From another forum - a regular who follows Sinclair...

Jim Sinclair has alluded to Angels past $1650. There is one at $3300. We will hit it this year. How? I hope everybody has noticed the world global economy is in the process of implosion. Think Depression II on steroids. TPTB will need a scapegoat to divert attention away from themselves, as usual. Look no futher than the monkey Bush with his finger on the button. We will see a strike on Iran. Then things go from bad to nightmare. Prepare accordingly.

Billy - I haven't seen that next (Arch) angel mentioned - it is double his long held angel of 1650.

Seems about right to me, Jim still erring on the conservative side...

As for Iran I've heard rumours that units of the US 101 Airborne are in Israel actively preventing any tactical nuke attacks on facilities in Iran (many of which are deep underground and so need tactical nuke bunker busters, the same ones used in Afg) - anyhoos it wouldn't surprise me - at some stage I can see a scenario where the whole derivatives mess is so fubard that another war is needed - Israel will be let off the leash and the US may go along too, leading from the front or as backup, all amounts to the same thing...

We'll see within a year or two...

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Perth Mint - I used them but am glad to be shot of them - margins to get in and out are high, dealers take about 3 per cent'ish I think, selling and buying is cumbersome, you have no say in the exact spot price settled, delivery of certificates was slow and messy, took weeks, some got lost, nightmare, ditto getting the funds wired to banks, I could not recommend them - see Ted Butler on the Perth Mint, I've also read horror stories, one chap waited five months for delivery of ALLOCATED!!! silver that he was paying big bux for alleged storage, lol, 5 months because obviously Perth did not have the physical silver they claimed to have and had to scrabble around on the open market to find the metal. Fact is it is a paper pool account just like Kitco - were silver to say reach 100 an oz next month and a deluge of investors wanted delivery, they wd not get it, ditto getting funds settled at 100 bux an oz, because it is just like the fractional reserve banking system, all works ok as long as 97 per cent of folks leave their paper money with the entity, but if delivery is neede pronto then it all ends in tears...

Finally Peth is AAA rated, lol, so were many banks and hedge funds that have gone tits up - we have no idea what Perth are exposed to via sub prime and derivatives, and one more thing - they are insured by Lloyds, but if the financial implosion happens on the scale Sinclai and cgnao and others have itemised, then Lloyds will go under too.

Tell yr friend to buy 200ks of physical gold, and put it in several secret locations - NOT banks, as banks are going to possibly suffer runs, not worth the risk, also the confiscation question with banks, and if he buts UK sovs, then no CGT either, fuggedaboudit... :lol:

As is usual at times like these I've been watching the mainstream media to see how it has been spun. Obviously they've pretty much all fallen hook line and sinker for the 'Fed is strong/Fed will save us' line, but the one that really got me was analyst who justified the commodity selloff on the basis of the Chinese raising interest rates to combat inflation. Fair enough, you'd think, on face value that would appear to combat one of the biggest sources of world inflation. But then you remember that China has already done this about 20 times over the past few years with barely any effect, it seems laughable to suggest that this particular cut will be the one to halt the inflation monster in its tracks.

Brought the message home to me, they are desperate and will clutch any straw to support their unjustified optimism. Gold is quite possibly going to get kicked a fair few more times before reality returns, as the muppets fail to see the underlying reason for the rises in the general indices. It's not growth, its inflation. Short term, and ultimately highly destructive, the rate rises do nothing to address the underlying problem, which is the effective insolvency of the world's biggest base level consumers.

Anyway, I'm keeping my guard up for a while now. The short term risk to gold is higher now than it has been for many months. I know its not justified, you know its not justified, but with the twisted logic of the markets black can indeed be white and 2 + 2 can equal 5.

Love the dead cat, by the way.

I actually found myself agreeing with Nadler today. I think I must be ill or something. Still, it's not our opinions which will drive market direction, it will unfortunately be driven by the 'thinking' (I use the term loosely) of the mainstream, so it's worth staying vigilant in the short term.

Kitco Gold Analyst (or Bear) John Nadler

Still think he's placing way too much emphasis on Indian jewelery demand though.

I don't know whether you guys are interested in the charts I tend to do each day.

I find it helps me to think.

If you think it would be better for me to post them on my own thread so you can all ignore them, just say so :lol:

Speaking for myself, keep 'em coming! :D

In fact, I'd like to take this opportunity to say thanks for your excellent postings generally. I find them very useful.

This may sound a bit weird, but I think what particularly works in my case is that, to me, you sound a bit like I think I sound -- or rather *would* sound if I knew anything about anything!

Hopefully one of these days we might find something I know about that you're interested in, but I wouldn't count on it! :lol:

So, er, thanks! :lol:

Perth Mint - I used them but am glad to be shot of them - margins to get in and out are high, dealers take about 3 per cent'ish I think, selling and buying is cumbersome, you have no say in the exact spot price settled, delivery of certificates was slow and messy, took weeks, some got lost, nightmare, ditto getting the funds wired to banks, I could not recommend them - see Ted Butler on the Perth Mint, I've also read horror stories, one chap waited five months for delivery of ALLOCATED!!! silver that he was paying big bux for alleged storage, lol, 5 months because obviously Perth did not have the physical silver they claimed to have and had to scrabble around on the open market to find the metal. Fact is it is a paper pool account just like Kitco - were silver to say reach 100 an oz next month and a deluge of investors wanted delivery, they wd not get it, ditto getting funds settled at 100 bux an oz, because it is just like the fractional reserve banking system, all works ok as long as 97 per cent of folks leave their paper money with the entity, but if delivery is neede pronto then it all ends in tears...

Finally Peth is AAA rated, lol, so were many banks and hedge funds that have gone tits up - we have no idea what Perth are exposed to via sub prime and derivatives, and one more thing - they are insured by Lloyds, but if the financial implosion happens on the scale Sinclai and cgnao and others have itemised, then Lloyds will go under too.

Tell yr friend to buy 200ks of physical gold, and put it in several secret locations - NOT banks, as banks are going to possibly suffer runs, not worth the risk, also the confiscation question with banks, and if he buts UK sovs, then no CGT either, fuggedaboudit... :lol:

Thanks every one for the replys to my friends gold investment indecisiveness. i will show him your replys & links later to-day

:D

I personally got Allocated Silver Perth Mint certificates,i got my broker to get me the serial numbers and weights which they did within a week, haven't got any problems yet, but i'm hoping it will remain so, i have paid the storage fees for the year,and like the fed i will monitor the situation closely. :lol:

I don't like the fact that it took someone 5 months to get delivery of allocated metal with the Perth Mint, i should think supply shouldn't be a problem with them owning a mine or two and a refinery! :lol:

Yeah tried telling him to go for allocated, but he doesn't want to pay the fees on storage etc, he really wants to get into gold/silver but he is indecisive and knows the etfs/ pool accounts are messy stuff ,he also is coming up with the can't eat gold

crap that he has read on a certain site,and that it "gold/commodities" is in a bubble, but i am trying to convince him that the train will leave the station without him if he doesn't hurry up. :lol:

Unfortunately, some people just will not listen. I tried explaining to my brother who keeps banging on about ISA allocations. when I tell him my returns over the last 18 months, he is not even interested. He prefers ISA in a banks because that;s what he reads and people talk about. Not gold.

I have spent time, effort and evidence explaining and emailing charts to people.

Maybe the problem is they do not understand gold, it took me over 6 months of reading again and again and more and more and more until i dipped my toe into precious metals, and this was in 2006 just after a I saw a parabolia and massive correction. I also recall Dr Bubb talking about it from 2004 on HPC, this was my first ever expreience (Thanks BUBB) and the start of my journey looking into precious metals. It took a mini parabolia, 2 years of tracking the price and lots of reading before I finally commited. Believe me I am very commited now. I did however have to convince myself competely, expecially as it is not chump change I am in for.

I can understand if the first you hear about how gold is great and will insure/protect your wealth is from a friend, you may be sceptical. The journey in gold is a personal affair at the moment - until every man and his dog suddenly wakes up and realises they better put some money into it, of course by then they may be too late.

I find all I can do is get pople at least thinking about it, provide some evidence for my beliefs and then let them make the decision on their own.

I have spent time, effort and evidence explaining and emailing charts to people.

Maybe the problem is they do not understand gold, it took me over 6 months of reading again and again and more and more and more until i dipped my toe into precious metals, and this was in 2006 just after a I saw a parabolia and massive correction.

I find all I can do is get pople at least thinking about it, provide some evidence for my beliefs and then let them make the decision on their own.

Yep done the same as you reading & reading again i'm now totally convince 100% that gold will triple or more in the coming year or two,and having a laugh at the cartels interventions. :lol:

I've been emailing him links and info on gold, he is visiting for 4 days,so i will keep on at him, and show him the light,his decision at the end of the day,but getting tired explaining in my simple terms.

Hope it's ok to put this here - reason is Bubb says he regards it now the main commentary thread.

Obviously nice bounce for the SPX Bulls yesterday.

And China bounced nicely off it's summer lows this morning [EXCELLENT sentiment for all the Far East markets ]

But Hong Kong's [HSI / HCSE] & other Asian markets were pretty feeble - gains smaller than SPX, when twice the SPX % gains might have been expected, especially as they have been sold off much more.

Maybe, just maybe they don't beleive it is over yet.

This may sound a bit weird, but I think what particularly works in my case is that, to me, you sound a bit like I think I sound -- or rather *would* sound if I knew anything about anything!

Hopefully one of these days we might find something I know about that you're interested in, but I wouldn't count on it! :lol:

I read that 3x times, and it made me laugh every time. I love the way some people listen to what I say as if I know what I'm talking about :lol:

I'll carry on rambling & charting then until everyone's fed up with me :lol:

OK, so do you know anything about clarinets ? :D

This piece seems not to have found its way into the mainstream press. I wonder why.

http://www.fin24.com/articles/default/disp...18-1783_2290781

Mar 19 2008 9:30AM

Wellington - The current financial crisis is the worst the world has seen since the Great Depression of the 1930s and the US Federal Reserve move to cut interest rates will not make much difference, the Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz said on Wednesday.

"It will have some impact - it will do a little bit to stem the blood - but it's not addressing the fundamental problems underlying the collapse of the financial sector," he told Radio New Zealand.

Meanwhile politicians in Germany fear about the Federal tax income. They fear a shortfall of several billion Euros. The same (only much worse) will of course happen in the US. This will bloat the issuance of new Treasuries, while foreign investors stay away already now (see recent Telegraph story).

This is Jim Sinclair's formula at work.

There are some rumours on the web about HBOS today. In my opinion, Darling will have to nationalize half of the UK banking sector in the end. The UK will be in a depression for a very, very long time since it's all going to be paid for by the British people.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=new...id=as68q6vvGwfY

March 19 (Bloomberg) -- HBOS Plc, Britain's biggest mortgage lender, said

it has ``ready access'' to funding after the company plummeted in London

trading.

``There are no liquidity problems,'' HBOS spokesman Shane O'Riordain said in

a telephone interview today. ``We have ready access to a deep pool of

deposits. We can access the wholesale markets whenever we feel appropriate

to do so.''

Edinburgh-based HBOS fell as much as 82.25 pence, or 17 percent, to 398

pence. It traded down 12 percent to 425 pence as of 9:56 a.m.

Don't you have to love them? He says exactly the same thing Bear Stearns said a day before the lights went out.

NOTE: A bank is liquid as long as everyone does not take their money out. It's a con-game. No con-fidence, no bank.

How amazing! You've picked the one thing I know even less about than gold! :lol:

As an aside, is anyone else in a buying mood today, because I am! I'm currently trying to suppress it! :D

Oh well :lol:

They gave you a very good opportunity !

You don't expect them to do all that work for you every day do you ? :lol:

There are some rumours on the web about HBOS today. In my opinion, Darling will have to nationalize half of the UK banking sector in the end. The UK will be in a depression for a very, very long time since it's all going to be paid for by the British people.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=new...id=as68q6vvGwfY

Don't you have to love them? He says exactly the same thing Bear Stearns said a day before the lights went out.

NOTE: A bank is liquid as long as everyone does not take their money out. It's a con-game. No con-fidence, no bank.

It seems as if the piggy banks in the states are begging for more from the as well fed. and the famous gold short sellers , i pity the taxpayers. :D:lol: :lol: :lol:

Callan said Tuesday that Lehman

Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc

LEH

46.49 UNCH 0%

NYSE

Quote | Chart | News | Profile

[LEH 46.49 --- UNCH (0%) ], which reported better-than-expected earnings on Tuesday but has faced persistent rumors of a Bear Stearns-type liquidity crisis, plans to borrow from the Fed through the discount window.

Lehman followed up on Callan's announcement by borrowing from the window within minutes of her appearance. At 5 p.m. New York time, Lehman borrowed $2 billion, sources said -- a small amount relative to the bank's $375 billion balance sheet.

Goldman Sachs

Goldman Sachs Group Inc

GS

175.59 UNCH 0%

NYSE

Quote | Chart | News | Profile

[GS 175.59 --- UNCH (0%) ] also used the discount window late Tuesday, sources said, but it wasn't clear how much money the investment bank asked for.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/23696332

falling_bills_md_wht.gif

bernanke.jpg

Unfortunately, some people just will not listen. I tried explaining to my brother who keeps banging on about ISA allocations. when I tell him my returns over the last 18 months, he is not even interested. He prefers ISA in a banks because that;s what he reads and people talk about. Not gold.

Maybe the problem is they do not understand gold, it took me over 6 months of reading again and again and more and more and more until i dipped my toe into precious metals, and this was in 2006 just after a I saw a parabolia and massive correction. I also recall Dr Bubb talking about it from 2004 on HPC, this was my first ever expreience (Thanks BUBB) and the start of my journey looking into precious metals. It took a mini parabolia, 2 years of tracking the price and lots of reading before I finally commited. Believe me I am very commited now. I did however have to convince myself competely, expecially as it is not chump change I am in for.

I can understand if the first you hear about how gold is great and will insure/protect your wealth is from a friend, you may be sceptical. The journey in gold is a personal affair at the moment - until every man and his dog suddenly wakes up and realises they better put some money into it, of course by then they may be too late.

You can lead a horse to water etc etc and you usually end up losing friends if you push it too far.

I have tried over the years to educate people and the vast majority just don't want to know, they are the walking dead, what Einstein (I paraphrase) called 'old at 18' or something like that - these people are the sheeple, the herd, those that the whole establishment publicity and brainwashing programme in all its might have aimed to influence from the day they were born.

Very few make it out of the herd. Only as individuals can THEY can wake up, and each individual has there own tipping point, most never reacing anywhere near it. The vast majority, in all aspects - spiritual, financial, everything - are content to remain in blissful ignorance with their wide screen teevess and copies of the sun and mirror.