$200, $400 Oil by end of 2009, and 2010-12, respectively

we rally rally now!

(bottom is in)

(temporary bottom)

Do you think oil will make it to all the way to $70/80?

I was hoping that PoO would keep dropping. I’m on the sidelines at the moment, I spent all my fiat on silver. There’s no new money for me until the new year :(

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you think oil will make it to all the way to $70/80?

I was hoping that PoO would keep dropping. I'm on the sidelines at the moment, I spent all my fiat on silver. There's no new money for me until the new year :(

no. 50, 51... but not higher than 55 definitely, wave 5 is still comming on the stock market and the dollar will go higher. this is just a bounce. when euro hits 1.34 thats when you want to close

What a difference a few months make well certainly to Arjun Murti. He’s the Goldman Sachs analyst who called for an oil “super spike” more than three years ago.

When Murti first predicted oil could reach a $105 a barrel, way back in March of 2005, oil was trading below $60.

And as for Arjun Murti, the guy who predicted all this… he now says $200 oil is a possibility in the next 12 to 24 months.

http://www.contrarianprofits.com/articles/...last-laugh/1899

The once vaunted "oracle of oil" now says $45 for oil, he's been revising down the last few months since his May prediction. So much for fame, now comes the derision. :lol:

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/biz/inside.asp...ection=business

EDIT: Predicts low as far as $30 and a painful 1st qtr 2009

EDIT: Predicts low as far as $30 and a painful 1st qtr 2009

This may well be guaranteed now as I've just put my Christmas bonus into LOIL

I'm a tad nervous about going back into paper but in the absence of Cgnao I don't anticipate being told to "go and sit in the corner and think about what I've done' anytime soon

I would have preffered bullion but I liken investments to butter. "They're better spread out a bit"

Let's hope it doesn't turn out to be more like Tesco Value Margarine :blink:

This may well be guaranteed now as I've just put my Christmas bonus into LOIL

I'm a tad nervous about going back into paper but in the absence of Cgnao I don't anticipate being told to "go and sit in the corner and think about what I've done' anytime soon

I would have preffered bullion but I liken investments to butter. "They're better spread out a bit"

Let's hope it doesn't turn out to be more like Tesco Value Margarine :blink:

Because LOIL is a leveraged product, if you invested at $42 and it does go to $30, I believe that would double the decline from 28.6% to 57.2%. If you are unsure, that seems quite a lot to me.

I have to say I am still in SOIL but am looking forward to investing in LOIL next year. I think this may be one where it is safer to invest in the trend line.

Because LOIL is a leveraged product, if you invested at $42 and it does go to $30, I believe that would double the decline from 28.6% to 57.2%. If you are unsure, that seems quite a lot to me.I have to say I am still in SOIL but am looking forward to investing in LOIL next year. I think this may be one where it is safer to invest in the trend line.

Sadly, I'm not talking a hedge fund management-size bonus here.

I'm in construction so that should tell you something about the size of the wedge that's gone in!

I never dabble with money I can't afford to lose so the leverage doesn't really concern me too much.

The long term fundamentals appeal to me but we'll see?

Ker,

Have you looked at how OIH leads oil?

I think it will give you a meaningful clue when to jump in.

Peter has started a thread on the OIH bellwether in the Main section.

one comment, to the EW count, we still may have a bit of downside in crude, probably in parallel with gold and euro in the begining of the week, and also we could make a lower low than the last below 40, and that low should be the buy.

this , due to that within the (5), we could still have a minor (v) wave, and the triangle being the abc on the (iii) of the (5) wave.

i still believe in 55 oil , our critical resistance level for 55 oil, is 43, on break of it (and confirmation) we should do the correction on the downside from 147 to at least 55 . getting 60 is not invalid, because we can have waves more than 15 bucks on 'B' (the up wave) , but less probable.

daily chart already confirmed bottom, but breaking 40.50 is still under question.

quick update:

i think we are in an extension , so, we are still in wave 3 and the wave 3 could go to:

1) 52.78, as the 23.6% retracement from 110 move (scroll up for previous EW counts)

2) 49 as the second part of wave 3 (asuming it will have 2 extensions only) 45-37 = 8 , 41+8=49

more tuning & charts on weekend

Archived