• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

The lower trend on that graph does not look very convincing at being able to hold 1000.

Edit: But i can see the lehmans saga might account for the fall below this trend earlier

Yes, I think it would take a similiar panic and another round of forced deleveraging to see gold convincingly break that line again. I still think we could briefly see a 3 digit price again soon though.

GOM, any idea why all his posts have been deleted from his profile?

I see what you mean SOTT.

If you go to the users profile & click on 'posts' it shows nothing, same goes for 'topics'

I checked my profile & it lists my most recent posts under the 'posts' tab......

If you do a search for 'cgnao' as a user, then select 'all posts', it does return threads with his posts on.

Can an admin clarify please ?

Sinclair could be cutting it a bit fine with his timing. The next spike to 1650 could be 2 years away.

sinclair.gif

Or on the other hand we could not be finished yet. Increasing price = increasing volatility and larger mid run corrections.

sinclair.jpg

Pixel8rs-Lines-11.jpg

I see what you mean SOTT.

If you go to the users profile & click on 'posts' it shows nothing, same goes for 'topics'

I checked my profile & it lists my most recent posts under the 'posts' tab......

I am wondering if he has had his account disabled? hence the difference on the 'users' profile tabs, in other words they are not available if the account has been suspended etc ? <_<

edited

ah ha:

* Hard deleted - physically remove post/topic from DB with no traces and no way to restore

* Soft deleted - Remove the topic/post from public view, but all the admins and mods can still see it in the topic view. They also slim it down so that only the user's nick is visible, with a thin line going across to the right, where there is a "Manage" link or a "View" link which would allow you to undelete it (restore it back into public view the way it was) or make other changes (like delete the attachments uploaded in that post)

* Moderated - Similar to IPB's inactive/invisible

has this been done admin team ??

The lower trend on that graph does not look very convincing at being able to hold 1000.

Edit: But i can see the lehmans saga might account for the fall below this trend earlier

The chart is possibly not very useful since not in log-format. Here a better version:

http://gold.approximity.com/gold-silver_watch.html

Gold_USD_LOG_GUESS.png

Or on the other hand we could not be finished yet. Increasing price = increasing volatility and larger mid run corrections.

sinclair.jpg

Pixel8rs-Lines-11.jpg

A strengthening dollar suggests differently. It depends on where the dollar goes here... if it continues to strengthen, gold will continue to consolidate.

d2.gif

newgold.gif

Edited to add second chart.

A strengthening dollar suggests differently. It depends on where the dollar goes here... if it continues to strengthen, gold will continue to consolidate.

d2.gif

See this - http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....st&p=154241

Sinclair could be cutting it a bit fine with his timing. The next spike to 1650 could be 2 years away.

sinclair.gif

Why did you select that start date for your chart? why not from the start of the bull market?

I am not expecting an answer as you have failed to answer my previous question.

Chart looks highly selective to me.

Don't know if this has been posted before, but tis a good article:

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article3753.html

How High Can Gold Go Before Peaking - Gold Dow Jones Ratio Important Indicator

"The problem is that the target is moving; it moves approximately with the rate of inflation."

yep some fans of his on here

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....ost&p=44396

FWIW I think Gold and the miners are ready to turn...up!

Yeah i agree bought another load of physical on yesterday pm fix £671.85 Thought i might have caught the low but todays am fix was £670.64 but pm fix was £672.42 trading closed at £675.29.

Felt good getting rid of another load of that toilet paper for somethiong with real intrinsic value.At each buying point over the last couple of years i have had to pay £100.00 more per oz so lets see where she blows over the next 12 months

I am wondering if he has had his account disabled? hence the difference on the 'users' profile tabs, in other words they are not available if the account has been suspended etc ? <_<

has this been done admin team ??

Hi GOM,

His account looks intact from this end. I very much doubt anyone has interfered with it. Maybe the board software has a time limit on viewing posts or automatically 'minimises' users who haven't posted for a while?

I'm sure he will be back soon for a little more fun.

Sylvester

Hi GOM,

His account looks intact from this end. I very much doubt anyone has interfered with it. Maybe the board software has a time limit on viewing posts or automatically 'minimises' users who haven't posted for a while?

I'm sure he will be back soon for a little more fun.

Sylvester

ok thanks for the reply sylvester.

Why did you select that start date for your chart? why not from the start of the bull market?

I am not expecting an answer as you have failed to answer my previous question.

Chart looks highly selective to me.

:lol:

If he'd selected october 08 it would look even further away, He's actually being quite generous, a big blow out is always (in my experience) preceded by a high level of chaotic price movement, I think he's probably being a bit too generous even continuing the trend, Its probably going to end up something like oil, drop some high double digit percentage through its lower support, rebound back to it (oil support, via Russia, was and still is $70 last time I checked) and sit there for a couple of years.

:lol:

If he'd selected october 08 it would look even further away, He's actually being quite generous, a big blow out is always (in my experience) preceded by a high level of chaotic price movement, I think he's probably being a bit too generous even continuing the trend, Its probably going to end up something like oil, drop some high double digit percentage through its lower support, rebound back to it (oil support, via Russia, was and still is $70 last time I checked) and sit there for a couple of years.

I think the tendency is for people to be either far too bullish or far too bearish on gold. I like the idea of a middle way, a golden mean of sorts, where gold slowly stengthens in the aggregate on the fundamentals while reversing/ consolidating at times on market dynamics.

I think the tendency is for people to be either far too bullish or far too bearish on gold. I like the idea of a middle way, a golden mean of sorts, where gold slowly stengthens on the fundamentals while reversing/ consolidating at times on market dynamics.

My problem with gold (and oil) is the component parts of its fundamentals are so very very complicated, its not like say, Northumbrian water shares, where you can spot insider trading a couple of months in advance of a taker over bid, or NRK/LEH shares, where you can pull up their balance sheet and get a good idea of the impact of the credit crunch on their bottom line.

Its all flaky ifs, maybes and 1st/2nd/3rd order derivatives of the entire global economy.