I'd like to publicly thank CGNAO, GoldFinger, Bubb and all the other great posters on GEI that have given me the history, courage and conviction to 'understand' gold. Well at best as my little brain can cope with!

I wasn't even alive when we went off a gold standard on 15th August 1971, but in case you remember it or need to be reminded of it here is some mood music of that era.

8. I'm Still Waiting

Diana Ross - Chart Topper: August 21 - September 18

Your wait - for higher gold prices - may soon be over

zzz4.gif

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Not sure if we will even get down as low as $930, maybe tomorrow. Next week is looking good to me, as I have been saying for over a month the middle of June is the take off point. Target $1300 :)

IHSGold-2.jpg

FSN Expert Roundtable

Topic: The Battle for Gold 1000 - with special guests James Turk, Keith Barron and David Morgan

James Turk seems to be confirming what I have been talking about for around a month now, the giant reverse heads & shoulders pattern in gold. Confirming that it is a rare formation to happen in an uptrend and that it means that gold has found a bottom now and will be heading to $1300 soon.

Well worth a listen for all you non believers :lol:

FSN Expert Roundtable

Topic: The Battle for Gold 1000 - with special guests James Turk, Keith Barron and David Morgan

James Turk seems to be confirming what I have been talking about for around a month now, the giant reverse heads & shoulders pattern in gold. Confirming that it is a rare formation to happen in an uptrend and that it means that gold has found a bottom now and will be heading to $1300 soon.

Well worth a listen for all you non believers :lol:

Thing is with James Turk you always get the same message. :lol: Though he always sounds convincing.

Morgan was a little more circumspect. I think he has more respect for the deflationary forces at work. :rolleyes:

Thing is with James Turk you always get the same message. :lol: Though he always sounds convincing.

Morgan was a little more circumspect. I think he has more respect for the deflationary forces at work. :rolleyes:

We will know who is right over the next few weeks ;)

Dr Bubb raised a really interesting point about whether it still made sense to "keep score" in US dollars. Perhaps we are moving to a time where really we should be "keeping score" in terms of physical gold? Sorry I can't find the original post so feel free to move this post to somewhere it makes more sense.

Would be interested to know how many on here now keep score in terms of how much gold or silver they have.

How many here "book profits" in to physical gold or silver?

Perhaps someone could start a poll if there is sufficient interest?

This debate has been raging in my mind for some time now. The proceeds from the sale of my house went in to a 1 year fixed rate bond at 7.05% and is due to mature in August. In retrospect it would have been a better move to just buy gold. Looks like we are getting a second chance here though with gold back down at £570 and could even see it nudge very slightly lower.

This is a little self-centered (so feel free to ignore or delete if this is bad form) but I would also be interested to know what others would do with my imminent cash pile if they were in my shoes. Im 33, married, first child due September, both working in what appear to be stable and reasonable paying jobs, no outstanding debts and the following holdings:

Gold: 10oz

Silver: 600oz

2000USD

2000CAD

78000GBP

Need to keep some cash to fund paternity leave.

My goal is to have as small a mortgage as possible but in no rush to buy. Selling at start 2008 and holding off the purchase of a new place is still probably the biggest step towards this but would love to get your ideas on what could be done with pounds sterling cash in the meantime.

Thanks all. This site is true gem!

Would be interested to know how many on here now keep score in terms of how much gold or silver they have.

I have three ‘pots’ of gold.

1) BullionVault gold will be used to pay off debt so this is scored in GBP

2) GoldMoney gold will be used to buy a house so this is scored in ‘% of average house price’

3) I score in-hand gold as ‘grams of gold’. I have several possible exit strategies for this gold and I am not sure which one I will take.

My goal is to have as small a mortgage as possible but in no rush to buy. Selling at start 2008 and holding off the purchase of a new place is still probably the biggest step towards this but would love to get your ideas on what could be done with pounds sterling cash in the meantime.

I would keep some Sterling for emergencies. And average the rest in to gold (30%) and silver (70%)

EDIT: But I might be buying with a big mortgage and waiting for the silver price to rocket

This debate has been raging in my mind for some time now. The proceeds from the sale of my house went in to a 1 year fixed rate bond at 7.05% and is due to mature in August. In retrospect it would have been a better move to just buy gold. Looks like we are getting a second chance here though with gold back down at £570 and could even see it nudge very slightly lower.

This is a little self-centered (so feel free to ignore or delete if this is bad form) but I would also be interested to know what others would do with my imminent cash pile if they were in my shoes. Im 33, married, first child due September, both working in what appear to be stable and reasonable paying jobs, no outstanding debts and the following holdings:

Gold: 10oz

Silver: 600oz

2000USD

2000CAD

78000GBP

Need to keep some cash to fund paternity leave.

Thanks all. This site is true gem!

Sterling might get stronger against the dollar and gold may get cheaper over the summer. Buy BV gold ready for a possible big move up in the winter and spring.

Dr Bubb raised a really interesting point about whether it still made sense to "keep score" in US dollars. Perhaps we are moving to a time where really we should be "keeping score" in terms of physical gold? Sorry I can't find the original post so feel free to move this post to somewhere it makes more sense.

I "speculate" in the short term in silver and US dollars and book profits in gold. All other currencies are vulnerable in the short term, with the US dollar also vulnerable in the long term.

JMO

I "speculate" in the short term in silver and US dollars and book profits in gold. All other currencies are vulnerable in the short term, with the US dollar also vulnerable in the long term.

JMO

+1 for booking profits in gold.

(This was at the end of the March Elliott Wave Theorist/ EWT.

It is non-proprietary news, so I dont think they will mind if I publish it here):

Georgia must be the most progressive state in the union. Two members of the Georgia House of Reprsentatives have sponsored a "Constitutional Tender Act", that would "require that any bank conducting business with the state accept gold and silver coins as deposits*... This bill won't pass, at least not this year. But I predict a far friendlier climate for honest money as the bear market progresses.

*Atlanta Business Chronicle, 3/6/09

"The Ludwig von Mises Institute kindly posted an expanded version of the "Jaguar Inflation" piece that appeared in the February 2004 issue of EWT. You are welcome to read this longer version at: http://mises.org/story/3329 "

Topic: The Battle for Gold 1000

0613goldrt.jpg

FSN Expert Roundtable

with special guests James Turk,

Keith Barron and David Morgan

Select an Audio Format

RealPlayer | WinAmp | Windows Media | Mp3

For what it's worth, my nervousness indicator is getting a little twitchy.

There appear to be a number of little things that make me wonder whether things are about to implode.

Lets see if I can list them:

1. Reports of 1933 confiscation .899 gold turning up all over the globe. Scraping the bottom of the barrel ?

2. The Canadian vault audit and rumours of others.

3. Reports of some big delivery requests from the COMEX, with delays is delivery.

4. A growing interest in getting delivery.

5. 134 billion of US bonds turning up in Italy.

6. george4title paying for stuff in silver and getting his youtube account suspended :unsure: (there could be a simple explanation...or not).

7. Europe being held together by duct tape (I thought No 8 wire and duct tape was a Kiwi thing).

8. The Baltic Dry Index just dropped 20%.

9. Rising mortgage rates (US, UK, NZ at least).

10. Yosana says he has unshakable trust in treasuries :lol:

11. Ditching CalWorks. 525,000 families to end up on the streets?

IMO whatever the "price of gold" does short-term, I think right now is possibly one of the least sensible times to trade out of it.

One of my favourite quotes:

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.” - Rudiger Dornbusch, MIT Economist

For what it's worth, my nervousness indicator is getting a little twitchy.

There appear to be a number of little things that make me wonder whether things are about to implode.

Lets see if I can list them:

6. george4title paying for stuff in silver and getting his youtube account suspended :unsure: (there could be a simple explanation...or not).

in case anyone is interested in seeing G4Ts video:

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message815887/pg1

EDIT: g4t says:

this is for the people on GLP that have supported me, and understand my intentions...

it's funny how you guys think because we are on the internet that things are controlled...Everything is motivated by economic forces...Everything!

There is a secret operation running out of every single US port that I am aware of now. The question is how to break it...I have seen the back packs filled with cash abd the peasants that carry them speaking no English

right now this thread is my only communication with my "internet friends" thank God you can't verify it is me...All my YT Accounts have been suspended or closed...

I will answer questions from people who are polite...I'll check in later tonight...Peace!

I know a lot of youtubers are following this thread. I'm going to NYC and and gathering my resources...This isn't a f*cking game any more and if you think you can play it without money then you are ALL just kidding yourselves...EVERYTHING needs to be paid for EVERYTHING

The news means absolutely NOTHING!!! Everything needs to be learned first hand...of all people you guys should know what's going on more then anyone...Everything is converging right now and I am just a comic fool in the middle of it. Do you think I enjoy this CRAP they are putting me through.....NO

JOIN IN and get your hands dirty and you will find out the stress that this lands on you and your family...

Thanks. Interesting... It's videos and controversy like this that will make people realise gold and silver are literally hard currency. When this picks up momentum that's when I think we will see the exodus to PM's that some many of us on here think is coming.

Yep great video. Thanks for posting bazzer.

I think you are exactly right warpig, this type of video set against the back drop of everything else, could be the trigger to make PMs go main stream. I really dont like conspiracy theories but it is certainly very suspicious that his youtube account got suspended after posting the video. Maybe the PTB also realise that this type of video could be the trigger for the average man on the street to see that the USD is doomed? Or is that too fanciful?

I totally view gold/silver as hard currency now whereas a year ago i would not. In fact I believe they will show themselves to be the hardest and strongest of all the currencies. I thought hard about how to diversify my cash holdings. Thinking about converting some GBP to EUR, USD, CAD, AUS etc... but I have come to the conclusion they are ALL flawed. I dont really want to be left holding any of them.

Got to $936 tonight...and she is holding up well.

Let's wait for tomorrow to play out.

Steve - I feel something in the air as well - the TA is setup, and the 'news' seems to be a perfect fit.

is she holding up well on strong buying volume? otherwise she's just holding...who knows how well. ;)