You're suggesting the joining fees are an investment. If the information is so trustworthy, why don't you trade an ounce of gold and see how many ounces you can turn it in to? I would be interested in your progress.

I am thinking about possibly joining later in the year, swampy offered to go in with me (although he's doing me a favour really with his knowledge level)

I reckon though that the next year or 2 will probably be the most difficult years to trade for the next few decades, so probably not the best time to risk take, even if they are calculated.

Perhaps I use that as a stepping stone to see what happens, then look to make some cash after 2011 ??

the problem is I don't want to be glued to a computer screen for 24/7.......much like I am now....hang on a mo..... :rolleyes:

I really enjoy the geo-politics & history immensely, you learn so much, especially from the history side of things.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Thanks for that GF. Would you buy the discounted kruggers as opposed to Maples/Nuggets? The price difference is about US$50.

If you want the bullion, go for the cheapest option. If you want to play with them as well every now and then, then you might also want some pretty ones.

I have some pretty ones. :)

Goad, why?

Because he's an immature t*sser who's sent me a personal message today so I can take his troll bait - give him some abuse so he can then complian to the moderators that I used bad language and I get banned. Typical troll tactics, but note the use of asterisks - you read what you want to read.

Basically it's another round of sh*t stirring by GEI's favourite sh*t stirrer - he does'nt give a damn what it does to your gold thread, he's out to point score, disrupt the forum and drive away quality posters from GEI as you can see.

Think of who you havn't seen on GEI for a while and wonder why?

Remind yourself what the forum used to be like and why you first came here.

If I get a ban from one of the mods then that's the end of my relationship with GEI as far as I am concerned - I'll be moving on rather than staying here trying to help make the site better.

Edit:

I am thinking about possibly joining later in the year, swampy offered to go in with me (although he's doing me a favour really with his knowledge level).

Yes, we all know about you and your hero swampy and how he's influenced your postings on GEI since he was banned.

Because he's an immature t*sser who's sent me a personal message today so I can take his troll bait - give him some abuse so he can then complian to the moderators that I used bad language and I get banned. Typical troll tactics, but note the use of asterisks - you read what you want to read.

Basically it's another round of sh*t stirring by GEI's favourite sh*t stirrer - he does'nt give a damn what it does to your gold thread, he's out to point score, disrupt the forum and drive away quality posters from GEI as you can see.

If I get a ban from one of the mods then that's the end of my relationship with GEI as far as I am concerned - I'll be moving on rather than staying here trying to help make the site better.

I have never complained to any mod....ever.

I sent you a link to my post in case you missed it. Nothing else was in that post, please feel free to repost it, you have my permission.

How's your trades going btw ?

oh, forgot to ask you, what did you think of my prediction ? :D

Hi GF.

How about this thread gets renamed The Gumbo Thread?

Do you know what I mean?

I sense something bad, but I don't have time for this cr@p at the moment. I just try to do some reading here to relax a little before I put in another 2h for my work.

Edit:

Yes, we all know about you and your hero swampy and how he's influenced your postings on GEI since he was banned.

+11

I sense something bad, but I don't have time for this cr@p at the moment. I just try to do some reading here to relax a little before I put in another 2h for my work.

I can relate to that...I read here normally more than I post to hopefully learn as well as relax.

Anticipate significant action in the Asian markets overnight .....need to stay bright eyed & bushy tailed.

Edging in a buy order at 1026 although there is not much between where we are now and 1005.....

What`s your prediction Gumbo?

I have no problem GF with that name tbh & would prefer you not to suspend him. All is fair in love & war. :)

It's not a matter of what you want, it's a matter of what I think is appropriate.

Wottwotril has been naughty over the past couple of days. Others have been naughty too, especially on the naughty thread, but I have to make a start somewhere. Catflap better also keeps it a little bit down for the rest of tonight, and you GOM please also behave and don't try to summon the ghost of Swampy. And let's not hope fitkid comes in and posts 5 images that carry secret or not so secret messages.

OK, so now back to gold. I sense that some people hurt today? I couldn't care less about this move. I am only annoyed that I cannot buy as I would like to right now. People who have invested larger sums in gold have to get used to the fact that their 'investment' can go up or down multiples of their monthly income within a few hours. If you have done your research you know this. The fundamentals are unchanged. Nothing of any relevance happened today in my opinion. Yes, the pressure on Greece increased, but so what? We know that the Euro has its problems, but that does not mean that those of the USD will go away. These currencies are all swirling in a bowl, waiting to get flushed down to the next level. Gold is your lifeboat.

It's not a matter of what you want, it's a matter of what I think is appropriate.

Wottwotril has been naughty over the past couple of days. Others have been naughty too, especially on the naughty thread, but I have to make a start somewhere. Catflap better also keeps it a little bit down for the rest of tonight, and you GOM please also behave and don't try to summon the ghost of Swampy. And let's not hope fitkid comes in and posts 5 images that carry secret or not so secret messages.

OK, so now back to gold. I sense that some people hurt today? I couldn't care less about this move. I am only annoyed that I cannot buy as I would like to right now. People who have invested larger sums in gold have to get used to the fact that their 'investment' can go up or down multiples of their monthly income within a few hours. If you have done your research you know this. The fundamentals are unchanged. Nothing of any relevance happened today in my opinion. Yes, the pressure on Greece increased, but so what? We know that the Euro has its problems, but that does not mean that those of the USD will go away. These currencies are all swirling in a bowl, waiting to get flushed down to the next level. Gold is your lifeboat.

ok fair points.