That's exactly what I did. All coins today. 50% silver. Looking forward to holding them in my hands. :) If the price stays like this or goes lower, I'll buy more coins next month. I don't have enough smaller coins yet. When the SHTF, I don't want to be in the situation that I always have to buy the WHOLE supermarket. :lol:

dont buy tesco i hate em

no sign of Cerberus today - wish hed get on with it - just updated my portfolio for the end of July and it aint pretty

The Four Tyres of the Apocalypse

Central bankers are again trying to contain the forces they themselves set in motion. But,

irreparable harm has already been done because the genie that Greenspan let out of the

bottle was no ordinary genie, it was Cerberus, the hound from hell.

Cerberus, Hades’ three-headed hound, is now on the loose. It is a sign of the times that

many still hope central bankers can save them from what is about to happen. But hope is

as blind as the information upon which it feeds—for although the bankers let Cerberus

out, they are powerless to put him back in.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Don't fret just yet, the 200 dma will come into play slightly below $890, we could see a strong bounce.

i just found out that the gold market is a desert right now.

check out the number of open contracts, they are LOWER than March lows! the good thing is that there is no shorts (and no longs either), kind of "vacations"... really weird.

Just for the curious, CoinInvestDirect.com has this for the Finland-based silver investor:

This item is not available for shipment to the selected Ship To country Finland until next calendar year. For 2008 we have reached the limit of VAT liable goods as per Article 34 of EC directive 2006/112/EC, VAT directive. Please chose a different Ship To country.

Perkele. :(

i just found out that the gold market is a desert right now.

check out the number of open contracts, they are LOWER than March lows! the good thing is that there is no shorts (and no longs either), kind of "vacations"... really weird.

Nice chart, do you have one that goes back further, I find it hard to get reliable volume information on gold. September is usually the start of buying season for gold, I'd like to see how last september compares.

Nice chart, do you have one that goes back further, I find it hard to get reliable volume information on gold. September is usually the start of buying season for gold, I'd like to see how last september compares.

I've found a site that uses supercharts, like the one you posted.

http://futures.tradingcharts.com/chart/GD/W

The weekly and monthly charts don't tally with the daily chart, so I've no confidence in this data, but if anyone does have reliable volume info for gold, could you post it up please.

OK, I have moved all the posts that resulted from my innocent little post to a new thread.

Do you know how much work that is ?!

I am never going to make the mistake of asking an innocent little question like that in the wrong place again :blink::D

It's here:

The History of Gold, And why it makes a good money

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=3963

I hope that's OK with everyone :D

IMO silver is now well into good buying territory.

JPY1,827.8358/oz (That's $16.9000/oz)

You may have a minimum of 1 day from the FOMC announcement at that price if things repeat, maybe a little longer.

I'm trying to see how close I can guess it :D

That also implies a similar low in gold IMO.

Currently $893.40/oz

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

Bernanke May Sound Tougher on Inflation to Avert Fed Rebellion

Aug. 5 (Bloomberg) -- Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke, likely to leave interest rates unchanged today, may need to sound tougher on inflation to avert the sharpest public disagreement among policy makers in more than a decade. ...

I am sooo happy to see that Heli-Ben has to only SOUND tougher to make everything better. This is the Age of Sond. No actions required. So happy to see this. Dude. :lol:

What a beautiful sight this morning, down the price goes :lol:

I have powder primmed and ready, im looking to lock in some Krugs / eagles at £450 a piece. Its been my target for months now but I fear that silly season will end very shortly as september is in sight.

What do you think will we hit $845 ish ?????? I fear strong support at $850 and I thought at $890

Or is it the cartel just whacking the price ahead of the FEDs talk which might include some futher inflation talk reignighting the gold rocket.

What a beautiful sight this morning, down the price goes :lol:

I have powder primmed and ready, im looking to lock in some Krugs / eagles at £450 a piece. Its been my target for months now but I fear that silly season will end very shortly as september is in sight.

What do you think will we hit $845 ish ?????? I fear strong support at $850 and I thought at $890

Or is it the cartel just whacking the price ahead of the FEDs talk which might include some futher inflation talk reignighting the gold rocket.

Happily my funds came through early, and faster than I could check the spot price I got myself a few more ounces. I am of the persuasion that the only dry powder to be had these days is gold and silver.... the other currencies have been compromised, are taking on water and sinking. :rolleyes:

Happily my funds came through early, and faster than I could check the spot price got myself a few more ounces. I am of the persuasion that the only dry powder to be found these days is gold and silver.... the other currencies have been compromised, are taking on water and sinking. :rolleyes:

US Dollar-bull Liz CapoMcCormick and Momtchil Pojarliev do not think so, clearly...

[Canadian Dollar] It's one of five of the 16 most-widely traded currencies to drop against the U.S. greenback, joining the New Zealand dollar, South Korean won, South African rand and British pound.

My currency is still not at BV. hmph.

If you haven't seen it, check out my analysis of the FOMC effect:

Analysis of the FOMC effect on Gold & Silver

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=3962

I hope that gives you quite a good idea.

Thanks Steve, nice graphs. Am I reading them correct, the smack down comes after the anouncement so from your analysis the $884 low of this morning should be taken out this afternoon ??

US Dollar-bull Liz CapoMcCormick and Momtchil Pojarliev do not think so, clearly...

[Canadian Dollar] It's one of five of the 16 most-widely traded currencies to drop against the U.S. greenback, joining the New Zealand dollar, South Korean won, South African rand and British pound.

My currency is still not at BV. hmph.

Haven't these guys heard of relativity? :blink:

All fiat currencies could be weakening.... the one that may be weakening the least at any one moment will appear to other fiat currencies as strengthening. :lol:

Thanks Steve, nice graphs. Am I reading them correct, the smack down comes after the anouncement so from your analysis the $884 low of this morning should be taken out this afternoon ??

I think there may be slightly different reasons for the price movements for each one. And it's a rather small sample.

That's why I avoided posting my own conclusions.

What does appear to be true is:

1. The price goes down before the meeting

2. It may go down more after

3. In most cases it soon rises again

My guess would be a low is imminent, and won't last long.

The more of these factors I can find and keep up to date, hopefully the more intelligent we can all make our decisions.

No one yet has commented on my SilverJPY theory. IMO if you watch that chart, the most likely is a bounce off the MA, or above.

Unlikely is a drop below. I am watching it closely to see if that proves true.

I don't know why the MA on that chart is a better indicator (well I think it is). It could be that Yen is involved in the silver market.

I think there may be slightly different reasons for the price movements for each one. And it's a rather small sample.

That's why I avoided posting my own conclusions.

What does appear to be true is:

1. The price goes down before the meeting

2. It may go down more after

3. In most cases it soon rises again

My guess would be a low is imminent, and won't last long.

The more of these factors I can find and keep up to date, hopefully the more intelligent we can all make our decisions.

No one yet has commented on my SilverJPY theory. IMO if you watch that chart, the most likely is a bounce off the MA, or above.

Unlikely is a drop below. I am watching it closely to see if that proves true.

I don't know why the MA on that chart is a better indicator (well I think it is). It could be that Yen is involved in the silver market.

Steve its always a great help to get other peoples thoughts and conclusions.

Loaded with silver and a few gold coins yesterday. Are we close to this bottom? I feel as if I've caught a handful of falling knives over the last three weeks. My dry powder is running out and it just keeps getting cheaper.

I'm glad most of you seem to be enjoying this dip in G & S. No, really! :) Personally I prefer not to lose money in something I've already invested in so that I can buy at a lower price. But hey, at least some of you are happy, even if I'm pretty miserable! :)

Somehow this seems quite apt right now:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5n6chxpEINs

Roll on September!

I'm glad most of you seem to be enjoying this dip in G & S. No, really! :) Personally I prefer not to lose money in something I've already invested in so that I can buy at a lower price. But hey, at least some of you are happy, even if I'm pretty miserable! :)

Roll on September!

No pain no gain ?

How about: At least you are insured. It might have hit the fan while you were uninsured, so you protected against a potential loss.

Or: You've got to pull a ball low into the water if you want it to shoot out of the water.

Hopefully you'll feel better soon :D

Roll on September!

:unsure:

Kind of in agreement with you there, Bobsta. Ok I haven't lost money having bought in a lot lower than this but I always try to remember that I can only set so much store by what I read on the internet even if the sources of information are particularly knowledgeable. I still believe in the long-term bull market in PMs and at times like this, I ask myself some fairly simple questions like: Is the US banking system REALLY out of the woods ? Did or did NOT gold hit $1032-ish in March while oil was at far lower levels ? Is there likely to be less or more investment demand for gold going forward ? I don't wanna sound patronising so forgive me if i do but I take comfort in simplicity.

I ain't backin' up no truck to load up when the path ain't clear but even though I might end up kicking myself by year end with gold at $1200, I'm happy to look elsewhere for opportunities. Uranium and water come to mind.

Roll on September!

As always Bobsta, my fortunes seem to track yours.... :( Of course, I know why that is and I think so do you, but Sinclair woudl have no sympathy...