http://www.moneyweek.com/investment-advice...Money%2BMorning

Quote I Like:

Another possibility is gold. If you had invested $100,000 in bullion coins ten years ago, selling off 5% at the end of each year to provide you with cash, by now you would have gold worth more than $200,000. In the meantime, you would have enjoyed an income – usually tax-free – totalling more than $71,000.

But you would have less gold oz

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

As for trading silver for gold, someone mentioned the savings on storage costs but could there be an advantage in terms of capital gains too? I'm not sure how it's taxed when you're effectively bartering but I expect you'd be able to quote a price in your national currency. It's handy to be able to book a gain without having to be in cash for any period to show you're not "bed and breakfasting".

Weren't BV supposed to start selling silver on their site? Anyone hear any update on that?

Weren't BV supposed to start selling silver on their site? Anyone hear any update on that?

BullionVault told me that they hope to start trading silver in september. You will be able to do it from your existing account and there will be charts like the gold one. I dont know if you will be able to swap gold to silver like you can on goldmoney

Cup and handle anyone? :unsure:

AU-3M-LG.png

Yes, I think you are right there RH.

The handle part needs to decline down to around $930, then lift off upto $1080???

Edit to say this is only with my TA hat on. My FA hat has other ideas!

Goldfinger, can we (I) see your UK House Price/Gold chart again please?

what index is used for the house prices?

In his signature GF has a link to his website with all his charts and links to some other sites (charts are not all the most up to date though).

Here's the link:

http://gold.approximity.com/gold_charts.html

@GF. Just noticed a typo on your page:

All Aproximity charts below can be used in non-profit publications without prior written permission as long as a proper reference to Approximity and this web page is made.

Should be "Approximity".

The handle part needs to decline down to around $930, then lift off upto $1080???

RH got me intrigued to look into this further.

In the chart below, I think it will be obvious to many traders that gold is making a potential cup and handle candlechart.

I have also boxed out the two candlechart patterns that made a double bottom. Many people would have seen this and will be selling out now.

If the handle part goes down to $936, then I think everyone and his dog will be back in. I will be dipping my toe back in, but with caution as still could go down to $911.

What do you guys think? I am not trading any of this btw - i am only buying and holding my gold.

ae0end.png

Not sure if we will even get down as low as $930, maybe tomorrow. Next week is looking good to me, as I have been saying for over a month the middle of June is the take off point. Target $1300 :)

IHSGold-2.jpg

http://www.moneyweek.com/investment-advice...Money%2BMorning

Quote I Like:

Another possibility is gold. If you had invested $100,000 in bullion coins ten years ago, selling off 5% at the end of each year to provide you with cash, by now you would have gold worth more than $200,000. In the meantime, you would have enjoyed an income – usually tax-free – totalling more than $71,000.

If you had used that $100,000 instead as a 20% deposit on a UK property worth $500,000, you could have sold the property for over $1,000,000 after 10 years, netting a profit of $500,000. In the meantime, you would have enjoyed historically low interest rates and a rental income which would have exceeded your BTL mortgage. :rolleyes:

If you had used that $100,000 instead as a 20% deposit on a UK property worth $500,000, you could have sold the property for over $1,000,000 after 10 years, netting a profit of $500,000. In the meantime, you would have enjoyed historically low interest rates and a rental income which would have exceeded your BTL mortgage. :rolleyes:

Buy to Fret!!!

:lol:

Not sure if we will even get down as low as $930, maybe tomorrow. Next week is looking good to me, as I have been saying for over a month the middle of June is the take off point. Target $1300 :)

IHSGold-2.jpg

If this happens I will eat my hat. Still not at all convinced that charts work at times like this. Fundamentals fundamentals fundamentals.

Happy days. :)

If this happens I will eat my hat. Still not at all convinced that charts work at times like this. Fundamentals fundamentals fundamentals.

30 Year US Treasury Bond, Gold, and The Five Golden Pillars:

Recognized Top in the U.S. Dollar - Yes

Trust in U.S. paper assets declining - Yes

General Bullish Commodity Markets - Yes

Triple Deficits firmly in place - Yes

Recognized Top in the U.S. Treasury Long Bond - Coming

clip-image003.jpg

Big moves over the last couple of months gold down to £575 from £700

And £ up 30cents against the dollar - a 20% move!

I suspect that this cannot be sustained and a reversal is surely on the cards given that the UK is in even worse shape than the US. Got a large amount of cash (in pounds sterling) coming my way and thinking now is the time start moving that in to gold and perhaps some gold mining stocks. I know even the gold bulls in here have not been buying gold of late. Do any of you now think this could be the time to accumulate again especially if you are holding pounds?

I suspect that this cannot be sustained and a reversal is surely on the cards given that the UK is in even worse shape than the US. Got a large amount of cash (in pounds sterling) coming my way and thinking now is the time start moving that in to gold and perhaps some gold mining stocks. I know even the gold bulls in here have not been buying gold of late. Do any of you now think this could be the time to accumulate again especially if you are holding pounds?

I plan on buying more later this month

and some more miners this summer

Not true, I think you'll find a lot of us accumulate fairly regularly, just waiting for the dips. I will be buying more in the next 10 days depending how it goes over the next week. IMO silver is certainly worth a punt. I will be splitting my money between the 2.

Once again we would like to draw your attention to an upcoming special offer!

As of 9am, Friday, June 12th 2009, we will be adding a new 1oz gold coin to our range and offer it at a fixed price as long as the reserved stock for this offer lasts! Visit our website www.CoinInvestDirect.com tomorrow to find out more!

There’s an offer at CID again. Don’t think it will be at spot price this time

I'm in a similar position (i.e. a bit of cash coming my way). I plan to pound cost average into BlackRock Gold and General and the Ruffer Baker Steel Fund with some of this and to also continue to accumulate physical. Am trying to ignore the short term moves although it's not easy particularly when the GBP continues to rally. I place a fair amount of faith in Bob Hoye's outlook and therefore try and position myself to match his outlook. At the end of the day, whether we have deflation, inflation or a bit of both, I don't think you can go too wrong with a decent chunk of your wealth in gold and gold miners.

Has anyone seen Jim Sinclair's message on his site?

Time For Delivery

Dear Friends,

You know that information that comes to me has been reliable. You also know that the entire purpose of all of working here at JSMineset has been to get you through this safely. You also know that if we had not been here hundreds of thousands of people now holding gold would not be.

So please pay attention to the following.

I have heard rumors for some time, but today it was confirmed to me, that the Canadian mint’s present problems are not unique and that other depositories (vaults) have had an army of auditors descend on them in the last two weeks. Some of these depositories have names so famous that it would scare the hell out of you. The repercussions would be drastic if they turn out to be troubled.

Why take the risk?

I suggest to you now that you take delivery of all gold held in vaults and depositories on your behalf, but this time even from the most prestigious.

You can get delivery via armoured car service to your bank and utilize safe depository, spread over a few banks. You can insure your safe depository if you do not mind making your holdings public.

I believe that this recommendation is warranted, but also it will be the financial saviour of many.

Respectfully yours,

Jim

Sounds ominous.