1. Watching gold prices, in your opinion, how low would have gold to

go for gold buyers/holders to panick & start selling ?

870? 850? 820? 800? 790? 770? 760? 666?

2. where can one find quantity of gold held by IMF, World Bank?

who influence their decision to sell their gold?

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I am getting a discrepancy between the price of gold reported by Kitco and IGIndex, which I haven't noticed before.

At the time of posting, Kitco says around $910, whereas IGIndex says around $901

Does anyone know which is more reliable, or can suggest a 3rd party than is better than either?

You could try http://www.livecharts.co.uk/MarketCharts/gold.php

IG, think "cartel" and Alibaba and the forty ______ I've also read reports by others saying what you see there is entirely different to the real world.

Ha ha! Exactly!

It's just the usual end-of-month-gotta-smack-it-down. Just recharged my BV and GM accounts :)

Nice. I am too trigger happy these days. Come pay day, must buy gold! :lol:

Never know which way it will go.... just want to be in before the "doldrums" are over and Autumn arrives. ;)

Nice. I am too trigger happy these days. Come pay day, must buy gold! :lol:

I'm lucky, due to a temporary quirk of fate I'm currently being paid weekly. It's great, I just buy the same amount in £s each week whatever happens... smooths out the peaks and troughs nicely :) When I go back onto monthly payment its gonna really try my patience.

Never know which way it will go.... just want to be in before Autumn arrives. ;)

A Septemeber/October rise like last year would be just great. Holding fast.

They panicked in September 2006 when it dropped below 600.

The rest is history.

Then

sc2nz7.png

Today

sc1yk1.png

Did n't the ECB announce they were going to sell some gold in accordance with the IMF agreed limits? Someone posted the announcement on here I believe.

Not that I know of.

Two "Eurozone" banks sold some gold earlier this week and it was announced yesterday (I posted it). Is that what you're referring to?

James Turk of GoldMoney.com latest commentary.

More Than a Helping Hand

So... to take my mind off watching G/S :rolleyes: I've been playing a little with the graph in this article.

Go HERE, and select "Large" for the size at the bottom-right of the chart. Now set the units to: "Change, Billions of Dollars" and the date range start to 1969-01-01 .... refresh the graph and notice how every time the Fed has loaned money in the past, it's been paid back soon after.

Then look at today... shorten the time range if you like... and you'll see that so far they've just leant and leant and leant. Some of it got paid back right at the very start of this mess, but since then, nothing.

And some say what's going on now is deflationary. How the feck is this deflationary?!

So... to take my mind off watching G/S :rolleyes: I've been playing a little with the graph in this article.

Go HERE, and select "Large" for the size at the bottom-right of the chart. Now set the units to: "Change, Billions of Dollars" and the date range start to 1969-01-01 .... refresh the graph and notice how every time the Fed has loaned money in the past, it's been paid back soon after.

Then look at today... shorten the time range if you like... and you'll see that so far they've just leant and leant and leant. Some of it got paid back right at the very start of this mess, but since then, nothing.

And some say what's going on now is deflationary. How the feck is this deflationary?!

and then add the following series!!!

FDHBFRBN , Federal Debt Held by Federal Reserve Banks, Mar Jun Sep Dec, Billions of Dollars, Not Seasonally Adjusted

suddenly your borrow line looks very very small

... Then look at today... shorten the time range if you like... and you'll see that so far they've just leant and leant and leant. Some of it got paid back right at the very start of this mess, but since then, nothing.

On that note: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

Fed Extends Emergency Loan Programs Through January (Update3)

July 30 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Reserve extended its emergency lending programs to Wall Street firms through January after policy makers judged that markets are still too weak to go without a backstop from the central bank.

They will pay it all back, right?

Right??

:lol: :lol:

Not that I know of.

Two "Eurozone" banks sold some gold earlier this week and it was announced yesterday (I posted it). Is that what you're referring to?

Oh that's what it was, thanks.

That's such an excellent article GF.

``The U.S. is pulling out all the stops here to make sure we don't have a terrible downturn or a collapse in the financial system,'' said Allen Sinai, chief global economist at Decision Economics in Boston. ``There isn't anything else the Federal Reserve can do but to keep pumping liquidity into the system.''

I quite agree.

Commodity bull market 101

They push the commodity price down by shorting it with paper contracts on future exchanges. Artificially low prices spur demand, then the shorts can't deliver enough of the real stuff. Stockpiles drop, prices shoot back up, the shorts get squeezed and by covering they push prices up even more than before.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

Oil Rises as Report Shows Unexpected Gasoline-Supply Decline

By Mark Shenk

July 30 (Bloomberg) -- Crude oil rose more than $1 a barrel after the U.S. Energy Department reported the first decline in gasoline inventories in five weeks.

Supplies fell 3.53 million barrels to 213.6 million barrels last week, the department said today. Stockpiles were forecast to rise 350,000 barrels, according to a Bloomberg News survey.

Commodity bull market 101

They push the commodity price down by shorting it with paper contracts on future exchanges. Artificially low prices spur demand, then the shorts can't deliver enough of the real stuff. Stockpiles drop, prices shoot back up, the shorts get squeezed and by covering they push prices up even more than before.

SNIP

What do you think of DrBubb's prediction?

SNIP

As I have said elsewhere. I have been expecting Oil to make a peak somewhere between $140 and $160, and then head back towards $80-110. (Then, after the correction, I expect a huge move up in oil. I am currently targetting $400 per barrell for 2010-12.) SNIP

Edit: Spelling. Sorry DrBubb