SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was buying bullion at the moment I would still favour silver I think, to me anything over 50:1 silver seems cheap. I have been buying some shares recently though and have been buying gold miners over silver, but then I do have a fair few silver miners already.

If we see another round of de-leveraging I think I would swap some silver back to gold via GM.

Pure physical or stocks for me, so i'm opting for a few more silver miners. Added a few more AGQ and cursed another instance where i've waited for a fall - don't hold many though, so tucked away even if it retraces some.

Pixel8r

Can you let me know the names of the UK silver mining shares you are invested in as I would like to put some in an ISA and you can't put in US stocks?

I purchased HOC heavily back in July just because they were the only one I could find so am aware of that one. Funnily enough that has since gone up 70%! but that was as much luck as judgement as I knew it was a good time to buy based on silver falling below 200dma but had no idea of the prospects of the individual company.

Hope you don't mind me mentioning Endeavour (EDR:TSX) and Impact (IPT:TSX) both in my ISA along with 2 of Pix's choices.

Don't really shout about them as only put a poxy couple of grand on them, how dumb was that :(:lol:

You know you really ought to rethink your strategy with respect to USD and miners.

You seem to be stuck with your strategy and thats it.

Seems odd to me to be still promoting this strategy with where we are now.

Hey ho.

ditto....

You know you really ought to rethink your strategy with respect to USD and miners.

You seem to be stuck with your strategy and thats it.

Seems odd to me to be still promoting this strategy with where we are now.

Hey ho.

A strategy is for the long term. I think most here would agree that the more speculative miners will come back hard on a general market correction.

The gains in gold bullion I see as the most solid.

I'm starting to doubt that the correction in silver (if it ever goes down [uh-oh, am I marking a top??] ) will be very deep. The money buying silver here seems deep and concerted, i.e., "smart money." The smart money is not likely to be buying into a top before a dramatic fall.

at G:S 47 yes, I will sell another 5%.

I have also sold 5% at en even worse price 23!

Thankfully I reinvested immediately in GDX, doing well.

OK, time for some comments on silver.

1) I can't see the price ever approaching 20$ again. The reason is we are still in the strong season,

until January at least. The 200DMA will have zoomed past 20, by then.

2) It is fair to say, that this rise is beyond the experience of everybody in this forum.

Even the rise in 2005-2006 which led to doubling of the price 7.5-15, was not as sharp as

the present one.

Some thing's up - $30 dead ahead. I like to read about JP Morgan shorts being taken out on stretchers :lol:

It can't be too long before the commercials have to throw in the towel. Dan Norcini is watching it, but sees no signs quite yet of a commercial signal failure. But we have to watch this carefully. If someone big panics, we could see $50 in no time.

EDIT: The sharks must taste the silver short's blood already.

It can't be too long before the commercials have to throw in the towel. Dan Norcini is watching it, but sees no signs quite yet of a commercial signal failure. But we have to watch this carefully. If someone big panics, we could see $50 in no time.

With the multiple cases that are mounting against JPM & HSBC we are going to CSF very soon. Anyone who is selling at the moment is daft IMO, this is exactly what we have all been patiently waiting for. Some longterm holders can't believe it, but I think they have become to used to the manipulation which is now ending.

Keep the faith and you will be rewarded.

How sweet it is to awake to our new off-grid battery pack & wind turbine being paid for overnight :) - no corrections please; this time it might be different.....

Thar she blows $28 breeched. Does anyone else feel slightly apprehensive or is it just me? :blink:

Maybe those holding dollars waiting for cheap silver are! :lol:

EDIT: The sharks must taste the silver short's blood already.

The fact that we have a commercial signal failure to look forward to just makes it sooo delicious.

Anyway, where were you at three am when 28 was breached?

No room for lightweights on GEI you know!

LOL

Nick

Peak Date | 200dma(£) | spot (£) | Relativity (spot / 200dma)

Today | 12.15 | 17.55 | 1.44

17/03/08 | 7.35 | 10.43 | 1.41

19/04/06 | 5.16 | 7.96 | 1.54

13/04/04 | 3.30 | 4.32 | 1.3

Getting itchy fingers. Due to QE2 will hold off from selling for a wee while yet.

Does anyone remember what the market fundamentals were that drove the 04, 06 and 08 peaks? Is it a co-incident that we are seeing silver peaking every 2 years?

Or is this the blow off peak that we have all been talking about? Personally I don't think we are near that point, so it has to be time to very soon to get out of this trade, despite the exuberance there is for silver right now.

I will wait until rel = 1.55 then bail out.