you're wasting your time you know. I hate to say it but you have to call it a day sometimes CJ. The keymakers have the power.

The picture below sums up the fiat shouters & gold doubters™. ;)

one of cgnao's & my favourites:

Pissing-into-the-windW.jpg

Big brother exists everywhere!

Gold action looking tasty today! - keeping it on topic as I had been till I got my warning.

I'd love to know who reported me I have no idea who it would be :lol:

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Even so, you'd have to agree that it is quite a limit to your options not to be able to [forget about want here] hold onto dollars for more than a few months. I have been pressured to buy bullion recently at GM... right when the price is declining.

I certainly will not be sending any more funds to GM.

Interesting. Maybe they just don't like US dollars. I have been holding CanuckBucks (aka CAD$) in GM -- with nary a breath of complaint -- for several months now. (Waiting to buy more in the crash! :)

I like GM. I also did a hassle-free transfer to an account I have in a foreign country. Piece of cake. It was the first time I tried this and I was very pleased. I'll stick with GM.

I find it a pain in the @$$ that I regularly have to fund BV or sell gold to pay for the account fees.

? I have held gold in BV for two years and sold gold, withdrawn cash without paying any fees yet, although I owe them some money. They dont seem to be bothered about it.

Waht transgression? what are you talking about?

I am suggesting that there are some forums (no names) where although it appears that free debate is permissible, if you cross the invisible line, you will be reprimanded or banned. If you continue to tell the truth, you will be banned again!!

I'm half with you on this one, it was more than a thought crime, but freedom of speech has been curtailed it would seem.

My post above has been reported and I have been warned again!!

Can nobody say anything they believe to be true on this website?

What thoughtcrime does this come under this time?

Crazy

So did the Harvard prof have the foresight to make the killer trade? :)

I agree with you that there are better trades out there [i like silver]... Personally, I think trading gold is a waste of time.... but I will accumulate it, that is, take profits from other trades in the accumulation of gold ounces....which makes sense with the liquidity pyramid in mind.

While I was there in 05, the medium term strategy we came up with was short builders, banks and interest rates, long copper, he undoubtably made even more than I did, because he was also managing other peoples money and had a BBerg terminal.

I dunno. But it would make sense from their perspective to forward buy on the dips in anticipation of orders if the trend is upwards, wouldn't it? However, such a tactic would not be so clever if the POG reversed to a down trend. An enforced 3 month max for holding cash would limit any losses and also generally encourage full investment for fear of running out of time.

You tell me!

I think it would make more sense for GM to buy as little gold as they can get away with and take a little more risk than the holders of GM accounts would wish (aka moral hazard) especially when the Jersey version of the FSA really don't care whether what they stick in their annual report bares any semblance of truth (which, imho is one of the reasons they are so reluctant to give it out).

Once its held "as gold" they can trade the noise as much as they want, just like any other money changer, slightly more risky doing that with highly liquid funds, there is nothing, afaict, stopping the likes of GM or BV offering out of spot price, I'd be more worried if their bid/offer gap was expanding.

My actual guess is they are actually an arm of Baird & Co. Limited, so basically all they are doing is selling the gold they refine themselves, just like the bankers of old.

If they are short they can always buy and refine off j6P for well below spot via junk cos like "Cash4Gold" or "GoldBuyerMan"

I am suggesting that there are some forums (no names) where although it appears that free debate is permissible, if you cross the invisible line, you will be reprimanded or banned. If you continue to tell the truth, you will be banned again!!

Oh I am sorry I got the wrong end of the stick yes I agree I think I can name at least one.

Ssshh.

If I say I love paper will I get rehabilitated?

When I mentioned that I thought it might be possible that some forums are filling up with paid paper pushers masquerading as gold lovers who always tell you to wait until it has fallen in price to nearly zero - I obviously didn't mean it.

There thats better.

Gold having a strong day silver having an even better day.

Oh I am sorry I got the wrong end of the stick yes I agree I think I can name at least one.

Ssshh.

If I say I love paper will I get rehabilitated?

When I mentioned that I thought it might be possible that some forums are filling up with paid paper pushers masquerading as gold lovers who always tell you to wait until it has fallen in price to nearly zero - I obviously didn't mean it.

There thats better.

Gold having a strong day silver having an even better day.

Hey, C.J.,

Look, I don't think there is any point in your getting paranoid.

I haven't a clue who reported your post, but it is possible that it had more to do with your allegations of trolling than your derogatory references to paper money.

Either way, so what?

I like to read your posts - I like to read everyone's posts - so why bother so long as you can continue to post?

Just ignore it.....

...and keep posting.

All the best and I hope your strategy works for you in the long run.

As you may have discerned from my posts, I'm still undecided re gold, at least, anything above a diversification style 10% of portfolio.

But I'm open to being convinced - which is why I like to read both pro and anti gold-bug posts.

So just keep posting......!

Edit: diversifaction???!!! Good lord, my typing gets worse by the day! Substitute diversification.

Hey, C.J.,

Look, I don't think there is any point in your getting paranoid.

I haven't a clue who reported your post, but it is possible that it had more to do with your allegations of trolling than your derogatory references to paper money.

Either way, so what?

I like to read your posts - I like to read everyone's posts - so why bother so long as you can continue to post?

Just ignore it.....

...and keep posting.

All the best and I hope your strategy works for you in the long run.

As you may have discerned from my posts, I'm still undecided re gold, at least, anything above a diversifaction style 10% of portfolio.

But I'm open to being convinced - which is why I like to read both pro and anti gold-bug posts.

So just keep posting......!

Cheers agan.

Have you thought about nibbling at some goldshares? with say 5% history says they'll outperform gold its a rocky road but great fun.

Maybe some pound dollar cost averaging.

Remember that the situation now is not the same as the 08/09 crash central bankers have made that clear they are backstopping the system. The next panic will be a sovereign crisis which brings in to question currencies and the issuing of paper money which will be stratospheric for gold.

Remember now that no corporations will be allowed to go broke it is states that will go under from now its all changed since QE.

Ta again.

Crazy

I think if you could avoid describing other members as shills and saying the management are crazy while imagining you are being persecuted and implying that there is a group of you watching for this sort of thing (way too creepy) you might find your life is easier on the board

I'm half with you on this one, it was more than a thought crime, but freedom of speech has been curtailed it would seem.

I'll end this with one statement of fact:

A well known poster and possibly a mod directly called another poster a troll during the weekend they are still posting.

It is not a question of what people say on this site but of who says it.

I think if you could avoid describing other members as shills and saying the management are crazy while imagining you are being persecuted whilst implying that there is a group of you watching for this sort of thing (way too creepy) you might find your life is easier on the board

I am being singled out as my post above shows.

A well known poster and possibly a mod directly called another poster a troll during the weekend they are still posting.

well this happened to both of us last time didn't it.

I don't even know why I was banned, never got an explanation either.

There are always double standards in life, this site highlights this for everyone to see. Really TPTB on this site has done us a favour tbh. They have clumsily done what we were trying to show. I was surprised by the lack of support TPTB recieved when it happened ;) , even by posters who don't see eye to eye with us, they chose not to comment, that was very gracious imo & that's why I thanked them.

If that was the one directed at me, I wouldn't of reported it because I'm made of sterner stuff than that.

Heck I thrive on the stuff.

Its all to boring having to watch your Ps and Qs all the time.

I had no idea that calling someone a troll was not pc anymore. :) Anyway, I guess the point here is that accusations of any kind should be specific and polite. I called someone specific a troll, and I stayed polite as well, I think. For instance, hypothetically if I thought that you were a government agent paid to create uncertainty about gold in investors minds, then I could directly and politely tell you so (using your name). Most likely you would say no anyway. Then I could politely respond that if I was the government and needed such an agent, I would possibly try to hire you from what I read on the forum. I would be astonished if that lead to banning.

Its all very strange.

Maybe someone reading this:

So long as Fiat money is easier to create than gold

Thought you were alluding to being some master forger?

Cos last time I checked its much easier for me to add gold to the gold supply (go to some river and siv it out) than it is for me to print £ notes.

Its all very strange.

Maybe someone reading this:

So long as Fiat money is easier to create than gold

Thought you were alluding to being some master forger?

Cos last time I checked its much easier for me to add gold to the gold supply (go to some river and siv it out) than it is for me to print £ notes.

"siv"???

Lol!

Did you read that Willem Buiter article I linked.

I found it very interesting.

Edited to add:

Re "siv"...

Perhaps that was a very clever reference to SIVs and nothing to do with them there mesh thingies....!

I had no idea that calling someone a troll was not pc anymore. :) Anyway, I guess the point here is that accusations of any kind should be specific and polite. I called someone specific a troll, and I stayed polite as well, I think. For instance, hypothetically if I thought that you were a government agent paid to create uncertainty about gold in investors minds, then I could directly and politely tell you so (using your name). Most likely you would say no anyway. Then I could politely respond that if I was the government and needed such an agent, I would possibly try to hire you from what I read on the forum. I would be astonished if that lead to banning.

Calling someone a troll is still acceptable in better parts of the internet it is only here.

Interestingly I read the founding constitution of the internet the other day the guy who wrote it would be none too pleased with the censorship on this site.

The internet was not a place designed to shut people up I think the mods ned to reasses what they are doing here and why they are turning this forum in to a mnirror image of the state we live in..

$1,100 up up and away.

If that was the one directed at me, I wouldn't of reported it because I'm made of sterner stuff than that.

Heck I thrive on the stuff.

Its all to boring having to watch your Ps and Qs all the time.

Good to hear, It wasn't directed at you and to be honest if anyone is senstive about being a troll the chances are they probably ...............

I enjoy your posting rarely agree but that would be as dull as ditchwater if we all got on.

$1,101 gotta keep it on topic.

"siv"???

Lol!

Did you read that Willem Buiter article I linked.

I found it very interesting.

Edited to add:

Re "siv"...

Perhaps that was a very clever reference to SIVs and nothing to do with them there mesh thingies....!

had a glance through it, he's a bit off on his Latin translation.

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....ost&p=98114

He's only a year behind tho, which aint to bad by FT standards.

Good to hear, It wasn't directed at you and to be honest if anyone is senstive about being a troll the chances are they probably ...............

I enjoy your posting rarely agree but that would be as dull as ditchwater if we all got on.

$1,101 gotta keep it on topic.

:lol: I was referring to that ____ GF calling me a troll over the weekend.

Did someone else do it too?

Crazy

I actually thought it was a very good, honest and true post CJ.

Whatever it is AliveandKicking is doing here...he's not doing it very well.

I couldn't quite work RH out for a while, but his posts today and over the weekend have been excellent.

By the way where is DrBubb?? I'm up on the platform of the Titanic feeling another chill in the air and Bubb is nowhere to be seen? :unsure: