SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you 2 day traders need to buy physical silver'n'gold & hold. :P

I have made my choice, & as cdswamp said "all my chips are in, good luck".........I am not all in silver but about 70%.

I have made my choice & I will stick with it. I think when the next stage down happens, everyone will pile into pm's.

FunnyGoldSilver-705788.gif

I feel safe, I have something I can see & touch, that'll do me.......

edited - please remember to apply humour when reading this post.

Wasn't there a line in The Death Of A Salesman something like 'If you can't easily put your hand to it, you haven't really got it'? Wise words.

The bike is a souped up 1200cc Buell - I'm *giving* it away in the USA, but no takers - I could have easily sold it for a grand or two more 6 months ago, now there just seems to be no money about.

Perhaps your buyer will come from India: BBC story: "Luxury bikes defy slump in India"

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews...als_Market.html

Ted Butler's latest weekly "Butler on Gold & Silver" report on King World News, reports on the extremely dangerous position in the commitment of traders report (COT) and the 30 million ounce short position in the SLV.

He says that the situation is at it most dangerous level ever and that it is going resolve massively one way or the other. If the commercial shorts get caught by some regulatory change or action by the Chinese the result is going to be explosive.

"If these shorts miscalculate and get caught on the wrong circumstances, even though they have always prevailed in the past, if this goes against them you have just got to watch out, it will be so explosive to the price it will be hard to imagine."

http://www.futures.tradingcharts.com/cotcharts/SI

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews...als_Market.html

Ted Butler's latest weekly "Butler on Gold & Silver" report on King World News, reports on the extremely dangerous position in the commitment of traders report (COT) and the 30 million ounce short position in the SLV....

Yes, interesting. In the past, he says, such readings were quite negative. But he also thinks that some kind of black swan could mean the exact opposite. Well, well, we've been there before. All I'll do is that if silver goes down to $10 I'll back up the truck with 1kg Koalas. :)

Yes, interesting. In the past, he says, such readings were quite negative. But he also thinks that some kind of black swan could mean the exact opposite. Well, well, we've been there before. All I'll do is that if silver goes down to $10 I'll back up the truck with 1kg Koalas. :)

I really do get the feeling that it isn't going to happen this time, there appear to be too many things lining up. More than that though I am getting a gut feeling, which I always tend to trust, right or wrong. Even if I am wrong, I won't be selling a thing, it is just a matter of time, something I have plenty of at the moment.

I would imagine if it happens again we would also have the disconnect between spot and actual coins, so maybe the 1kg Koalas would need to GM silver.

I really do get the feeling that it isn't going to happen this time, there appear to be too many things lining up. More than that though I am getting a gut feeling, which I always tend to trust, right or wrong. Even if I am wrong, I won't be selling a thing, it is just a matter of time, something I have plenty of at the moment.

I would imagine if it happens again we would also have the disconnect between spot and actual coins, so maybe the 1kg Koalas would need to GM silver.

agree on both points - i was thinking earlier today when ebay premiums were 100% last year when silver went below $10

And it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of thieves! Here's hoping! :lol:

It would be kind ironic, the banks have been using there bailout money to speculate.

So the governments have given the banks the peoples money, then they give it back to us via their miscalculated speculation. :lol:

You have got to be in it to win it.

Another whitewash... :angry: :angry: :angry:

Ted Butler is far from calling it a whitewash, he is being quiet positive on the developments in this.

http://news.silverseek.com/SilverSeek/1253632847.php

I would like to thank Commissioner Chilton for his statement. There is no doubt that he is the most accessible government official in memory. Virtually all of the readers who sent me the above, also sent along their private exchanges with him on his statement. Those exchanges were almost identical, namely, they all asked Commissioner Chilton one question. How in the world could such an aggressive investigation fail to include conversations with me, the obvious instigator of the investigation? Commissioner Chilton responded that the investigators would be contacting me soon, as he has stated in the past. (For those not aware of the exact sequence of events, the CFTC started its third silver investigation in 5 years, as a result of an article I wrote a year ago, “The Smoking Gun” and subsequent articles http://news.silverseek.com/TedButler/1219417468.php )

Rather than dwell on that, and risk making myself the center of discussion, I’d like to analyze the significance of Commissioner Chilton’s statement. When I first started reading it, I raced through it, looking for the words I have read in so many communications from the CFTC over the past two decades. Those words, of course, were always “and we can find no credible evidence of a manipulation in the silver market.” Well guess what? For the first time ever, those words were missing. Instead, words to the effect, “of investing an incredible amount of energy and resources, of leaving no stone unturned in our year-long aggressive investigation, and if we find anything illegal, we will prosecute, etc.” That’s a far cry from what has been said in the past.

No one spends an incredible amount of energy and resources investigating any matter that is not credible. That’s the key point. At the very least, Chilton’s statement indicates that the Commission takes my allegations seriously. That’s because the allegations are well-founded. I’ve always used their own public data, so they can’t claim it is bogus. I’ve always argued in accordance with their own principles and historical findings on concentration, manipulation and position limits. I’ve always relied on common sense and the intent of commodity law. How could they possibly argue with that?

Besides, I never even asked them to investigate silver for a third time in five years; that was their choice. All I asked was a very simple question, namely, how could one or two US banks be short 25% of the world production of silver (or any commodity) and that not constitute manipulation? In one full year, neither the CFTC nor anyone else has been able to come close to legitimately answer that question. That’s because there is no legitimate answer. Faced with having to answer a question to which there is no legitimate answer, do the next best thing – investigate.

I’m going to resist attacking the CFTC on this matter. I want to take the high road. I know this is a major market problem with a solution that involves serious complications and repercussions. That’s why I’ve persisted for 25 years. Certainly the Commission must tread carefully. But it still must confront this silver manipulation. I’m sincere when I say I am more interested in seeing this manipulation terminated than I am in extracting my pound of flesh for two decades of regulatory failure. What’s most important now is for the Commission to recognize that this is very much a crime in progress. A little old lady is still being mugged on the street and the police have no higher priority than stopping the crime first and investigating later.

I think the intent of Commissioner Chilton’s statement may be different than first assumed. I don’t think it was solely intended to provide an update to those who had been inquiring about the investigation. I think it was intended as a warning to the shorts. Intention aside, the message to the big shorts is that the Commission is taking allegations of a silver manipulation seriously. That’s because the evidence is compelling. Taken together with the no-nonsense approach and pragmatism of the new chairman, Gary Gensler, the message is clear. Be short silver at your own risk.

No, I'm calling it a whitewash, I think Ted has been suckered in to trusting these folks to do the right thing. I think they are ex Goldman Sux - that is enough for me. It's like being a spy, you are never out of the game.

Maybe, but I think he is just asking for his question to be answered.

"How could one or two US banks be short 25% of the world production of silver (or any commodity) and that not constitute manipulation?"

Mr-Silver.co.uk goes TU?

I remember looking here before, they sold silver and gold. Also they offered to store it for you....

Ok, so first off, I hope nobody here actually stored their silver there. Second, I'm disturbed by this kind of thing.

Now it's just a site run by a guy with a white van, apparently. see: http://www.mr-silver.co.uk/

The google cache has this, so I know I'm not going mad!

mr-silver.jpg