SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the image you can't tell too much. Some silver bars look very white on photos. I am not sure what (silver plated?) lead would look like. If they're fakes, they have to be older fakes. It could be worth the gamble. 45 min to go, but not exactly close to spot yet! :lol:

GBP 129 now. If there is only some silver in it, someone's gonna make a lot of money. If it's lead, oh well... :o

EDIT: 131 - it's picking up. Hmmm, I am really tempted...

I expect gold and hence silver to be supported by euroinvestors, who have seen the gold price

finally rise late last week over the barrier of 970 Euros/ounch. Currently 1012, not too far off from

base support.

I expect this correction to be small and brief.

From the image you can't tell too much. Some silver bars look very white on photos. I am not sure what (silver plated?) lead would look like. If they're fakes, they have to be older fakes. It could be worth the gamble. 45 min to go, but not exactly close to spot yet! :lol:

"therefore I cannot state the purity of these bars"

Hmmm....

GBP 129 now. If there is only some silver in it, someone's gonna make a lot of money. If it's lead, oh well... :o

EDIT: 131 - it's picking up. Hmmm, I am really tempted...

Well I decided in the end to give it a go but was well below the final price. Somebody just bought some very cheap silver or very expensive lead.

Well I decided in the end to give it a go but was well below the final price. Somebody just bought some very cheap silver or very expensive lead.

Me too. I only went to £250 for a punt, though.

(There's a local church just been visited by Gypsies & I thought I might help them out ;) )

Me too. I only went to £250 for a punt, though.

(There's a local church just been visited by Gypsies & I thought I might help them out ;) )

I'm using ebay quite a bit for PM buying. Makes me wonder about how many times in the past GEI members have bid against each other.

Perhaps there should be an ebay thread on GEI.

JL

I'm using ebay quite a bit for PM buying. Makes me wonder about how many times in the past GEI members have bid against each other.

Perhaps there should be an ebay thread on GEI.

JL

Probably quite a bit, including just then - for the "very rare and unusual" bars (a specific gravity of 11.35 is very unusual for silver!!)

Is no-one going to own up to it then???

Here is in comparison the Volkswagen short squeeze of '08. The intraday high was over 1000. It took only 1-2 days to get there up from 200 IIRC. So, for instance, silver could easily go to 100 if that happened.

94684742.png

I can't help it, but this looks like the textbook beginning of a commercial signal failure to me.

http://gold.approximity.com/since1999/Silver_USD_LOG.html

Silver_USD_LOG.png

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/pm-sellof...ilver-5000-6500

"CME confirmed silver margins raised from $5000 to $6500 (30%) effective 11/10 settl - no other metals affected"

Presumably, this affects the maintenance margin. And is a lovely way to kill paper longs.... but not shorts, of course.

This is also the last remaining self-regulating way for the market to tell the genocidal lunatic in the Eccles building to go fornicate himself, and his excess liquidity.

Copy silver or a copy of a $20 coin?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1TROY-OZ-FINE-SILVER...60#ht_500wt_949

22 mins, £12.40 + £1.50pp

I would guess fake coin real silver, the seller has other silver for sale so they must know what the real thing looks and feels like. If it isn't they're telling blatant porkies and a paypal claim should be successful.

I would guess fake coin real silver, the seller has other silver for sale so they must know what the real thing looks and feels like. If it isn't they're telling blatant porkies and a paypal claim should be successful.

Good point. Thanks. I bet the description puts people off