I was just about to buy more silver thru GoldMoney but realised they chuck a buck on the price of an ounce. I mean, spot rate was $18.86 and they wanted $19.96 :o Considering I was gonna pick up a tousand ounces, that's $900 or £450 . . . no way Jose <_<

I don't remember them being so pricey when I bought silver thru them initially.

Anyone know any other way to buy silver . . . apart from an ETF ?

Isn't there some tax (like VAT in the UK) on silver or something?

It looks like Goldmoney add 5% or so...

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Got some silver arond 18.60

holding back for another dip. I expect/hope to see a mojor dip around April/May but at $18.60 i couldn't say no.

Still have money on the sidelines, waiting to strike.

I was just about to buy more silver thru GoldMoney but realised they chuck a buck on the price of an ounce. I mean, spot rate was $18.86 and they wanted $19.96 :o Considering I was gonna pick up a tousand ounces, that's $900 or £450 . . . no way Jose <_<

I don't remember them being so pricey when I bought silver thru them initially.

Anyone know any other way to buy silver . . . apart from an ETF ?

Hi Justin, that's nearly a 6% premium which although is quite a lot isn't so excessive for physical silver. Unfortunately if you do want allocated physical silver you will have to pay the premiums. If you do get a large enough holding with Goldmoney you can get member's rates which have about 1-2% less premium on the physical purchases, but you need to build up your holding with them.

a 5% premium is not actually that much when you thnk about it.

what is the premium you pay on a silver ounce to take into posession?

a 5% premium is not actually that much when you thnk about it.

what is the premium you pay on a silver ounce to take into posession?

I wasn't complaining; just wondering if there's more to the 5% or so than just commission.

Having said that, Bullion Vault's commission on gold isn't anything like 5%! Isn't it sub-1%?

I wasn't complaining; just wondering if there's more to the 5% or so than just commission.

Having said that, Bullion Vault's commission on gold isn't anything like 5%! Isn't it sub-1%?

BV don't do silver, Goldmoney are unique wih this service so can charge more. also silver is cheaper so premium is higher , GM charge 3% for gold but i think their storage costs are cheaper.

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Didn't really expect to see it below $950, but here it is.

Relief rallies so far have been pitiful. Keep 'em peeled chaps.

Is there blood on the streets yet?

Maybe not, i'm holding now don't want to buy more until i know it''s bottomed.

anyone know where next support level is gold/silver?

Right my friend looked at the etfs and Perth Mint ,he has decided to dip his toes in and buy physical coins,like kruggers about 20k it total for now , was suggesting coininvestdirect.com but would they ask for id crap for been over the official 5k limit or spread it around Bairds,Chards,ATS and so on to keep the greedy tax abusers and collectors from been nosey.

I know people here have used them and recommenced them as trustworthy etc..

Tee,hee

Replying to myself again, My friend is going to buy tonight some coins, i think he is a real lucky B*stard getting the bargain with the nice Easter sales and huge reductions on the spot gold price today.

:DB):)

Seems that the coininvestdirect are the cheapest place to do business.

BV don't do silver, Goldmoney are unique wih this service so can charge more. also silver is cheaper so premium is higher , GM charge 3% for gold but i think their storage costs are cheaper.

Goldmoney also only charge you commission when you buy, when you sell you get spot rate. Also on Goldmoney you can become a gold money member, which reduces your commission, when you get to having 2000g of gold or equivalent in silver.

I just bought 6K and paid a 2.69% commission on gold.

``The dynamics aren't there to push commodities higher at this point,'' O'Neill said. ``Some investors have had huge profits in oil, platinum and gold. At this point, the risk- reward gets a bit unattractive.''

While the Fed said yesterday it expects a ``leveling-out'' of commodity prices, some investors are betting inflation will accelerate because of lower borrowing costs.

``Commodities will resume their rally as the Fed continues to print more money,'' said Michael Pento, a senior market strategist at Delta Global. ``Commodities are priced in dollars, as the dollar continues to fall, these prices will regain their upward trend.''

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

:lol: CC-debt is the next big thing on the crunch agenda.

hahaha i was thinking exactly the same thing! :rolleyes: I wouldn't be touching a credit card company with a bargepole right now!

Today is a great day for Commodity bulls. They are dumping some GREAT miners (such as AEM) with reckless abandon, not to mention the Agriculture stocks, and NatGas stocks and of course physical PMs.. its gonna be fun relieving them of their holdings they are in such a hurry to dump.. all while the Fed is monetizing like CRAZY!! :blink:

..Ahh feels good to put in my first post on the new gold forum. OMG the 'other' forum has become SOOOO hostile to anyone who mentions gold or inflation at any time.. the deflationists over there are really bullying anyone with a view that challenges the new 'consensus' out of the forum altogether.. So much for learning or rational debate! <_<

hahaha i was thinking exactly the same thing! :rolleyes: I wouldn't be touching a credit card company with a bargepole right now!

Today is a great day for Commodity bulls. They are dumping some GREAT miners (such as AEM) with reckless abandon, not to mention the Agriculture stocks, and NatGas stocks and of course physical PMs.. its gonna be fun relieving them of their holdings they are in such a hurry to dump.. all while the Fed is monetizing like CRAZY!! :blink:

..Ahh feels good to put in my first post on the new gold forum. OMG the 'other' forum has become SOOOO hostile to anyone who mentions gold or inflation at any time.. the deflationists over there are really bullying anyone with a view that challenges the new 'consensus' out of the forum altogether.. So much for learning or rational debate! <_<

Deflation could happen ((short term) - and longer term for overpriced assets - houses etc)

Deflation could happen ((short term) - and longer term for overpriced assets - houses etc)

Sure it could.. Obviously, leaving the overleveraged western economies to their own devices, deflation is most definitely what would happen. Question is, will central banks and governments be able to turn a deflation into a stagflation or hyperinflation through goosing the money supply, or is deflation inevitable?

..hopefully here we can talk about the arguments in a rational way without the vile and viscious attempts at character assassinations that are becoming commonplace over there, it seems.

Sure it could.. Obviously, leaving the overleveraged western economies to their own devices, deflation is most definitely what would happen. Question is, will central banks and governments be able to turn a deflation into a stagflation or hyperinflation through goosing the money supply, or is deflation inevitable?

..hopefully here we can talk about the arguments in a rational way without the vile and viscious attempts at character assassinations that are becoming commonplace over there, it seems.

can the central banks act fast enough though, to avoid the initial deflation in everything that is.

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=2940

Hmm, If we don't retake $950 this could get messy. I'm out of anything even remotely risky at the moment and I'm just sticking with my physical and long term core positions. I don't think the shorters are quite out of ammo yet, so I'm expecting more falls.

At times like this it's all about staying in the game. The move up, when it comes, will be explosive.

((Updated view))

Gold's drop may end near Gold-$930/940 ... GLD: $92/93

And HUI near $450.

This could be just an A wave. So maybe back up to retrace 50-62% of the drop,

and then a retest of these lows.

A move like that might provide a nice "kiss it goodbye" to $930 or so

Welcome drminky :D

The event today means that next time gold goes to $1,000 there is no 'correction' needed to let it run to $1,100 and above.

So true. The only difficult thing here is the personal challenge I have set myself to get a trade as close to the bottom as possible.

Buy and holders in gold are going to have a very comfortable couple of months, whereas those in the DOW/Banks/Builders will have many a sleepless night trying to guess when their borrowed time will elapse.

Look who's getting into commodities in a bigger way.

And they most be shorting gold today to help exceed expectations on profits as well.

I think this is another bear-trap from Goldman Sachs. <_<

I would think they got the nod and wink to smack gold down form their ex chaiman in the fed. :angry:

NEW YORK, March 18 (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS.N: Quote, Profile, Research) boosted its commodity trading activities dramatically last quarter, while shrinking its exposure in equities, according to its earnings statement Tuesday.

The shift into surging commodities markets and away from the relatively soft stock markets helped the top Wall Street investment bank exceed expectations for its first-quarter revenues, it said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/fundsFundsN...817900320080318