• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

As far as I am experiencing, there is no gold market right now due to a shortage.

There is a bloody 3 weeks waitlist to get the kilo gold bars I want to buy with the significant profits of my option "hobby". Not ounce wafers or coins, kilo gold bars! 3 weeks!

To add insult to injury, the sonofabitch gnome of Zurich won't lock the price in. I had to pay him an advance just for the privilege of being given the opportunity to buy at whatever the price will be in 3 weeks. He says it's because it's become "difficult to hedge on the futures market".

Quite a lengthy post for Cgano but then I believe Cgano likes music how about this then.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0wkkuaTvIso

Steve Netwriter might enjoy it ;)

Quite a lengthy post for Cgano but then I believe Cgano likes music how about this then.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0wkkuaTvIso

Steve Netwriter might enjoy it ;)

Here's another which, thanks to constant replays by older sisters, gave me nightmares as a kid.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv0azq9GF_g&...feature=related

I recently ran a large scale high temperature experiment. The reaction ran away so that the temperature soared. We all got really scared because we couldn't shut it down. Folk were panicking but then the thermocouple indicated that the temperature was falling. Phew it must have burnt itself out, we thought!

5hrs later the whole reactor melted, spreading molten ceramics around the factory. Picking over the wreckage a few days later when it had cooled we found the thermocouples has burned out long before the final meltdown.

Luckily no-one was hurt, but the take home message is clear. When conditions get extreme your trusted indicators can be worse than useless.

Interesting post :D

Silver is beyond farce. There is no way to analyze a market in which the price keeps going down, or nowhere, yet you CAN’T buy it. I mean how absurd can you get?

I keep reading about shortages, yet, as I use tulving.com as my "barometer", he has more inventory now than he's had in months. And he's been lowering his premium on the silver Eagles. Granted, I'm sure he has better connections and inventory management than most, but it's very possible right now to buy gold and silver. Btw, I'd love nothing more than to go to his website someday soon and see he's sold out of everything!

Here's another which, thanks to constant replays by older sisters, gave me nightmares as a kid.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv0azq9GF_g&...feature=related

And you call yourself a Kiwi :P:D

Hayley Westenra - Wuthering Heights

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pkTF5DRBxpI&...feature=related

:D :D

That is my belief but I could be wrong - it would be nice to know what percent of traders are making a profit.

At the rate we are going the percentage will be 0 in less than a year. Timings the sort of swings we are getting at the moment is impossible, even for the supposed hedge fund 'geniuses'. Just one wrong move will wipe them out for good. For most hedgies, their alpha has already gone up in smoke, the next year will see their solvency go the same way.

Gold/silver are totally manipulated - by the PPT, central banks, FED, BOE - all acting in one general direction.

Charts are a waste of time in this environment. It is all POLITICS, nothing to do with fundamentals or supply and demand.

PPT investigating manipulation in the Silver market (crimex) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its a bit like asking the SS concentration camp guards in the Nuremberg Trials did any of them killed any prisoners. :rolleyes: .

quote Update 11/4/2008: Ted Butler has commented that he doubts this investigation will bear fruit. He says no investigation is needed; all the CFTC has to do is look at their own public reports to see evidence of manipulation.

And then I discovered this startling nugget of info: guess who’s on the President’s “Plunge Protection Team”–the very same team that’s behind the bank(s) that are used to manipulate the markets?

http://meltdown2011.wordpress.com/2008/09/...r-manipulation/

post-1607-1226165002_thumb.png

My man has 60 SIXTY!!! brand new Johsnon Matthey .9999 kilo bars for sale at spot + $14.95 per ounce.

http://www.tulving.com/goldbull.html

How much is Fed-Ex from CA USA to Zurich?

Gold could explode well before 3 weeks are up - i.e 15th/16th. Or not! :lol:

Not an option sadly.

http://www.tulving.com/New%20Pages/overseas_customers.htm

How Customers Out Of The U.S. Can Now Buy From

The Tulving Company.

Minimum Size Total Order ( Both Gold And Silver)-$20,000

Our Phone Number For International (Canada ONLY) Calls- 800-995-1708 or 714 545-3030 (Other Than Canada And You Will Be Reimbursed IF You Buy From Us)

Storage In A U.S. Depository- First State Depository In Delaware or A Depository Of Your Choice In The U.S. With a segregated account in YOUR name only.

As of June 19, 2008, First State Depository Has Segregated Accounts Which Cost You .005 per year. To compute, that's less than $42 a month for a $100,000 account.

Steps To Place An Order-In This Sequence ONLY.

1) Decide How Much You Initially Want To Spend ($20,000 Minimum)

2) Contact First State Depository in Delaware Or A Depository Of Your Choice And Set Up An Account.

3) Call Us With The Name On The Wire And Tell Us How Much The Wire Is For, Along With Your Depository Account # And The Name And Address Of The Depository.

4) Wire Us The Amount You Want To Spend (Wire ONLY). For International Wire Transfers Our Swift # is CALBUS66

5) AFTER, And Only After, We Have Gotten Funds From You, Tell Us What You Want In The Way Of Precious Metals, When You Choose.

6) Your Leftover Balance Will Be Sent In A Check To Your Depository And Used To Pay Your Storage Bill Or Pay Your Storage Bill In Advance.

7) We Will Ship Your Gold Express Mail, Fully Insured, Thru The U.S. Post Office, And Your Silver Will Be Shipped UPS Ground, Fully Insured, To Your Account At The Depository You Choose.

8) As Soon As You Give Us Your E Mail Address And You Have An Order In Place, We Will E Mail You An Invoice.

9) Please Do Not Ask For Us To Ship Out Of The U.S., As We Will Not Under Any Circumstance Or Situation. We Will ONLY Ship To A U.S. Depository Of Your Choice.

Shhhhhhhhhh! There's a shortage, don't you know. Play the game! ;):P:P;)

I am so relieved... The shortage is over... NOT!

Same at ATS bullion and in the whole UK, same at virtually all retail bullion dealers all over Western Europe, including Switzerland. You can't buy in significant size for immediate delivery.

http://www.goldline.co.uk/

Update: NEW COIN STOCK ARRIVING 10/11 - V. Limited stocks of 1 oz Krugers and 1 oz Maples arriving next week - still delays of approx 2 weeks for gold bars

As far as I am experiencing, there is no gold market right now due to a shortage.

There is a bloody 3 weeks waitlist to get the kilo gold bars I want to buy with the significant profits of my option "hobby". Not ounce wafers or coins, kilo gold bars! 3 weeks!

To add insult to injury, the sonofabitch gnome of Zurich won't lock the price in. I had to pay him an advance just for the privilege of being given the opportunity to buy at whatever the price will be in 3 weeks. He says it's because it's become "difficult to hedge on the futures market".

Indeed there is no real market anymore in gold, equities or bonds as far as I can see, since government 'funny money' came in to play.

How much cheaper is gold buying through your gnome than say Goldline for a 1kg bar? The wait seems to be the same.

goldsilverscatter071108as3.png

w1063.png

Nice chart. I've always liked this approach since you first introduced me to them on HPC before the madness over there.

But aren't we in the land of 'aberrations' right now?

IMO the whole PM maker right now is an aberration. "Don't believe the hype"

How much cheaper is gold buying through your gnome than say Goldline for a 1kg bar? The wait seems to be the same.

It used to be between 1.5 and 2% over london fix, depending on quantity. He told me already the premium will be higher. I'll find out in three weeks time.

Absolutely. We're in the right one. I don't think it will last longer than 1-2 years. Could be much shorter indeed.

Yep. Like the GPS going haywire mid-voyage. You don't change course, just keep following the compass. What does the chart look like without log/log vertices?

It used to be between 1.5 and 2% over london fix, depending on quantity. He told me already the premium will be higher. I'll find out in three weeks time.

Hmm. Not ideal ( I don't like surprises). Good luck!

If it's 4% over fix I guess you might as well use Goldline/Bairds.