Ladies and Gentlemen, stay patient. ‘Shorterz Shooting Season’ is only a few weeks away and they are going to be well-fed this year.

grouse.jpg

Season starts on the glorious 25th of August –the historical optimal date for gold purchase over the last 10 years.

The six best months of performance will soon lie ahead. Take the present now on offer at $900 (if you can, my funds are a few weeks away :( )

:lol::lol:

Commiserations. Mine are three weeks away also! But hey, still beats the 25th! :lol:

I wonder if this could be the last opportunty... before being priced out of the market. :huh:

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Well $900 or there abouts looks good to me (that was where I bought my last lot in Feb).

I think I'll increase my savings from 30% gold to 50%. I'd be tempted to go all in but a bit of fiat will act as a buffer for day to day purchases should the POG drop further / take it's time to rise enough to cover the mint's fees.

Now I'd like a nice top of at least $1800 please Sir!

Sylvester, would you make your mind up! Do you want it to go up or down!? :lol::lol:

But seriously, I am in two minds also. If it goes up.... yahoo!. If it stays down or goes down.... I can continue to buy. :rolleyes:

The perfect scenario [for the likes of me I guess] is for it to stay down for another six months. Did you hear that PPT!!! :lol:

Hmm, decisions decisions

More funds just into the account.

Should I wait for the Friday pm attempted smackdown, today's smackdown, or do it now?

I think I hate indecision, but I'm not sure.

Yes. Another quote that says it all:

``I would be surprised if Jan. 30 marks the end of the measures,'' said Mark Vitner, senior economist at Wachovia Corp. in Charlotte, North Carolina. ``The credit crunch is very much with us and, if anything, spreading a bit to consumer borrowing.''

Words are powerful things. One thing that continues to bug me is this pithy little phrase "credit crunch". This quaint little phrase, which sounds so innocuous, is surely the misnomer/understatement of the year. Considering that the "credit crunch" may only worsen and bring the capital markets to a grinding halt and in turn possibly usher in a depression, should it not be called a credit crisis, or credit collapse, or bank zombification or some other such serious term?

If things pan out as some here do, it will be the understatement of the century.

Also, interesting article here comparing the depression to what may come.

http://financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/s.../2008/0730.html

Hmm, decisions decisions

Should I wait for the Friday pm attempted smackdown, today's smackdown, or do it now?

I'm no financial advisor but if you're buying physical it really doesn't matter if you get a mini dip every now and then. $910 is a bargain.

``I would be surprised if Jan. 30 marks the end of the measures,'' said Mark Vitner, senior economist at Wachovia Corp. in Charlotte, North Carolina. ``The credit crunch is very much with us and, if anything, spreading a bit to consumer borrowing.''

Words are powerful things. One thing that continues to bug me is this pithy little phrase "credit crunch". This quaint little phrase, which sounds so innocuous, is surely the misnomer/understatement of the year. Considering that the "credit crunch" may only worsen and bring the capital markets to a grinding halt and in turn possibly usher in a depression, should it not be called a credit crisis, or credit collapse, or bank zombification or some other such serious term?

If things pan out as some here do, it will be the understatement of the century.

Indeed. I try to use the phrase "credit collapse" whenever talking about the current financial mess, NLP and all that :)

I'm no financial advisor but if you're buying physical it really doesn't matter if you get a mini dip every now and then. $910 is a bargain.

Yeah, LauraB - what Bobsta said ^^^

Looking at a 5-year or even 1-year graph of gold makes it pretty clear that waiting a couple of hours isn't going to make any noticable difference. Buying in small amounts, regularly and often, is the key.. then trend is your friend :)

this is my outlook for next weeks:

eur/usd found strong support at 1.550 , they likely to test 1.580 once again, and this will be the last time. Euro fundamentaly goes down, so this i favorable for the USD, some analysts say it going to 1.4400

Right now, the USD is exausted in the way up, so it needs a pullback. Stocks are not likely to conquer new highs because of earnings.

Oil had a veeery long way down, so it has to try 132 once again.

So, this may happend on the GDP or unemployment releases (thursday/friday):

-Euro up to retest highs last time

-Gold & Oil together follow euro up

-Stocks plunge , releasing foreign investment from stocks , USD goes lower, better for gold & oil

After that:

- Euro reach 1.580 and starts a big fall

-Oil & gold follow euro on way down to 110/880 area

-USD tops at 76 points or around

-The media will be saying oil is going to 50 bucks or so, the dollar is strong and this is when oil will go up 50 bucks in a few days and gold a huge move up to 1100

-After oil passing 150 we may start looking for the dollar to collapse

Gold Investment & Trading - #6 : Aug. 2008,

Is the summer selloff in CDNX ending?

Last month, I subtitled the thread:

Are Juniors (CDNX) ready to soar with Gold?

I couldnt have been more wrong !

(Note: Alexa ranking was 297,000)

END of the July thread:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....&start=1100

Hmm, decisions decisions

Hi LauraB.

I just buy on the 1st each month regardless of the price. I'd do my head in otherwise worrying about whether I'd timed it right, which I can guarantee I wouldn't...

crude.

Picked up from the July thread:

this is my outlook for next weeks:

eur/usd found strong support at 1.550 , they likely to test 1.580 once again, and this will be the last time. Euro fundamentaly goes down, so this i favorable for the USD, some analysts say it going to 1.4400

Right now, the USD is exausted in the way up, so it needs a pullback. Stocks are not likely to conquer new highs because of earnings.

Oil had a veeery long way down, so it has to try 132 once again.

So, this may happend on the GDP or unemployment releases (thursday/friday):

-Euro up to retest highs last time

-Gold & Oil together follow euro up

-Stocks plunge , releasing foreign investment from stocks , USD goes lower, better for gold & oil

After that:

- Euro reach 1.580 and starts a big fall

-Oil & gold follow euro on way down to 110/880 area

-USD tops at 76 points or around

-The media will be saying oil is going to 50 bucks or so, the dollar is strong and this is when oil will go up 50 bucks in a few days and gold a huge move up to 1100

-After oil passing 150 we may start looking for the dollar to collapse

Personally, I think yesterday's weak opening could have marked a possible of low in Gold

Hi LauraB.

I just buy on the 1st each month regardless of the price. I'd do my head in otherwise worrying about whether I'd timed it right, which I can guarantee I wouldn't...

crude.

Hi LauraB.

crude.

PLEASE USE the new thread for AUGUST. Thanks

Link:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=3910

Also, interesting article here comparing the depression to what may come.

http://financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/s.../2008/0730.html

There;s never a perfect time to make the switch.

I try to do it outside NY trading hours

I hope you took our advice Laura!

$924.20 and rising. Silver on a tear too at $17.78

Silver bounced wonderfully - 4% in a few hours. That shows what's possible. ...but watch out for another smackdown tomorrow. The PPT will have noticed silvers bounce, plus the bounce in oil prices again today.

Well I go that one wrong ...I'm pleased to say (having bought at 17.1 last week)

...but tomorrow is another day, and a Friday at that!

However, I still think gold and silver are not going any/much lower before a big run up.

One other good thing - I capped by electricity and gas bills last Friday with British Gas, at a 10% increase. So given their 35% increase yesterday, that's a 25% relative saving - providing another few hundred quid extra I'll now be able to invest in gold :)