SILVER

My own feeling is that the market has already priced in her candy QE jar and will act disappointed with anything under a Trillion. And I hope they don't get that. I'd be happy with a gold/silver sell off (buying op) but I actually think they will go up. We will have go wait and see.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2011 1oz Silver Britannia in stock at Weighton Coin.

Link for 10pcs @ £23.80/each:

http://www.weightoncoin.co.uk/coins/index....roducts_id=2046

20pc and 50pc bundles also in stock. Only 500pcs available from November 15th.

Going fast...!

From e-mail earlier

The offer applies to quantities of 10, 20 & 50 coin parcels, and will only be available while the batch of 500 coins last.

This special offer is set for 1 WEEK ONLY, and after this the listings will revert back to our usual list prices. All orders will be processed and payment taken but will only be dispatched as soon as possible after they arrive during the week commencing 15th November 2011.

2011 1oz Silver Britannia in stock at Weighton Coin.

Link for 10pcs @ £23.80/each:

http://www.weightoncoin.co.uk/coins/index....roducts_id=2046

20pc and 50pc bundles also in stock. Only 500pcs available from November 15th.

Going fast...!

From e-mail earlier

Yes but it's still £23.80 an ounce, when spot is £15.50. That's a huge difference.

I bought a first majestic round off Sarnia on Friday for £17.99, arrived today. Keep looking they are there sometimes.

Yes but it's still £23.80 an ounce, when spot is £15.50. That's a huge difference.

I bought a first majestic round off Sarnia on Friday for £17.99, arrived today. Keep looking they are there sometimes.

Britannia's always seem expensive... Good to have some more though.

I'll probably switch to buying rounds from now on.

Katz:

For example, from mid-1970 to year-end 1974 gold made a steady advance (from $35/oz. to just under $200/oz.). Instead of silver tracking this move it went sideways until the end of 1973 and then exploded (from $2/oz. to almost $6½/oz.) by early 1974. Silver’s move up was much more rapid and occupied a much shorter period of time.

From mid-1976 to January 1980, gold moved up from slightly above $100/oz. to $875/oz., again in a gradual pattern. Silver, however, moved sideways until 1978 when it began its incredible move, known as the Hunt silver bubble, from $5/oz. to over $50/oz. Bunker Hunt tried to corner the world’s supply of silver and wound up virtually broke. He learned the economic lesson that one cannot manipulate a free market.

This gives us a good picture of the character of silver. Silver is the volatile precious metal. It spends much less time going up than gold, but it goes up much more rapidly. As noted above, we have recently spent a 2½ year period during which gold has been up nicely while silver has been essentially flat. Then around Labor Day silver broke out from a giant (almost) ascending triangle and from a smaller (exactly) ascending triangle. I spotted these two technical signals as telling us that silver was ready to move.

It is true that silver can be dangerous, but if you also follow gold and keep in mind that the two goods move in sympathy with each other, this gives you a check and balance. Gold is not dangerous. It moves conservatively and moderately, and it obeys the technical signals very nicely. When a move in silver is confirmed by a technical signal in gold, this gives added confidence.

http://news.silverseek.com/SilverSeek/1288619075.php

Ag just hit a new 30-year high. Is it time for a new silver thread yet? Gold gets one every month.

Ag just hit a new 30-year high. Is it time for a new silver thread yet? Gold gets one every month. [/b]

Why bother having different threads?

Ag just hit a new 30-year high. Is it time for a new silver thread yet? Gold gets one every month. [/b]

The new gold thread every month is bu11$h1t. It makes it more difficult to find older posts and is a sign of a short term mentality. It is also distracts from the fact that this (gold) is the by far most important thread on this topic.

The £17.99 rounds had all run out yesterday when I fancied a bit more physical, the price for the other rounds in tens looked a bit steep even considering the recent slip into the VATable band.

That's a big difference between rounds and coins, surely an oz of silver is an oz of silver regardless what form it's presented. Does the premium come about because of a coins legal tender status or is it down to something else?

At present, when selling on, coins undeniably attract a premium over rounds, but I wonder whether this will always be the case.

JL

That's a big difference between rounds and coins, surely an oz of silver is an oz of silver regardless what form it's presented. Does the premium come about because of a coins legal tender status or is it down to something else?

At present, when selling on, coins undeniably attract a premium over rounds, but I wonder whether this will always be the case.

JL

I have read countless threads on sites like goldismoney2 arguing for coins v rounds and I could sum them up as follows: Rounds are cheaper, coins are more recognisable if tshtf.

Anyway I came to the conclusion that there is no right answer, so I buy any silver that is at the right price, except for the religious stuff. Variety is nice.

I only managed to buy 1 ounce on Friday - I wanted £100-worth, and I'm checking once or twice a day.

JPM & HSBC get hit by another lawsuit.

Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro: JP Morgan and HSBC Face RICO Charges in Silver Futures Class Action Lawsuit

Banks alleged to have used naked short-selling to rig market

NEW YORK, Nov. 3, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- JP Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) and HSBC Securities Inc. (NYSE: HBC) face charges of manipulating the market for silver futures and options in violation of federal commodities and racketeering laws, according to a new lawsuit filed Tuesday in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.

The suit – which alleges violation of the Commodity Exchange Act and the Racketeering Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act – alleges that the two banks colluded to manipulate the market for silver futures starting in the first half of 2008 by amassing huge short positions in silver futures contracts they had no intent to fill, but did so to force silver prices down to their benefit.

The suit was filed on behalf of Carl Loeb, an independent investor in silver futures and options, by Seattle-based Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP, a class-action and complex litigation firm.

"The practice of naked short selling has long been a serious issue on Wall Street," said Steve Berman, co-counsel and managing partner at Hagens Berman. "What we know about the scope and intent of JP Morgan and HSBC's actions in this short-selling scheme dwarfs any other similar attempt to manipulate a commodities market."...

$25.40 - a new 30-year high in silver.

Who's that guy who said that there was abundance in silver? Has he told JPMoron and HSBC already?

EDIT: Correction, WHAT correction?

That would be our man Big Tommy O. The WORLDS NUMBER ONE gold market timer who sold ALL his gold at 1236 and "piped" his followers out too.

That would be our man Big Tommy O. The WORLDS NUMBER ONE gold market timer who sold ALL his gold at 1236 and "piped" his followers out too.

Why on earth would a supposed number one gold timer sell his gold just before the next round of QE?

The number one gold timers to me are Jim Sinclair and Bill Murphy, they have been right since the bull started and carry on being so.

The number one gold timers to me are Jim Sinclair and Bill Murphy, they have been right since the bull started and carry on being so.

That stuff sitting on his desk alone made him a nice profit over the past 5 years. And I am pretty sure he has much, much more of it. :)

shapeimage_22.png

Silver looks due a large breakout to me, I think us patient silver holders are going to be rewarded very soon.

Maybe as high as $30 based on the three previous spikes which have occurred around every two years.

Silver_USD_LOG.jpg

IMO TA like this can be thrown out the window now that JPM & HSBC have 2 court cases against them. Who knows where the price is going to go if they are forced to cover without being able to manipulate the market lower while doing so.

Got physical silver?