• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I actually wished I still owned property today.

I didn't STR. Partly because the place was never in a good enough state to sell (procrastination again), partly because if everything really does go pear-shaped I'd rather have something to call my own (and it is 100%) than rent.

It's incredible to see the destruction of our currency.

This time last year I was buying brand spanking Krugerrands at £380 ish. It was also very easy get hold of gold back then.

There is defiantly a change in sentiment. Gold sold out in a rush over the last few days and weeks.

Is Gold still playing that "Anti-Dow" trick? ... It shot up just as the Dow shot down.

Part of me wants to "do an Azazel" :) ... I smell a smackdown (either market or PPT-induced) around the corner.

But then again, it could be an "it's different this time" moment.

Where's Ker when you need him?! :)

Is Gold still playing that "Anti-Dow" trick? ... It shot up just as the Dow shot down.

Part of me wants to "do an Azazel" :) ... I smell a smackdown (either market or PPT-induced) around the corner.

But then again, it could be an "it's different this time" moment.

Where's Ker when you need him?! :)

Don't do it Layman! Trust me, sods law says that it will rocket now. I should have had a whip round. You guys send me an ounce each and I will sell my gold. Every ones a winner! Look at it now-rocketing after the US has closed.

There is defiantly a change in sentiment. Gold sold out in a rush over the last few days and weeks.

I'm a bit suprised about silver, its clearly not a great deflation hedge right now and is definately being lumped in with the industial commodites.

Surely expect it to start moving up rapidly when gold break out to new highs in dollars.

Don't do it Layman! Trust me, sods law says that it will rocket now. I should have had a whip round. You guys send me an ounce each and I will sell my gold. Every ones a winner! Look at it now-rocketing after the US has closed.

I hope you get your gold back, aza.

I stopped any trading 4 weeks ago. I am scared now. I am usually a contra-indicator though.

I hope you get your gold back, aza.

I stopped any trading 4 weeks ago. I am scared now. I am usually a contra-indicator though.

Now I'm worrying that the money which is in Lloyds might not be safe. Something big is going on. Bush is going to crap on about it tomorrow at 2pm our time.

I will buy back soon for sure, even at a loss.

How did you get on with trading? Did you increase you gold holdings?

Now I'm worrying that the money which is in Lloyds might not be safe. Something big is going on. Bush is going to crap on about it tomorrow at 2pm our time.

I will buy back soon for sure, even at a loss.

How did you get on with trading? Did you increase you gold holdings?

Indeed, i did make a profit*. Most was my bot winning for me. Arbitrage. Other moves were selling on horns, or the odd bit of advice from cg. I have had periods of loss though - especially over christmas last year when Benazir was killed.

This time after the AIG ETF debacle it was obviously different. I have thus stopped meddling.

*i.e. ending with more gold than before, with any cash won ploughed back in.

Indeed, i did make a profit*. Most was my bot winning for me. Arbitrage. Other moves were selling on horns, or the odd bit of advice from cg. I have had periods of loss though - especially over christmas last year when Benazir was killed.

This time after the AIG ETF debacle it was obviously different. I have thus stopped meddling.

*i.e. ending with more gold than before, with any cash won ploughed back in.

If it drops over night as it often does I will buy again in the morning. If it goes up I will be too worried to go to work in the morning.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have mixed emotions at times like this.

I see gold shooting up and go "hurray".

But at the same time I get this sense of dread.

From just a year ago, things seem to have turned towards the very worst possibility :unsure:

I know what you mean. :o

Agreed, it's too late in the day for this.

Why oh why are you guys trying and trade this beast? :o

Yes, in after every dip I think I should have bought more. But then I look at my RBS-account, see it at pretty much zero, and I know I have done what I could. :)

Why oh why are you guys trying and trade this beast? :o

Yes, in after every dip I think I should have bought more. But then I look at my RBS-account, see it at pretty much zero, and I know I have done what I could. :)

aw, now you making me feel awful. I will never get to sleep now.

If I were you (FWIW), I would pick a price now that indicates to you that it isn't going to drop over night and buy back in. The next few trading days are very likely to be a bloodbath.

aw, now you making me feel awful. I will never get to sleep now.