I have just received this from coininvestdirect

Dear Client,

We would like to inform you with regards to an important change to our services offered through http://www.coininvestdirect.com//.

As of July 1st 2008 we will no longer sell silver coins with 7% German VAT. As of then we will apply the UK customary 17.5% VAT.

Glad I loaded up when I did. what an interesting day. Darling reasures depositors with suggestions of a guarantee to £50,000. Does he know something the vast majority dont? Gold shoots up, Dow down to 11210, Jim Sinclair is excited about the next steps and the BBC/government is whining like a jilted lover over Zimbabwe still.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I buy regularly, so I will be :) I always buy the same amount in £s, week in week out (I get paid weekly). I like to think of expensive gold as being subsidised by the cheaper stuff I bought in the past. So far the amount of £s I could exchange my gold for exceeds the amount of £s I have spent on it. At the point at which this went to zero or negative I think I might then pause for a bit. Until then I'll keep buying. Is this a dumb strategy?

No, not in a bull market. :lol:

Gold is staying overbought, characteristic of great bull markets. Those who want in are waiting for the correction that a seeming army of analysts are promising is "just around the corner." Meanwhile, the gold bull snorts, tosses his head -- and moves higher. The twin bull of silver does the same.

-- Richard Russell, 2006

I've started to go grey since analysts began telling me the gold bull is over.

Not sure if this is of any interest.

RTE News, Ireland - Massive gold mine found in Monaghan - click here.

What may be significant is that it was the headline story on the RTE 6 o'clock news. So alot more people aware of gold.

I've heard on more than one occassion reference made to a lack of 'elephant' finds thus far in the bull, and that they are sure to come, and that when they do it is very supportive of a continuing bull. Sorry can't remember where !

i dont think that most people have the depht of this hole we are moving into- that they will get sunk playing the furture markets with the hope of getting an unforgiven fill of paper cos that what this hole situation is build ON yes you may have it right but when the guys with the paper liars come youve lost if you really want to kill get it in your pocket an stop playing this silly paper chase

I've started to go grey since analysts began telling me the gold bull is over.

buy hold and wait this is the start of phase 2 my projection from 2006 is 10000$ but that still could be only 180 beers with all parties on the printing press it could get very wicked

I've heard on more than one occassion reference made to a lack of 'elephant' finds thus far in the bull, and that they are sure to come, and that when they do it is very supportive of a continuing bull. Sorry can't remember where !

80 mill dung 15 mill found we are in the biggest com bull of known time -bingo

As we kick-off a new monthly thread...

The Start of Something Good?

cdnxtogoldjt4.png

It has pushed up to the downtrend line ... And this time it does not look over-extended.

We should know whether it can make it through this line within this week

Edit:

The previous thread is here:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....ost&p=44826

gold is coming back to rule the roost and there are only very few bits of paper that many have a small chance but why bet on a outsider ???

the true gold bull graps this situation gets phy in both maybe 20-1 g/s and refuses to sell this is the only way to get these sods off there backsides-with all these blunt liar and that we all know but dont move please you could upset the boot thing it about time that we let wind !!!

buy hold and wait this is the start of phase 2 my projection from 2006 is 10000$ but that still could be only 180 beers with all parties on the printing press it could get very wicked

Precisely. Pratting around trading and buying contracts is foolish.

This is the big one. This is based on fundamentals. When oil speculation gets too hot or legislated out, when food commodity speculation gets regulated out and seen as wholly immoral and unacceptable, when the bank runs begin in ernest, EVERYBODY WILL GO FOR GOLD.

100% gauranteed...

The gold bull run has not even started.

Nick

Precisely. Pratting around trading and buying contracts is foolish.

This is the big one. This is based on fundamentals. When oil speculation gets too hot or legislated out, when food commodity speculation gets regulated out and seen as wholly immoral and unacceptable, when the bank runs begin in ernest, EVERYBODY WILL GO FOR GOLD.

100% gauranteed...

The gold bull run has not even started.

Nick

they always try to find someone else but this time round there could be some nasty side effect as the holes are gaping the british pm shoud be in the tower this keynes get it for nothing thing must be hung i didnt get my exams in the 70 because i wrote against this school of thought

A few updated (Q2 2008) gold and property charts:

HP_UK_in_gold.PNG

Measure: UK -- London -- Scotland

Average: 278.31 -- 431.93 -- 235.86

Min: 80.89 -- 107.19 -- 76.73

Max: 695.50 -- 1,077.67 -- 507.41

Q2 2008: 383.64 -- 627.78 -- 328.74

Bear trap confirmed, trend continued:

HP_UK_in_gold_1952.PNG

Gold_GBP_nominal_real.PNG

One thing is clear: The top is in.

HP_UK_real.PNG

The beginning of the mother of all property crashes?

HP_UK_nominal.PNG

they always try to find someone else but this time round there could be some nasty side effect as the holes are gaping the british pm shoud be in the tower this keynes get it for nothing thing must be hung i didnt get my exams in the 70 because i wrote against this school of thought

im cring lol-lol

A few updated (Q2 2008) gold and property charts:

HP_UK_in_gold.PNG

Measure: UK -- London -- Scotland

Average: 278.31 -- 431.93 -- 235.86

Min: 80.89 -- 107.19 -- 76.73

Max: 695.50 -- 1,077.67 -- 507.41

Q2 2008: 383.64 -- 627.78 -- 328.74

Bull trap confirmed:

HP_UK_in_gold_1952.PNG

Gold_GBP_nominal_real.PNG

One thing is clear: The top is in.

HP_UK_real.PNG

The beginning of the mother of all property crashes?

HP_UK_nominal.PNG

in a paper world it could come to be that you pay an ouze of gold to keep your house germany 1923 24 ouzes was for a short time a hole block there are so many exsamples of the demise of unbacked paper and the human race still goes for it because of lack of gernal eddy kation --like me

Goldfinger, You are a legend. IN gold, this property crash is already down almost 50%.

All those of you who posted on the ounces of gold thread and own a load of ounces must be delighted.

How about an ounces of silver vs houseprices chart? Would that be difficult to do?.

Belfast Boy, I saw Conroy present at Minesite about a year ago. I liked the story.

Everyone else., the gold chart from NOv to Dec 07 is an absolute mirror of March to June 08 . We could be set for a big move here.