Two for the silver lovers !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q99GdBdX4u4

Breakout such a lovely song. Them were the days (and the days before it) when there was culture.

Here is another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JOVrkjM6Cc...feature=related

and this goes without fail!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSq8ZBdSxNU...feature=related

BTW, been away on holiday. Nice to get back and catch up with you guys. Golds fallen from its $975 but looks ready to move back towards $1000 mark again. (I hope)

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I've copied the entire post of G0ldfingers from the previous thread as I thought it was important, but I didn't have time before to properly read it.

There are just so many things to try and keep up with. Apologies if I fail to answer any questions or thank anyone etc.

-------------------------

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showpost.ph...postcount=15351

Bill,

STUNNING REVELATION FROM GS TOCOM POSITION

In the July 29 session on the TOCOM Goldman Sachs COVERED a substantial 233 short contracts to bring their net short position to 5600 contracts. This brings their net short position to the LOWEST EVER in the last 30 months (the time I have been keeping records). The chart below is astonishing. There is almost a perfect descending trend channel in the net short position of Goldman Sachs which it has followed for over two years so it can hardly be called a coincidence. If this trend continues then the very latest that GS can reach a net short position of zero is when the top trend line meets the X axis. That extrapolates to November 25 2008!! Now isn’t that amazing? That is almost exactly the same date as the expiry of the MASSIVE COMEX Call option position in the DEC08 contract. I had already predicted from the Call option structure that gold will make a huge move sometime between now and the expiry of these options. We now have further confirmation because it looks as if Goldman Sachs will no longer be net short gold by that date!

Midas0730F.gif

Cheers

Adrian

Gold action…

Bill,

It is very significant that the cartel best efforts to bring down gold on Monday on the day of option expiry failed. They have been able to bring gold down $30 since then, but when it mattered to take call options out of the money the buyers were in control. The massive DEC08 call option position shows there is some very big money moving into gold. They have no interest in stopping the cartel from taking down gold now that the option expiry is over. Their interest will be to pick up as much gold as they can at the bargain basement price financed by the cartel. As I write this we are only $10 above the 200 day MA…we can expect some very strong buying to emerge shortly. This is the killer move down that makes the final capitulation of those who just can’t take it anymore.

Cheers

Adrian

A quickie on Bullionvault if I may

Now my man has opened one (Euros). Should he choose London or Zurich? -Or doesn't it matter?

A quickie on Bullionvault if I may

Now my man has opened one (Euros). Should he choose London or Zurich? -Or doesn't it matter?

Depending how you view the financial situation deteriorating, certainly those on the pessimistic side would say Zurich. If it's a short-term punt, it doesn't matter IMHO, but if I was keeping it there long-term I would choose Zurich. Don't want the VIAMAT vaults being raided on a whim on a trumped-up 'terrism' threat!

Depending how you view the financial situation deteriorating, certainly those on the pessimistic side would say Zurich. If it's a short-term punt, it doesn't matter IMHO, but if I was keeping it there long-term I would choose Zurich. Don't want the VIAMAT vaults being raided on a whim on a trumped-up 'terrism' threat!

Agreed, I chose Zurich. On the price front it doesn't really matter as although the purchase price is higher, the resale price is also higher.

The one thing to point out is that BV charge you a "holding fee" on a monthly basis per vault. So I'd advise you pick one vault and stick with it. If you spread your gold around you'll pay multiple management fees.

I chose Zurich. It's kinda cool thinking "I have a kilo of gold in Zurich" :)

The one thing to point out is that BV charge you a "holding fee" on a monthly basis per vault. So I'd advise you pick one vault and stick with it. If you spread your gold around you'll pay multiple management fees.

Erm. I have gold in all 3 locations and they still only charge me the same as when it's in one location.

I have been very happy with BV so far, but then I've nver actually *withdrawn* anything! (should test that, some time!)

Thxs guys :)

Zurich for him

London (already) for me. I wont get too paranoid about seizure.

Though I know (the much respected) Cgnao wont approve of this at all !

this volume in crude oil should pull gold up. I am still waiting for dollar to have a significant low. Looks like unemployment report may be good tomorrow, but they can sell off USD even on good news.

Anyone know what time the figures are due out?

Will the normal weekend smackdown arrive later today?

I may make my last physical buy today so it would be handy to know. :rolleyes: