There seems to be two leaf designs on the 1 ounce gold maple coin. One is the typical one that we all know and the other is the same as the 100kg coin with the fancier leaf design. Does any one know if this is the 2009 design? Or is it 2008 even?

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

There seems to be two leaf designs on the 1 ounce gold maple coin. One is the typical one that we all know and the other is the same as the 100kg coin with the fancier leaf design. Does any one know if this is the 2009 design? Or is it 2008 even?

There are four that I know of. The original or standard, the 20th Anniversay which is similar, the 2007 and the 2008 limited editions.

standardwj8.png

2007cg6.jpg

2008ox2.jpg

Are you sure you want to post that in public ?

You're going to get slaughtered :blink::lol:

:D

I hope hes wrong. Made feel a little sick when I read that!

Why cant you post some nice positive charts Ker? I guess they are positive if you haven't got gold yet or trade it.

Why cant you post some nice positive charts Ker? I guess they are positive if you haven't got gold yet or trade it.

That could be something in line with Barry Ritholtz's opinion on markets' irrational overreactions (down to $500 and then up to $2,000 shortly afterwards in an unprecedented record time). I think it' unlikely since it would possibly lead to a COMEX default. I also think it's too dangerous not to be in gold and taking a huge short term gamble risk. It's steady accumulation for me.

Were the indians waiting to buy gold? I hope for their own sakes they don't wait much longer!

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

Subbarao Abandons India `Inflation Vigil,' May Cut Rates Again

By Cherian Thomas

Nov. 3 (Bloomberg) -- Indian central bank governor Duvvuri Subbarao has abandoned the ``inflation vigil'' he outlined just 10 days ago in his inaugural monetary policy statement.

For the first time since 1997, the Reserve Bank of India on Nov. 1 deployed all three of its main tools to shore up growth after inter-bank lending rates climbed to 21 percent. Economists at Yes Bank Ltd. and Standard Chartered Bank predict more interest-rate cuts following the weekend reduction.

``India's central bank has no other option but to focus on economic expansion,'' said Shubhada M. Rao, chief economist at Yes Bank Ltd. in Mumbai. ``Global cues have turned against growth and it was surprising to see the hawkish tones on inflation'' last month, he said.

He also reduced the amount of deposits that lenders need to set aside as cash reserves to 5.5 percent from 6.5 percent,

wow.

EDIT by my crappo calculation this last step of reducing reserve requirements from 6.5% to 5.5% increases the money supply so that for every prior 1 rupee in circulation, there's now 1*18/15 . ... i.e. 1.2.. money supply just went up by 20%!

1/0.065

to 1/0.055

=15.38

to

Whoa..

That could be something in line with Barry Ritholtz's opinion on markets' irrational overreactions (down to $500 and then up to $2,000 shortly afterwards in an unprecedented record time). I think it' unlikely since it would possibly lead to a COMEX default. I also think it's too dangerous not to be in gold and taking a huge short term gamble risk. It's steady accumulation for me.

Thanks for the reassurance. I cant see me bailing out at a massive loss and will ride out the lows if they get worse. I will buy more for sure on the lows but I could have bought allot more had I not spent it higher up! Even though the spot price is lower than when I bought, the real price is higher, apart from BV.

i think positive charts will be showing up later, after the crisis ends. but I don't know why are you worried?, i also hold physical, I bought silver at 17, at 15, and 10, whats the problem with going down if you are not planing to sell it until 50 ? just buy more and that's it. You should see this chart as an oportunity to load up more to your portfolio, not as a scary halloween movie ;)

Thanks for the reassurance. I cant see me bailing out at a massive loss and will ride out the lows if they get worse. I will buy more for sure on the lows but I could have bought allot more had I not spent it higher up! Even though the spot price is lower than when I bought, the real price is higher, apart from BV.

Like dr strangelove im going to be riding this one all the way down too :)

DrStrangelove.jpg

Were the indians waiting to buy gold? I hope for their own sakes they don't wait much longer!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Cities/...how/3641561.cms

Gold rates fell to $699 per ounce on Friday before settling at $732. This was a god-sent for Indian consumers, who are eager to buy gold on Dhanteras. Just before the auspicious day, prices dwindled to Rs 12,000 per tola (10 grams) as compared to an all-time high of Rs 14,000. Even traders who were expecting a dull Dhanteras had their cash registers ringing.

In fact, jewellers are now faced with a supply crunch and wholesalers are charging a premium over and above the base price, which is calculated by adding the local taxes to the dollar rates.

Dubai runs out of gold on Diwali rush

By Sunita Menon, Staff Reporter

Published: October 27, 2008, 23:36

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Society/10255029.html

And Vietnam ?

Vietnamese seek the security of gold

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle5019424.ece

i don't know if gold will hit 350 or not , it could happen, but right now it is not clear at all, what we can clearly identify is the bottom when it occur, and it looks flat for around 3 months, like in this old chart:

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq30/ke...big-takeoff.png

Ker,

I would like to see you do that with a log scale.

IMO linear charts are OK for short periods (because the growth rate line can be approximated to be a straight line), but on longer scales, I think it can be dangerous.

Actually, I will demonstrate what I mean.

Here is the linear version, which shows shortish periods following straight lines, but superimposed on a longer term growth curve:

GoldUS_081003_lin.gif

Here is the log version, which with a constant growth rate, would follow a straight line:

GoldUS_081003_log.gif

To me, the previous support level I mentioned at around 685 is getting very close to the roughly 650 level from that trend line.

To me, that's looking like a launch point. Maybe :D

Ker,

I would like to see you do that with a log scale.

IMO linear charts are OK for short periods (because the growth rate line can be approximated to be a straight line), but on longer scales, I think it can be dangerous.

good point Steve! Now it makes sense why my daily chart wants to go sub 660

i think positive charts will be showing up later, after the crisis ends. but I don't know why are you worried?, i also hold physical, I bought silver at 17, at 15, and 10, whats the problem with going down if you are not planing to sell it until 50 ? just buy more and that's it. You should see this chart as an oportunity to load up more to your portfolio, not as a scary halloween movie ;)

That may depend on how close you are to 50...