• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

this is so easy to see that most people will start try to catch fish at 1 to1 how about 0.2 to1 or out of a mind bending nr that will change the way of general thought

dont forget that they bend the weight whats your mums got in the basket ---thing !!!!

BREAKOUT ... of trading range for RGLD:

Last [Tick] 33.55[ + ]

Change... Up 2.26

% Change Up 7.22%

Volume 910,387

Massive move on big volume

Investors got more scared on the donwside recently. Now, this chart here looks to me as if we could be in for some scary days for the shorts pretty soon.

Gold_USD_AMAM.png

so if i was a small boy again watching all the big boys i would --GO-wow things are looking good but dosnt a poor sod in hell has the same thought before its last scream ----im not a rocket builder but i can fold a bit of paper!!

Last [Tick] 33.55[ + ]

Change... Up 2.26

% Change Up 7.22%

Volume 910,387

true but yet to happen massive move yet to come 100$ gap up but maybe only 15-20 sfr move masive break down of the main fraud paper chase

Last [Tick] 33.55[ + ]

Change... Up 2.26

% Change Up 7.22%

Volume 910,387

Typical - I held that stock for 12 months and eventually got cheesed off and sold last week for a small loss.

Bumped up my holding in GG though so could be worse.

BTW hello all and thanks for all your input it's much appreciated.

I use TDWaterhouse to trade Canadians in a self-select. Commissions are £12.95 per trade.

There's also a 1.5% currency exchange charge, so for a £1000 deal it would cost £27.95 or £55.90 a round trip. That's assuming their platform allows you to trade the stock you're interested in otherwise a telephone trade will cost a minimum of £25 (plus the currency charge)on a sliding scale.

$1,000 will be NO MATCH for gold this time.

Gold_USD_LOG_GUESS.png

go LOG and then have a real look this gaint bull in com thing will throw most people off track cos they think in paper an am i getting intereast --no,no look at this totally otherwise cos we are at heads with something that i think i know but its getting larger by the day

Typical - I held that stock for 12 months and eventually got cheesed off and sold last week for a small loss.

raw mats are different game to the run of the mill wall street stuff if you wanna be top notch then you get in at the basis on my list since 2002 Anglo Amer- BHP -rio tinto and as a base investment still good news then you go teir 2 thats around 10 to 20 stocks that i follow so 85 % of the paper stuff ive got gone not to forget is all paper profits should be turned to metal ore why did you buy the thing in the first place ha-ha

raw mats are different game to the run of the mill wall street stuff if you wanna be top notch then you get in at the basis on my list since 2002 Anglo Amer- BHP -rio tinto and as a base investment still good news then you go teir 2 thats around 10 to 20 stocks that i follow so 85 % of the paper stuff ive got gone not to forget is all paper profits should be turned to metal ore why did you buy the thing in the first place ha-ha

ermmmmmm..... saywhat!

I've read the post twice. blink, blink, nothing - sorry.

Ah the last bit "why did you buy the thing in the first place ha-ha" - poor judgment and bad timing. I don't expect to be 100% successful.

Oh dear.

One of my clients did the same. Luckily, I persuaded him to buy a few calls.

But he has missed out on a $30,000 gain by selling too soon

There's also a 1.5% currency exchange charge, so for a £1000 deal it would cost £27.95 or £55.90 a round trip. That's assuming their platform allows you to trade the stock you're interested in otherwise a telephone trade will cost a minimum of £25 (plus the currency charge)on a sliding scale.

Are you able to do the FX yourself with TD?

i.e. can you transfer to a FX dealer and then to your bank account when debitting/creditting cash?

Yes, they do suck it right out of you. I don't know why the American brokerage firms can give a $10 trade charge while n the UK we get pumped for more than twice as much. Anyone know of a cheaper service?

Yes, they do suck it right out of you. I don't know why the American brokerage firms can give a $10 trade charge while n the UK we get pumped for more than twice as much. Anyone know of a cheaper service?

I have a US TD Ameritrade account and a UK one. Back when I opened them (about 8 years ago) they were the same company and you could do one-off currency transfers and then leave the USDs in the account as you bought and sold stocks. IIRC it was DLJ Direct at that time, then through various takeovers and mergers they became TD Waterhouse, then the US side changed to TD Ameritrade. As an end-user it's been horrible and now I wouldn't even try to transfer funds between the two accounts.

I'd be interested to know how international traders operate... but I suspect they hold USD-based trading accounts.

I have a US TD Ameritrade account and a UK one. Back when I opened them (about 8 years ago) they were the same company and you could do one-off currency transfers and then leave the USDs in the account as you bought and sold stocks. IIRC it was DLJ Direct at that time, then through various takeovers and mergers they became TD Waterhouse, then the US side changed to TD Ameritrade. As an end-user it's been horrible and now I wouldn't even try to transfer funds between the two accounts.

I'd be interested to know how international traders operate... but I suspect they hold USD-based trading accounts.

they just churn and roll you !

Something I’ve done with my Tdwaterhouse account is buy the Canadian energy trusts with the higher dividends (12% -15% I think when I bought them) the dividends are paid monthly, I’ve then kept the Canadians dollars in my account and bought gold juniors with them, It hasn’t been a bad strategy the last few months.

Exciting stuff from Jimmy Sinclair.

<snip>

I will discuss the “why” of all this on www.JSMineset.com this evening.

Respectfully yours,

Jim

Only he didn't! :blink: .... D'ya think something's "happened" to Jim?! ... Maybe the PPT have a contract out for him. :unsure:

Interactive Brokers is sooo much cheaper and I dare to say even fairly stable (have a look at their share price history compared to most other brokers).

The interface has improved a lot though it is still orientated to professional traders so it takes some time to get used to.

Customer Service is ok, but not particularly fast.

Trades in currencies outside your base currency (GBP in my case) are debited from your balance in that currency. So you actually have to purchase USD or CAD or EUR in currency trades yourself otherwise you run a debit balance and get charged interest. All of this is confusing to start with if you are used to a typical UK broker who normally converts foreign currency into GBP equivalent (while screwing you on the conversion), but you do get used to it.

You also enter orders directly into the market which again gives you a lot more control over your trading.

I recommend them if you are prepared to take some time to learn the interface.

Anyone expecting a pullback this week.

My dry powder has been moved into position and I'm itching to hit the detonator.

I am expecting a pullback shortly. Gold is so volatile at the moment and seems bound to repeat its erratic moves. Conventionally thinking, you would expect gold to settle down and stabilize after a period of volatility, therein building strength to scale new heights. Yet given the awful news in the stock markets, the continuation of soaring oil and political developments, I am not so sure whether it will settle.

I have decided to use all my dry powder this week. Sure, gold may dip, most probably will, and I will lose out on a few bucks, but the peace of mind of not having to worry about it is well worth a few bucks. For me, as a long term bull, the most important thing is to get in. Hoping to do the deal tomorrow or Friday. Also hoping gold dips very soon. :lol: