Ker's pennant pattern is still valid and direction is still unconfirmed, and time is running out!!!.

gold101108.jpg

Target down is circa 550 :( , if it breaks above i have a target range between 814-825

$762.50 now, we appear to have broken the pennant to the upside. Is the short squeeze starting early?

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

7, 6, 5.

Countdown aborted ;)

http://www.marketoracle.eu/Article7208.html

good find, however my buy area for silver (this week or earlier next week) is at 7.60 , because (10+5)/2=7.50 (half distance) ... and this guys targets 6.00 , will have to study more on that one, so far channels show 6 is difficult to reach on current trend, but nothing will suprise me on these markets

Really volatile markets..

It'll be interesting to see.. which way Gold goes.

MusT SAY..Cg's Bottom is holding on as well.

good find, however my buy area for silver (this week or earlier next week) is at 7.60 , because (10+5)/2=7.50 (half distance) ... and this guys targets 6.00 , will have to study more on that one, so far channels show 6 is difficult to reach on current trend, but nothing will suprise me on these markets

Does any body know what just happened to the gold 6 month lease rate? It appears they're paying you to lease gold. Would this have any thing to do with the potential Comex default? Hmmmmmm......

Found this article interesting.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/100677-mis...gold-could-rise

If I understand it correctly, the wider the spread between libor and lease rates, the greater the chance of a price spike. Or have I misinterpreted that?

post-1631-1226355333_thumb.png

Does any body know what just happened to the gold 6 month lease rate? It appears they're paying you to lease gold. Would this have any thing to do with the potential Comex default? Hmmmmmm......

If I understand it correctly, the wider the spread between libor and lease rates, the greater the chance of a price spike. Or have I misinterpreted that?

I noticed this too and the fact that the negative rate materialised on a Saturday of all days and was only available for a brief length of time, suggests that someone important sees a low in the gold price around May next year.

Could be wrong of course, though I doubt it, as it looks somewhat underhanded to say the least...

From http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/015200811091201.htm

Right time now to invest in gold, say experts

Chennai (PTI): Even as Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has assured that the top priority of his government is saving investor's confidence in the wake of the weak performance of the stock market, experts say it is the right time now to bet on gold when it comes to investment.

"Many investors lost heavily on the equities and it also seems to be a threat in the real estate market. Now it is high time for people to invest in gold, which is the best return on investment option," World Gold Council Vice-President K Shivaram said.

Gold is considered a liquid asset and investing in that would be wise because its value always increases with time, he added.

India is the largest importer and consumer of gold in the world. Indian gold consumption is between 700-800 tonnes a year, which is 25 per cent of world consumption.

South India constitutes about 40 to 50 per cent of the country's total consumption.

It goes very quiet on this thread when the POG goes down...

Agreed. I know a lot of people won't want to hear this, but I can't see gold going up again significantly for many months and I'm expecting further declines just before Christmas. Not that this will make any difference to the price of a physical ounce (so I'll keep drip feeding in that department), but I think it could be wise to start building a good cash pile in the meantime.

I would expect to get some good stink bids on commodity shares just before Xmas, particularly if we've had another sell off before then. If prices are further down I think the old end of year tax bargains game could be extremely profitable. Any thoughts for another end of year tax bargain list, Bubb?

this was a comment posted at the bottom:

The formula Brian mentions in his article is Lease Rate = LIBOR – GOFO. He therefore assumes that the amount that can be earned from the gold carry trade is the lease rate. However, that same formula can be restated as GOFO = LIBOR – Lease Rate. Which rate is the amount that can be earned from the gold carry trade?

Regrettably for Brian, it is GOFO, not the Lease Rate. How can I be so sure? Well when I worked in the Perth Mint’s Treasury and we borrowed gold, we were charged the Lease Rate, not GOFO. But don’t take my word for it. I quote from a booklet titled “A Guide to the London Bullion Market” issued by the London Bullion Market Association (who you would think would know what they are talking about): “Forward rate = Dollar interest rate – metal lease rate”

Agreed. I know a lot of people won't want to hear this, but I can't see gold going up again significantly for many months and I'm expecting further declines just before Christmas. Not that this will make any difference to the price of a physical ounce (so I'll keep drip feeding in that department), but I think it could be wise to start building a good cash pile in the meantime.

I would expect to get some good stink bids on commodity shares just before Xmas, particularly if we've had another sell off before then. If prices are further down I think the old end of year tax bargains game could be extremely profitable. Any thoughts for another end of year tax bargain list, Bubb?

I wish it would get cheaper in £ (not too much!) so I can add to the physical, but as these graphs show (1, 5, & 20yr), the price of au in fiat £ ain't getting cheaper!

http://www.goldpreciousmetals.com/charts_historic_gbp.asp

I wish it would get cheaper in £ (not too much!) so I can add to the physical, but as these graphs show (1, 5, & 20yr), the price of au in fiat £ ain't getting cheaper!

http://www.goldpreciousmetals.com/charts_historic_gbp.asp

Strange isn't it? Despite all that's happened gold is sat in pretty much exactly the same place as it was at the start of the year in £ terms (for larger quantities of gold only, coins and small bars are, of course a different matter).

I've been looking to buy a kilo gold bar or two and I think I may just take the plunge right now. I haven't a clue where the £ is going, and to be honest I don't think it matters, pretty much every currency is going to be worth a hell of a lot less in a year's time.

POG has been going sideways for far too long. Silver on my pnf chart getting squeezed at 9.5 to 10 level. I feel that the fundamentals are bad(well actually very bad), so I think silver will like gold move down.

Again, I am staying out of this carnage and am especially waiting for 15th nov...son of bretton woods...

POG has been going sideways for far too long. Silver on my pnf chart getting squeezed at 9.5 to 10 level. I feel that the fundamentals are bad(well actually very bad), so I think silver will like gold move down.

Again, I am staying out of this carnage and am especially waiting for 15th nov...son of bretton woods...

:unsure:

I've been looking to buy a kilo gold bar or two and I think I may just take the plunge right now. I haven't a clue where the £ is going, and to be honest I don't think it matters, pretty much every currency is going to be worth a hell of a lot less in a year's time.

Good luck, Marceau.. AFAIK there ain't any (except at Tulving, if you're in the USA)!

...I know a lot of people won't want to hear this, but I can't see gold going up again significantly for many months and I'm expecting further declines just before Christmas...

I haven't a clue where the £ is going, and to be honest I don't think it matters, pretty much every currency is going to be worth a hell of a lot less in a year's time.

Hi Marceau,

Those two statements seem to be a bit at odds with one another. Currencies worth a hell of a lot less would suggest gold worth a hell of a lot more, in fiat terms at least.