SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUUrlxhHWBo

Talking about real money - bailout is not the end - very grim outlook.

Excellent, some reality :D

This is a brilliant watch

"If you haven't been paying attention folks, our Gov. isn't exactly flush with money these days" :lol:

"The real problem is plunging home prices, so that when you have $5.5 trillion worth of mortgages, and many of those mortgages are under water, with record foreclosures......."

"But the fact is house prices are still going down, and going down big time, and this problem is still not measurable. They are going to lose billions of dollars"

"Qu: What does this bailout mean ?"

"It's going to cost the Fed gov between 200 and 500 billion dollars at the very least.....to be paid of by our children and grandchildren"

"You can print money......You will erode the currency"

"This is not cost free"

Silver Sammy aint none too happy :)

The DEATH of Silver Sammy...

...killed by the NEVER ENDING manipulation of prices by the "Corporate Mega-Bank Devils" in association w/ COMEX & the so-called "US Govt Regulators." Jesus f*ckin Christ people, take a good hard look around...EVERYTHING that was supposed to make the metals soar ( War in Middle East? Check. $4 Gas? Check. Massive Bank Failures? Check. ) has resulted in a HIGHER dollar & metals dropping like a Led Zeppelin.

...WHY? Because its ALL A SCAM...and no matter how many ASEs we got...IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE!

...but they weren't all bad times. The Silver Sammy Index was fun ( heres the secret of the SSI, I post whatever pops into my head & the price rises almost by accident! ) the mocking of Ted Butler & Izzy, $20 silver, ahhh, good times.

...but its a whole new ball game now...if oil slips below $100, ITS ALL OVER! Sell it all & buy in again at $4...thats right, $4.

...Im SELLING IT ALL this winter...hopefully we should get SOME type of price increase, but it doesn't matter either way, Im gone. I bought my first Engelhard 100oz at $561 ( incl postage ) so I should probably break even at worst. This is a new situation were dealing with. You guys know me, type 2 lines of whatever crazy sh*t pops into my head & vanish for 3 months...this is for real this time, start making your exit plans & soon.

Meet the G that Killed Me. COMEX.

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread.php?t=299181

We are seeing silver priced as a industrial commodity at the moment.

We still seeing bailouts across the world. There is a rise in in anger against this, just search for "bailout" on youtube.

Until people get to a stage where they feel their tax money is being wasted to bailout the speculators, and protesting against the government to stop the bailouts won't work - they will get out of their currency.

We've not reached this stage yet, where there is sufficient momentum to overturn the paper manipulation. But the shortage of physical metal is a good sign, and we will I believe see the day where the paper manipulators will be breached. It happened before, and it will happen again.

Is it worth sitting on perhaps a possible 50% loss for that day for the fireworks to happen? I believe it is. Hold on.

Does everyone agree that this was a proper SSS (Silver Sammy Sighting)?

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread.php?t=299181

Here is an update on the SSCI. It's amazing. It's not that Sammy is perfect. But if you follow him (in the opposite direction, I mean), you can avoid some of the bigger mistakes.

Silver_USD_LOG_GUESS.png

I'm still holding on... But my knuckles are white, my pants are brown and my eyes are turning red.

It really depends what you would do with the cash if you sold - go into shares or property? Both are going down.

If you go all into cash/bonds, you are effectively supporting the goverment and the bailouts on wallstreet [in my mind anyway].

Part cash, part PM non-margined is the way to go, unless anyone can see a better asset class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUUrlxhHWBo

Talking about real money - bailout is not the end - very grim outlook.

The second chap is Mort Zuckerman, a billionaire real estate developer. http://www.bostonproperties.com/site/index.aspx He sold a couple of properties in New York for $2.5 billion in 2007.

He is a well educated gentleman and wrote about what was comming in June http://www.jewishworldreview.com/mort/zuckerman.php3

He is still buying property, I believe, at knock down prices - so he will be bearish! But I like what he said on the news all the same.

It really depends what you would do with the cash if you sold - go into shares or property? Both are going down.

If you go all into cash/bonds, you are effectively supporting the goverment and the bailouts on wallstreet [in my mind anyway].

Part cash, part PM non-margined is the way to go, unless anyone can see a better asset class.

perhaps ag. land if you are prepared to work it and can get it at the right price

and you're definitely right about non-margined pm's, holding (+buying/selling) physical has shown me what a ridiculous setup we have with pm trading (on paper) compared to the real thing

edit - that's ag as in agricultural and not the metal :lol: , though some ag mining fields would be nice!

Have you seen the new message on www.goldline.co.uk :unsure:

Update: There is a 3 week delivery time for our silver bars although they can still be ordered at the current price. Kilo bars are ready for immediate delivery

I have not seen this before. Must be a lot of demand out there. Lots of talk on goldismoney regarding silver shortages.

Edit : also gold bars.......

10 grams - Out of stock - 3 wks for delivery £ 162.75 Out

20 grams - Out of stock - 3 wks for delivery £ 314.00 Out

Silver bars..................

100 grams - 3 weeks delivery time £ 42.00 Out

250 grams - 3 weeks delivery time £ 101.75 Out

500 grams - 3 weeks delivery time £ 179.75 Out

Think of silver as a natural currency [unlike the unnatural ones :) ]. Then you can forget about the price.

There seems a fair amount of opinion (especially recently) that silver won't work (like gold might) as 'currency'. Got me worried.

Yep, that was my thinking - plus some in energy, ag, water, juniors, Brazil, etc.... Unfortunately I messed up and ended up over-heavy PMs (particularly silver now).

To explain, I decided to switch cash savings in Euros held at GM into £, $ and Cad$ (mix it up basically - decided just euro wasn't good) via G&S (a punt on rising prices to be honest - naughty). Unfortunately, I missed my exit point (back to G&S core holdings) of $975 gold because I got stuck with no internet access for a couple of weeks while volunteering at an eco-type festival during July. (Didn't expect prices to rise quite so fast from @$940.) I was probably busy cleaning compost toilets out when G&S peaked - shite(!) By the time I got back to the web, gold was down to $920-30 and I figured 'ahhh, it'll pop back up again soon'...

Now my cunning plan (roughly, biggest chance of inflation with some chance of deflation - in some order or another. Maybe not so cunning) of having a fair chance of avoiding big losses, whichever way things fall, seems bust. From my amateur gestimations I'm pretty confident that national and global financial institutions and systems are in for it big time and that things have a fair chance of getting very ugly - but I'm not quite so confident PMs are going to be a decent bet. (Who is? Anyone who never gets things wrong? Stuff is crazy!)

Take a big loss now to save a maybe far bigger loss? (Would have to be back to iffy cash I guess.) Or resign myself (and my families store of wealth) to the whims of 'the fundamentals' and hope things turn out 'nice' in the end.

perhaps ag. land if you are prepared to work it and can get it at the right price

That's exactly what I'm trying to sort out. I want what's really usable, useful and necessary - not just a load of metal/cash sat somewhere for the sake of it. Looking for ag/wood land to buy on my own, as part of a group, communities already with land, etc, etc. right now and have been for some time. I'm on it - but it ain't that simple and there's little to nothing around or happening that's reasonably suitable.

Moaning, bitter, anxious... Sorry for the bad vibes. Might go off and hide amongst the trees and whittle a little until after the presidential elections.

Have you seen the new message on www.goldline.co.uk :unsure:

Update: There is a 3 week delivery time for our silver bars although they can still be ordered at the current price. Kilo bars are ready for immediate delivery

I have not seen this before. Must be a lot of demand out there. Lots of talk on goldismoney regarding silver shortages.

Edit : also gold bars.......

10 grams - Out of stock - 3 wks for delivery £ 162.75 Out

20 grams - Out of stock - 3 wks for delivery £ 314.00 Out

Silver bars..................

100 grams - 3 weeks delivery time £ 42.00 Out

250 grams - 3 weeks delivery time £ 101.75 Out

500 grams - 3 weeks delivery time £ 179.75 Out

i regularly keep an eye on those - I ve not seen them out before of any bar. Someone with deep pockets came in and grabbed the lot in one go.

What a mystery.

Whos buying?

And why ?

The banks are safe, and it looks like deflation, oil is going down.

Does someone know something, that we dont, thats imminent?

This was posted over on M&PM:

you're right there is a shortage of gold coins, but the reason Goldline has no silver bars and some of the smaller bars is 'cos they're moving to larger premises and their machinery is being installed which will take 3 weeks.