Sorry but to me it sounds like wild speculation at this point. IMO a version of this may eventually come to fruition, but I sincerely doubt this level of commitment has been given by the alleged supporting countries, it smells of a conspiracy theory to me. Nevertheless, it was interesting to note he didn't mention the UK per se just Sterling, was it just an over sight?

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Sorry but to me it sounds like wild speculation at this point. IMO a version of this may eventually come to fruition, but I sincerely doubt this level of commitment has been given by the alleged supporting countries, it smells of a conspiracy theory to me. Nevertheless, it was interesting to note he didn't mention the UK per se just Sterling, was it just an over sight?

Airstrip One will always be part of the Empire.

ABB

Basically they're saying Asia is trading physical gold at in excess of $900 ... whereas COMEX paper gold is trading way down on that figure.

That, to me, is either untrue, or it could explain why BullionVault are having trouble making a sensible price, or it means buying from BV or GoldMoney is a veritable bargain at the moment.

I can find no evidence of this. Many Indian articles on gold routinely quote the spot price in both dollars and lakh:

The Hindu

".....The yellow metal has stood virtually alone amid the rubble in the wake of the U.S. financial crisis. At present, ruling around $850-870 an ounce or Rs. 13,000 per 10 gram, gold is off its peak of $1,033 an ounce scaled on March 17 this year........."

The rupee is currently 47.8 to the $. so the above figures are consistant with the same price in India as in US.

I put one aliquot of my funds into the 'OILB' oil ETF when brent crude was at USD 100, and a further two aliquots when it fell to 92 last Friday. I have retained a further 7 aliquots for further purchases if and when the price falls further. I will allocate 3 of these if price hits 80, and the last 4 if the price hits 70 (though I don't think it will, or if it does it will only be for a brief period)

This isn't really the place to discuss this, but do you think OILB would be a good place to stick a few quid for the medium term (say, a couple of years or so)?

Looks like Ker channel 2 will hold and mini channel 7 has been broken.

hmm, I have a bad feeling about this, they jumped too fast, and the volume is low. right now they are in the middle of the channel #2 and thats a good point to plunge. so, i am not playing this no matter how high it could go

I fully agree

Such earth shattering developments won't happen when still 1/3 of UK citizens haven't even changed their spending habits yet (BBC survey, today)

The real sh$t is only just starting to hit the fan, and its uncertain quite how bad it will or won't get. That said, today was one step further along the road to armageddon.

This isn't really the place to discuss this, but do you think OILB would be a good place to stick a few quid for the medium term (say, a couple of years or so)?

Hi - I'm not confortable to give 'advice', but would just refer you to my own actions and emphasise that

- I can afford to loose this money

- I am a value investor, not a short term speculator

- I expect to be buying more, bigger aliquots at lower prices (but bought some already in case it doesn't fall further)

- I have a time frame of 5-10 years, and hope to make 50-100% profit on my investment