• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Even after trebling in price from the low of eight years ago, there may be plenty of room for gold to rise from here.

And just a reminder that in euros the price has about doubled rather than trebled. So the increase in euros so far is not so spectacular (but I hope it will become so).

BTW, I noticed jsmineset.com was unreachable last night. Being a techie I looked into it quite a bit and it seemed a whole subnet of addresses around the site were unreachable. This would indicated Jim's hoster / ISP were having issues rather than "someone" got in there and shut him down for whatever reason.

I guess we'll find out in due course. But when I first couldn't reach it, I must admit a few conspiracy plots kicked off in the darker, more suspicious parts of my mind. :)

And now Kitco is down!

CONSPIRACY!!!

Prepare for a 2 week bank holiday!!

Cripes, $982 already. Back to $1000 today?

phase 1 was 1999-2001to mid 2006 with a smart money blow off 15 month shake out start of phase 2 mid 2007 first leg breach of the mind blowing number 1000 very short pull back there are 2or3 legs to come with targets 1500-1700-2100-but long term im still looking for 700 beers lol

phase 1 was 1999-2001to mid 2006 with a smart money blow off 15 month shake out start of phase 2 mid 2007 first leg breach of the mind blowing number 1000 very short pull back there are 2or3 legs to come with targets 1500-1700-2100-but long term im still looking for 700 beers lol

£3.00 for shandy the other day, so were at about 160 beers now!

You do wonder. :lol:

Either that or the number of people becoming interested in metals is about to rocket.

If GEI goes off air then I'm getting the bullion out of the vault and buying a spade.

(to bury the bullion, not because I am prepared to spend ANY amount on a spade...)

I need to buy more ASAP, are there any predictions for a kick back from the PPT?

Yeah, where the 'ell is the Cartel when you need them?

I offer no predictions. They might save any good smackdown until after it has reached $1000 again. But who knows?

Can we attribute the last pull back to the Bear Stern's gold liquidation? Was this remark ever substantiated?

Yeah, where the 'ell is the Cartel when you need them?

I offer no predictions. They might save any good smackdown until after it has reached $1000 again. But who knows?

I'll apologise now if this is "schoolboy thinking" but felt it worth asking.....

We know that central banks can, to a certain extent, print their way out of a situation. However, they do need to be slightly careful with that approach. So, if they had a need to obtain funds very quickly (e.g. as part of a bail-out plan) is there also a likelihood of them selling some gold to raise funds?

They need cash. They have gold. It's knocking on the door of $1000/oz and they really don't want it to rise... so why not offload some of it and use the $s to prop up the banking world?

I know there are agreements in place to prevent massive dumping of CB gold - but in a critical situation (such as we're in now) could this play out?

It's very funny/weird every time gold approaches 1000 or rises dramatically kitco is on its knees. Any major fall and kitco is quicker than it has ever been.

This must be very painful for anyone sat on the sidelines...

...there's just no sign of any significant pullback.

That's generally how the market gets you. Makes it look like it will never pull back and forces you to get in too high. Just as you do a smackdown miraculously appears and you end up far underwater. Then the market moves down a little further, making you believe that the upmove was a fake and that the next fall will be massive - so you sell. Then you get an explosive upmove.

Don't fall into the trap, don't buy strength.

This is why you need to build core positions during the corrections, you can just sit back and wait for the big drops without any fear of missing out. I sold almost all of my speculative longs this morning, just leaving my core and physical holdings. I'm ready for the market to pullaway further, it won't bother me as I'll still be making profit. I'm also ready for the market to make a dramatic pullback, where I'll start making more speculative buys in expectation of the uptrend continuing.

Buying those NY trading session bloodbaths makes money, that's the bottom line.

I'll apologise now if this is "schoolboy thinking" but felt it worth asking.....

We know that central banks can, to a certain extent, print their way out of a situation. However, they do need to be slightly careful with that approach. So, if they had a need to obtain funds very quickly (e.g. as part of a bail-out plan) is there also a likelihood of them selling some gold to raise funds?

They need cash. They have gold. It's knocking on the door of $1000/oz and they really don't want it to rise... so why not offload some of it and use the $s to prop up the banking world?

I know there are agreements in place to prevent massive dumping of CB gold - but in a critical situation (such as we're in now) could this play out?

No one quite knows how much gold the Fed keeps at Fort Knox, they havnt had an audit for 50+ years, James Turk on one of CC interviews was saying that the latest gold being sold by the CB was of dubious quality, implicating that they are scraping the barrel.

Most of the CBs can still sell 50% or so of their yearly allowance with one month left to play, but again they could have sold already if they wanted to, so they want to keep their gold just at the moment, or dont have too much left, or its already shifted East.

£3.00 for shandy the other day, so were at about 160 beers now!

Gordon Bennet! Light beer here less than a quid, I don't miss the brewers striping you up in the UK that's for sure!

That's generally how the market gets you. Makes it look like it will never pull back and forces you to get in too high. Just as you do a smackdown miraculously appears and you end up far underwater. Then the market moves down a little further, making you believe that the upmove was a fake and that the next fall will be massive - so you sell. Then you get an explosive upmove.

Don't fall into the trap, don't buy strength.

This is why you need to build core positions during the corrections, you can just sit back and wait for the big drops without any fear of missing out. I sold almost all of my speculative longs this morning, just leaving my core and physical holdings. I'm ready for the market to pullaway further, it won't bother me as I'll still be making profit. I'm also ready for the market to make a dramatic pullback, where I'll start making more speculative buys in expectation of the uptrend continuing.

Buying those NY trading session bloodbaths makes money, that's the bottom line.

Been waiting patiently for a smackdown to put a little more in, given I already have a position seeing the price zoom up soothes the pain a little, but I would love a bit of a PPT special/CB selling so that the life-raft has a little bit more buoyancy. I'm not sure we're going to get that or if they're saving their powder to smack it off $1200 markedly. Haven't read a COT in a while, guess I need to see where the shorters are at.