• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

All this talk of levels and prices. Sod the levels/prices.

Gold is money. The ultimate form. Insurance. At the current time there is nothing else better.

What percentage of your investments are held in physical Gold?

Hope this isn't to personal a question?

Others please feel free to reveal your % Gold holding?

Regards

ML.

I'm also a cat lover, but please keep Tiddles away from Maples and other .9999's unless you want scratches all over your precious coins!

We must all be bored waiting for the next wave of the cycle to start if we are down to discussing dog or cat, trouble is we could be waiting a few months if the pennant on the GBPUSD monthly chart is anything to go by

pennant.jpg

By the way the answer is always dog :D

Paper gold won't do it. People want the real stuff.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=abFClrv2Oqq8

U.K.’s Royal Mint Doubles Production of Gold Coins (Update2)

By Thomas Biesheuvel and Nicholas Larkin

Feb. 2 (Bloomberg) -- The U.K.’s Royal Mint, established in the 13th century, more than doubled gold-coin production last year as investors sought to diversify their assets and hedge against a weaker dollar and accelerating inflation.

Paper gold won't do it. People want the real stuff.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=abFClrv2Oqq8

I feel that you are so right on that, somebody posted a list the other day of government holdings of physical, wouldn't be a shock if the current paper currencies are destroyed by hyperinflation, to be replaced by a "New World" gold backed or percentaged backed currency.Dollar debt/bonds to be say rebased to 25000:1 to the "new" one. Just remind me who holds the most physical gold in the world, and who holds the most Dollar paper debt and least gold?

Regards

ML.

Most of the Fort Knox hoard is in the secret underground vaults of the Rothschilds and Rockerfellers. The same goes for most of the other central banks gold supplies 'swapped' into the market over the years. At least, that what I heard.

I would say it was far more relevant to this thread than arrogant crowing about how well you have done with a company that has f&ck all to do with gold!

On the contrary, it is an example of how people are programmed to concentrate something irrelevent, such as gold, and ignore something incredibly valuable, such as someone looking to buy up all of something for £3.29 that you can currently buy for £2.80

Noticing that CoinInvestDIRECT BUY price (the one they will pay you to sell to them) is above spot just now.

I wonder if this is starting to indicate a 1oz coin shortage?

e.g. SPOT GOLD: £697.90/oz

CID:

BUY         NETTO       BRUTTO
Nugget 2010, 1 oz, Gold             31.10 Gramm      £702.70      £744.24      £744.24 
Philharmoniker 2010, 1 oz Gold      31.10 Gramm      £700.99      £744.24      £744.24 
Maple Leaf 2010, 1oz Gold           31.10 Gramm      £704.41      £742.46      £742.46 
Krugerrand 2010, 1 oz, Gold         31.10 Gramm      £704.41      £754.57      £754.57

Noticing that CoinInvestDIRECT BUY price (the one they will pay you to sell to them) is above spot just now.

I wonder if this is starting to indicate a 1oz coin shortage?

e.g. SPOT GOLD: £697.90/oz

CID:

BUY         NETTO       BRUTTO
Nugget 2010, 1 oz, Gold             31.10 Gramm      £702.70      £744.24      £744.24 
Philharmoniker 2010, 1 oz Gold      31.10 Gramm      £700.99      £744.24      £744.24 
Maple Leaf 2010, 1oz Gold           31.10 Gramm      £704.41      £742.46      £742.46 
Krugerrand 2010, 1 oz, Gold         31.10 Gramm      £704.41      £754.57      £754.57

What I find interested about those prices is that the buy price for Maples and Nuggets is the same as for Kruggrands. However the fineness for Maples and Nuggets is 999.9 but 916.6 for Krugerrands. In Hong Kong, the prices are not the same with the Kruggerand selling/buying for around US$50 less.

Why would someone buy Kruggers (with less gold content) than maples/nuggets if they are selling at the same price or conversely why would someone sell them at the same price?

What I find interested about those prices is that the buy price for Maples and Nuggets is the same as for Kruggrands. However the fineness for Maples and Nuggets is 999.9 but 916.6 for Krugerrands. In Hong Kong, the prices are not the same with the Kruggerand selling/buying for around US$50 less.

Why would someone buy Kruggers (with less gold content) than maples/nuggets if they are selling at the same price or conversely why would someone sell them at the same price?

They all have the same gold content, 1 troy ounce or 31.1grams. Its just that the krugerrand has some copper in it as well which makes it larger and slightly heavier than 31.1g.

I think you'll find that the Kruggers and maples/nuggets both have the same AMOUNT of gold in them (gold content). 1 Troy ounce. The difference in price comes with the popularity/mintage/desirability/aesthetics/collectors value of lets say nuggets over Kruggerands. Many people consider Kruggers 'ugly' coins and tarnished by memories of aparteid etc...Thus the buy price is the same, 1 troy ounce of gold. Some people like the fact that some coins are 999.9 rather than 999.5 or 916.6 but it just means that they are softer and easier to be damaged.

When buying gold coins, unless you are into numismatics, (and there IS a time for that but not now perhaps) always buy the cheapest IF you are thinking about re-selling them in the future. One ouce of gold bullion is one ounce of gold bullion. You'll only get spot or there abouts whether it be a Krugger or anything else. If you cna buy them for 50 dollars off in HK, then I would load up with them.