this in his speach later today - I almost feel sorry for the nerd!

They try to hold this big ball filled with air under the water. :lol:

EDIT: Someone with a big golden @$$ is sitting on $900.

The manipulators will have to rest at some point, then asia will probably make all of their effort worthless over the weekend.

Edit: Sanity 1 - Cartel 0. $900 finally breached.

The manipulators will have to rest at some point, then asia will probably make all of their effort worthless over the weekend.

Edit: Sanity 1 - Cartel 0. $900 finally breached.

The Shorterz are $h1tting themselves right now. The game is up!

They try to hold this big ball filled with air under the water. :lol:

EDIT: Someone with a big golden @$$ is sitting on $900.

This is exciting: ...its like watching a baloon getting more and more air pumped into it. The size doesn't grow (PoG hardly rises), whilst the pressure sure does. You know that any moment the thing will blow (i.e., the upward pressure on PoG will outstrip the PPT's ability to hold it down). The upward explosion in PoG will then be a beautiful thing to behold!

Edit: I should be driving home now, but I can't tear myself away from the 'puta - this is so much fun to watch

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

Buy Stocks as Investors `Misread' Jobs Report, JPMorgan Says

By Michael Patterson

June 6 (Bloomberg) -- The biggest rise in the unemployment rate since 1986 is an ``aberration'' and investors who sell equities today are ``completely misreading'' the outlook for economic growth, according to JPMorgan Chase & Co.

Yeah, right!

And buy real estate in the UK and California as well! :lol: :lol: What a mess!

Cheers. :)

A thread on a fake Sovereign on GIM. Maybe of interest to some of you as well.

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread.php?t=271336

I can't reply to the Thread over there as I am not registered, but could you post and tell them that the London minted sovereigns have no mint mark, only the sovereigns minted overseas have mint marks.

http://www.goldsovereigns.co.uk/mintsandmintmarks.html

London None 1817 - Date

Sydney S 1871 -1926

Melbourne M 1872 - 1931

Perth P 1899 - 1931

Ottawa C 1908 -1919

Bombay I 1918 -1918

Pretoria SA 1923 -1932

Thats been a great golden end to the working week. About time. I'm also quite heavy in Euros and they've done well on Thrichet's (hollow) threat of raising ECB rates. I still think the Euro is a bit "iffy" and I'm very indecisive of swapping to another currency. I'm sticking with the Euros for now as I sense a shift of power to the EU from the USA. Soros touched on it briefly in his "Age of Fallability" book. The USA ( read Bush) has blown its world sympathy after 9/11.

Sorry, a bit off thread.

I can't reply to the Thread over there as I am not registered, but could you post and tell them that the London minted sovereigns have no mint mark, only the sovereigns minted overseas have mint marks.

Done. What do you think about this 1927 SA Sovereign? Looks pretty fake to me. And what does "J21" mean? :unsure:

Done. What do you think about this 1927 SA Sovereign? Looks pretty fake to me. And what does "J21" mean? :unsure:

I'm not sure what that 'J21' means, I've never seen or heard of it before, I don't think that it should be there and I cannot find any information about it in the Spinks catalogue. It looks like its been stamped on using individual letter and number stamps because they are not stamped in an even line. The poster says that its passed the fisch test, so it could be real but the fact its been stamped with J21 will have meant that its lost its bullion status and will only be traded at its scrap value 75% of spot price. It may have been recovered from jewelery where the reverse side (st George) would have been hidden.

Edit: Actually looking at the picture it looks like a fake to me, the sword is completely different from this 1928 coin, the picture is about the same size so it easy to spot the difference.

http://www.goldsovereigns.co.uk/pretoriamintsouthafrica.html