SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a close-up:

http://gold.approximity.com/1979-1980/DJIA-Silver-Ratio.html

DJIA-Silver-Ratio.png

Let's assume history repeats with the Dow dangling at 5,000-10,000. That would mean $250/oz-$500/oz silver for a few weeks.

Depending which one of the metals lead, U should swap to benefit from the G/S ratio in that time period IF history rhymes and b4 of all settle Your Own diversification of metals 2 suit 4 your appetite of risk. ;)

Yes, looks uncannily familiar... maybe this is the mo of the manipulation??

I think an overlay is in order...unfortunately i am writing this on someone else's computer!!!

Any takers?

Yes they are very similar, I am not sure as to why that would be.

Silver_GBP.png

David Thurtell, an analyst at Citigroup:"We would suggest that the gold/silver ratio will push down towards the 50-55 level by the end of third quarter."

If the economy dips again within forthcomin month, I´d assume silver to take a hit also (being a partialy industrial metal) and that would be a good entry point to difersify partially into silver from gold. If economy isn´t going 2 dip ( I doubt it will) the G/S ratio may push down 50-55 level, (but I´m not sure about the Citigroup analyst real motives for the article). I´ve planned to watch this rally with gold and maybe diversify silver selling gold on strength, sit on cash for a moment 2 see the action & ratio of silver and buy on a dip after this rally on both metals. Any opinions ?

Yes they are very similar, I am not sure as to why that would be.

Silver_GBP.png

Thanks for that pixel8r - you'll have to tell me how you came up with that so quick!

What would be interesting is to see the price of oil in Yen overlayed on that...

We might get some more clues on what could happen next and more importantly when.

Elesewhere this was posted: http://mises.org/story/3663 it is essential reading.

Thanks for that pixel8r - you'll have to tell me how you came up with that so quick!

As I am a professional advertising photographer I have skills in photoshop ;)

Let me know if you want a detailed description of how I did it.

As I am a professional advertising photographer I have skills in photoshop ;)

Let me know if you want a detailed description of how I did it.

Yes please -maybe you could start a thread? I am also wandering where you got the data from. I can't seem to find the good stuff at aproximity!

Yes please -maybe you could start a thread? I am also wandering where you got the data from. I can't seem to find the good stuff at aproximity!

Ok, will start a thread and give you detailed instructions this week :)

BTW I clicked 1999 on this page, which brings up all the variations;

http://gold.approximity.com/gold_charts.html

I have 10 x Australian 1 Kilo Koala 2008 coins for sale. They are my mates, Im not selling any of my silver! Someone has indicated they will buy two and I might have one. They are all in the plastic case. He wants £400 each for them + postage. They are selling for £442 + postage on CID so represent good value.

I have 10 x Australian 1 Kilo Koala 2008 coins for sale. They are my mates, Im not selling any of my silver! Someone has indicated they will buy two and I might have one. They are all in the plastic case. He wants £400 each for them + postage. They are selling for £442 + postage on CID so represent good value.

Roughly where abouts are you - for pick up. Just considering...

I have 10 x Australian 1 Kilo Koala 2008 coins for sale. They are my mates, Im not selling any of my silver! Someone has indicated they will buy two and I might have one. They are all in the plastic case. He wants £400 each for them + postage. They are selling for £442 + postage on CID so represent good value. I need payment by cheque, with the name left blank, or cash. I dont want the money going through my bank as Im self employed and dont want to have to explain to the tax man. Im doing my mate a favour (& fellow GEIers) trying to sell it for him as he has no ebay account. The name on the cheque needs to left blank as he just been made bankrupt and wouldn't want his creditors to know. A bit like america secretly selling their fort knox stash :)

Is the ratio good at the moment to sell some of my gold and buy some of his silver?

Im probably going to Sussex within a week so I could do the deal there or on route.