gold buffalo question...

I got my first one delivered today; can anyone tell me, is the face /obverse upside down? I seem to have one where the indian's head when flipped by holding at 12 and 6-oclock gives an upside-down buffalo.

Did i just become a numismatist!?

Could it be fake!!!!! ??? :o

Its not fake, thats what they are like, the thing that usually makes people suspicious of them is the edge of the coin varying in thickness

http://www.taxfreegold.co.uk/goldbuffalos.html

Wavy Lines - Variable Edge Thickness

In February 2007, one of our customers telephoned to query the "faulty " edge on his gold buffalo. We took a look at our stock, and every one was the same. Because of the realistic sculpting and relief of the coin, the edge varies in thickness between 2.6 and 3.25 millimetres. We do not consider this to be a fault, rather a design feature.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Is that the wrong link? On the video the interviewee expects Gold prices to double in short order. Even the precis says: "He tells CNBC's Maura Fogarty & Rebecca Meehan that if the paper market collapses, gold prices may double very quickly."

No It's the right link.

I thought he said "gold prices may half very quickly", but no, he said "double very quickly"

Rebecca from Europe had me mesmerised so I wasn't really listening. ;)

Its not fake, thats what they are like, the thing that usually makes people suspicious of them is the edge of the coin varying in thickness

http://www.taxfreegold.co.uk/goldbuffalos.html

Wavy Lines - Variable Edge Thickness

In February 2007, one of our customers telephoned to query the "faulty " edge on his gold buffalo. We took a look at our stock, and every one was the same. Because of the realistic sculpting and relief of the coin, the edge varies in thickness between 2.6 and 3.25 millimetres. We do not consider this to be a fault, rather a design feature.

yes, thanks! - I noticed that wavy edge. Makes 'em kinda hard to stack, don't it?!

(I think I'll leave it at just one buffalo and stick with my usual from now on!)

yes, thanks! - I noticed that wavy edge. Makes 'em kinda hard to stack, don't it?!

(I think I'll leave it at just one buffalo and stick with my usual from now on!)

Yes they would be hard to stack. I quite like the look of the coin, but will stick with just one in the collection. Its good to have at least one of each major coin, so that you have one to compare to any other potential future purchases and spot fakes.

gold buffalo question...

I got my first one delivered today; can anyone tell me, is the face /obverse upside down? I seem to have one where the indian's head when flipped by holding at 12 and 6-oclock gives an upside-down buffalo.

You must be very pleased with your investment:

https://www.coininvestdirect.com/main.php?a=11&id=193

They were £518 on Monday morning!

You must be very pleased with your investment:

https://www.coininvestdirect.com/main.php?a=11&id=193

They were £518 on Monday morning!

Actually it was only £521 'brutto' when i got it.. I bought a kilo the day before gold went up 12% in one day about the middle of last month. Now that was 'lucky'!!! - Actually the AIG ETF thingy spooked me totally.

CoinInvestDirect are now offering to buy at over spot for most coins as well! I expect that other dealers are too (though not advertising it so blatantly)

https://www.coininvestdirect.com/main.php?a=10&id=1

Physical is really doing well, not only is gold increasing in terms of sterling, but the premiums are as well. Excelent for all those who hold physical :)

Hi guys, anyone looking to take some profits at this juncture before the next move? Looking at my cost-averaged purchases since May (GBP) I am up by around 13% and am considering realising some of my gains to reinvest on the next dip.

Hi guys, anyone looking to take some profits at this juncture before the next move? Looking at my cost-averaged purchases since May (GBP) I am up by around 13% and am considering realising some of my gains to reinvest on the next dip.

You mean the one from $1,500 down to $1,300? :unsure::rolleyes:

Physical is really doing well, not only is gold increasing in terms of sterling, but the premiums are as well. Excelent for all those who hold physical :)

Wow, and the only Krugerrands listed are 1/10 oz. The stock shortages seem to be spreading.

This might seem like mumbo jumbo to some of you, but I rekon we have to wait for the next full moon on October 14th before the action really starts - last full moon was on September 15th and this was the day before the 'right shoulder' peak on the dollar index which was about the time we had a brief gold rally that was snuffed out by the FED and their $700 Billion bail-out plan.

http://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=NYBOT_DX&v=d1

The left shoulder and head are now in place on the USDX and my feeling is that once again the right shoulder peak may come around the point we have the next full moon - next tuesday. Just like then and now, there was a steady build-up from September 11th to 15th and the day after the full moon gold rocketed - will we see the same happen again?

Wow, and the only Krugerrands listed are 1/10 oz. The stock shortages seem to be spreading.

Quite a few people who thought I am nuts have been talking about gold to me recently.

The public slowly wakes up to Hank's, Ben's, Gordon's and Darling's real agenda.

I think there has been a change in sentiment and I think finally, bad news is finally bad news once more. The $700B bill was met with relief and then dismay, people know we have now been fucked by the fickle finger of fate.

will gold fall on the bailout news or rise as it will result in inflation? Opinions please.

Quite a few people who thought I am nuts have been talking about gold to me recently.

The public slowly wakes up to Hank's, Ben's, Gordon's and Darling's real agenda.

I told a few people at people at work to take a look at gold last year around the £380 level . It seems a lot more people around the office are now talking about it.

Theres a ton of fresh interest in gold that just wasn't there before this banking crisis really became front page news.

If you're like me and generally out and about most days, you may be keen to keep up-to-speed on how G&S are doing using your mobile.

I tend to have a load of different bookmarks on my BlackBerry and iPhone to achieve this, but it's quite messy.

For a while I've wanted to move away from this and just have a SINGLE "dashboard" type URL that I could use to see what's going on with the price of Gold and Silver.

I couldn't find anything out there that worked, so I've hacked together a page that displays images from Kitco and Silverprice/Goldprice - I've put it here: http://bobsta.com/pm/

It renders nicely on my BlackBerry and iPhone and at least some of the charts should work well on most phones - so I thought I might as well let you folk know so that you can use it if you want.

I've placed a link at the bottom of the page to this thread in "Lo-Fi" and "Full Fat" modes. Each month when the thread changes I'll make an effort to change the link.

If anyone knows of any better portal-like sites please let me know... or if you'd like me to customize the page to add in charts for other PMs then I'd be happy to (or put together other custom ones).

Feel free to use and abuse (or not). All input/suggestions welcomed.

I think there has been a change in sentiment and I think finally, bad news is finally bad news once more. The $700B bill was met with relief and then dismay, people know we have now been fucked by the fickle finger of fate.

you think we are on the next leg up to a higher level?

No It's the right link.

I thought he said "gold prices may half very quickly", but no, he said "double very quickly"

Rebecca from Europe had me mesmerised so I wasn't really listening. ;)

Just for your information then:

Rebecca Meehan on CNBC is the same person as Rebecca Barr on Bloomberg.