If it was true...

+ It is probably only amongst the most active on this thread,

+ It would make GEI amongst the most Gold-friendly web communities on the planet

Most of my savings are in gold (mainly by accident, not design but I'm happy with it) and solid gold love hearts best sum up my views:

su_gold_heart_lrg.jpg

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

All ties are rediculous IMO and one day will finally be unfashionable and then people will look back and see how stupid they look. Its like wearing a hangmans noose round your neck under threat as if you are a slave! Maybe thats why its compulsary to wear one in many workplaces.

Not compulsory for women though. Vest tops and flip-flops are ok for women whilst men have to suffer with their body heat trapped by their top button.

All ties are rediculous IMO and one day will finally be unfashionable and then people will look back and see how stupid they look. Its like wearing a hangmans noose round your neck under threat as if you are a slave! Maybe thats why its compulsary to wear one in many workplaces.

Dislike ties, but I have to admit I regret hats went out of fashion. I heard the reason for this was a president, not sure which, made a public appearance without one and the industry died quicker than you could say "mad hatter". :rolleyes:

I think gold will go down (450) in 12 months, and then double from there (900) over the subsequent 1-3 years. So if I'm right with that prediction, I'd ike to buy near the bottom, and double my money.

But buying and holding from here would only bring a 50% benefit.

Of course, we could all be wrong, and gold might only go down from here, and never get above 600 again for many, many years.

So I'm taking a calculated gamble... If I get it wrong I don't loose any money, but if I get it right I double my money.

Alternatively it could just go up from here, talk of £450 gold seems wishful thinking to me. We have been in a year and half long battle to get through $1000, what makes you think that it will be still going down?

None of the problems seem to be getting sorted, they actually just seem to be getting worse. Towards the end of the year inflation will get a boost as the old 17.5% VAT rate kicks back in. All the additional liquidity which is being created by QE has got to have an effect at some point, they won't be able to remove it as quick as they made it.

me too - i honestly don't think it happen.

I agree. Gold is the barometer. When things are "stable" "again", its price will drop.

Until then, I can't see it going down more than, say, 10%.

I think gold will go down (450) in 12 months, and then double from there (900) over the subsequent 1-3 years. So if I'm right with that prediction, I'd ike to buy near the bottom, and double my money.

Kudos to you for sticking to your guns and aiming to finesse a further holding in gold. And thanks for taking the time to detail your thinking and plans for the future.

For the vast majority of folks such as myself who just dont have the time to trade with pin-point accuracy, setting aside a set proportion of take home salary to buy gold each and every month from here till lift-off may prove to be more effective. My gut instinct and education provided through members of this site and links out to articles from here tells me that we in the UK are in for a king hell of an inflationary fire storm. No one can say precisely when this will occur but I want to be prepared starting from now. If you don't have a position in gold/silver when this thing kicks off you will most likely experience extreme financial pain.

Till then gold will still perform ok as perceptions swing from deflation to inflation and back. I trade the gold/silver ratio to a limited degree to capitalise on these swings. Profits are booked in gold.

Of course, we could all be wrong, and gold might only go down from here, and never get above 600 again for many, many years.

So I'm taking a calculated gamble... If I get it wrong I don't loose any money, but if I get it right I double my money.

If you get it wrong with your calculated gamble you will not lose any money, barring banking default, but your money will be worth less.

I am looking for some better coin boxes to protect my gold coins. I currently have these plastic tubes that can hold 10 coins but I have lots of naps folded in paper. What do you use guys use and where can I purchase them?

thanks.

I wrap my silver coins in cling film and store them in MDF boxes I made myself.

IMO the best solution is coin capsules in a PVC tube.

I am looking for some better coin boxes to protect my gold coins. I currently have these plastic tubes that can hold 10 coins but I have lots of naps folded in paper. What do you use guys use and where can I purchase them?

thanks.

thanks.

I use the acrylic coin capsules made by lighthouse, different sizes are available for each coin.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trk...-All-Categories

Gold-C$1,000 is a good level to watch

1250131350053464800.png

If it touches there, or approaches closely, I will be buying heavily.

This chart suggests to me that the potential takeoff point is coming much closer.

(see the red MA line in the PPO section at the top)

If you get it wrong with your calculated gamble you will not lose any money, barring banking default, but your money will be worth less.

In economics, money illusion refers to the tendency of people to think of currency in nominal, rather than real, terms. In other words, the numerical/face value (nominal value) of money is mistaken for its purchasing power (real value). This is a fallacy as modern fiat currencies have no inherent value and their real value is derived from their ability to be exchanged for goods and used for payment of taxes.

The term was coined by John Maynard Keynes in the early twentieth century, and Irving Fisher wrote an important book on the subject, The Money Illusion, in 1928.[1] The existence of money illusion is disputed by monetary economists who contend that people act rationally (i.e. think in real prices) with regard to their wealth. Shafir, Diamond and Tversky (1997) have provided compelling empirical evidence for the existence of the effect and it has been shown to affect behaviour in a variety of experimental and real world situations.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_illusion

Yes, I think it should be obvious that money illusion persists and "cuts both ways". Inflationary eras have no monopoly on it.

I wrap my silver coins in cling film and store them in MDF boxes I made myself.

You can use Cling film or PVC zip baggies for a few months but get the majority of the air out of the bag and store them in the dark, it is sunlight that causes the bag to release hydrochloric acid, best is either an Air-Tite acrylic capsule or an original Mint Mylar plastic tube. Do not store silver coins in paper envelopes, coin albums or the harder plastic flips as they are only good for circulation coins.

My "Swing Indicator" suggests that Gold (GLD) is a dangerous buy now

1250151620006535700.jpg

/see:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=7266

The price action gets exaggerated if Commercials shorts vary from 68%.

They were last week at 71.1% which is definitely on the high end, indicating that

Commercials are more happy than usual to be short gold. They usually get it right

at extremes.

I am looking for reasons to buy Gold now, since the seasonal window has a limited number

of days left, but I find this to be off-putting.

I am looking for reasons to buy Gold now, since the seasonal window has a limited number

Hasnt Prechter just said that we'd all be surprised by how low gold could fall? For the time being I am holding off...and getting in a few dollars instead.

Hasnt Prechter just said that we'd all be surprised by how low gold could fall? For the time being I am holding off...and getting in a few dollars instead.

Prechter has been bearish about gold for years, since about $400 I believe. So he and all that follow him have missed 120% gain. He will be wrong again this time :)

Average in over the next few weeks to reduce your risk rather than buying all in a single purchase. If the price falls you can take advantage of the lower price, if the price rises then the earlier purchases will have been bargins.

thanks.

Thanks for your input.

thanks.

I am currently developing a box to hold bullion coins. Please see attachments. These will hopefully be on sale in the winter. Each coin will have their own capsule. There will be 20 capsules to a tray and 5 trays in the box, so each box can hold 100 coins. I may develop these boxes further for larger investors, perhaps to hold tubes.

I am also considering marketing the investment boxes already containing silver coins from around the world. I am hoping to sell these through mass market retail chains.

Any feedback would be very welcome.

Thanks.

post-2913-1250189281_thumb.jpg

post-2913-1250189292_thumb.jpg