• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Now that it's beginning to look very unlikely Freddie & Fannie'll be able to raise funds in the market given their lack of credibility it looks like the US Treasury is going to have to dig into its wallet over the GSEs and treasuries are probably going to tank. Does anyone have any suggestions on a play on US Treasuries ? I seem to recall some comments a few years ago concerning the Ishares Lehman 20 yr ETF but does anyone have any other ideas ?

There's a thread dedicated to the issue here http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....039&hl=bond

kivi_envoy's assessment (makes some sense to me):

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread....66&page=414

Hanky Panky Paulson is using his new tax payer Bazooka to prepare for the nationalisation of Fannie and Freddie.

Since he got his new powers he has 1st pumped up the dollar to a safe level and used MSM to beat the US dollar is strong drum.

All the while PM's are sold off as proof that there is commodities slowdown....for heavens sake look at how much the commodies are down.

Now it is no mistake that Hank's bazooka targets the dollar as he prepares for the elections also....gotta get the oil and food down.

I also see on a report today that the M3 shadow report for the last month shows the smallest amount of money growth in years...perfect for squeezing the commodities hedge funds while sunning onself at the Hamptons.

Now next step is the F&F bailouts plus M3 reflation bigtime to make everyone smile just before elections...inflation is lagging so who cares right.

Gotta love Hanks new toy.

Man, those New York traders need to calm down!

They can't just have little rises or little falls; they have to have extravagantly HUGE rises or falls.

I bet if they were farmers, they'd have to grow marrows as big as a truck and carrots as long as your arm.

Damned prima donnas! :lol:

Again, not quite sure about what Sinclair writes here. Surely, Northern Rock won't stay the only bankruptcy/nationalization in the UK/Europe. And the Eurozone doesn't even have the kind of lender of last resort facility like the Fed.

Dear CIGAs,

Do you read headlines like the following concerning similar serious bank failures in Euroland?

According to public figures on losses, the FDIC has $38 billion in capital to work with.

There are problems in Euroland, of course, but do you really believe they will catch up to the US in the race to currency worthlessness?

Do you think the Fed has room to raise rates? Such an event would drop the Dow like a rock in a matter of days, killing whatever is left of a down trending US economy.

Ex-IMF economist sees large U.S. bank collapsing

wahay!..here we go

More rockets please!

It's a good start. Had only Silver Sammy confirmed the bottom. But he hasn't quite yet. On the other hand, he is not always spot on. So, maybe, the first SSS was the one for the whole trough here. :unsure::rolleyes::lol:

EDIT: Once upon a time, an almost $30 intraday move was quite a thing. Nowadays, it's just peanuts. :)

EDIT2: EUR and gold basically parallel in this last movement. Gold exaggerating as usual.

It's a good start. Had only Silver Sammy confirmed the bottom. But he hasn't quite yet. On the other hand, he is not always spot on. So, maybe, the first SSS was the one for the whole trough here. :unsure::rolleyes::lol:

Not that familiar with silver sammy but i assume hes the ultimate contrary indicator!

Nice move in NY so far and at the good news is that its in the right direction for a change, although I fully expect that it this rally wont last and the price will be duly clobbered back to a new low tomorrow

But who knows......I am just trying to keep calm, hanging on to my positions and enjoying the ride for now :)

Not that familiar with silver sammy but i assume hes the ultimate contrary indicator!

Nice move in NY so far and at the good news is that its in the right direction for a change, although I fully expect that it this rally wont last and the price will be duly clobbered back to a new low tomorrow

But who knows......I am just trying to keep calm, hanging on to my positions and enjoying the ride for now :)

Likewise.. it's been a hell of a ride so far :D

I've never heard them called that before. :lol:

Interesting. Dec contract bounced off its May 06 highs and also straight off the trendline:

fssponxj3.gif

YES.

And the LOW was the full moon day, last Friday.

As I said late last week:

TECHNICALLY, A near perfect set-up - Why is no one here commenting on it??

. . .

If Oil has finished its A-wave down, and makes a good rally here, the Weekly break

above could be turned into a bullish "false break".

I felt a little "at sea", later that day, as it broke below the support level ($800) I had identified/

But now, with Gold back up, I am feeling considerably less shabby today

==

Gold: $813 ! and Oil is up several dollars too !

Silver Sammy was sighted in the wee sma' hoors this morning so his record remains intact. I'm sorry, but I can't find the link.

I hear Team GB are replenishing HM Treasury's gold reserves!

Seriously did you know there's only 6g of gold in a 'gold' medal? It's actually gold-plated silver. Cheapskates!

Great info, I was wondering this just the other day. Mr Phellps is a member of the 1 oz club then.

I've been away on business and then on holidays, I have only just caught up on the threads.

One more big boy smackdown (Friday?) and then I reckon its Shorterz Shooting Season for a few months.

I looove this projection for the $USD, just perfect. at 80 we would have oil at 105, gold at 730, silver at 10.80, eur/usd at 1.4300, and this would be the just a perfect bottom for commodities and everybody to buy in. I like this chart with triangle reversal, it would match with deflation ideas.

details: http://www.marketoracle.net/Article5932.html

I think that the key factor affecting the gold price, isn't how quickly the dollar devalues in absolute terms, but how it performs relative to the Euro.

What do you use to define the dollar in absolute terms? The USDX is 57.6% the euro.

The USDX Components

us-dollar-index-weights.gif